V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #16,936 of 23,366
T__T why don't Vmoda allow shipping to Malaysia. I want to get the XL earpad:triportsad: I contact the local authorised reseller but they say they have still yet to get any feedback from vmoda. Is there any other ways i can get the XL earpad for my m100. X.X of course don't expect me to fly to US to get the earpad TT.

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #16,937 of 23,366
Hey guys, 

I'm quite new to head-fi but i wanted to know if anybody knew of anywhere in the UK that sell replacement pads for the M100s?

I bought these about 2 months ago, however i have hardly used them. I love the way they sound however they are so uncomfortable!
After about 20 mins of use, i can't stand them. The pressure on the ears get painful. ( I may need to stretch out the headband).

Any advise would be great :) 

Oct 4, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #16,938 of 23,366
  Hey guys, 

I'm quite new to head-fi but i wanted to know if anybody knew of anywhere in the UK that sell replacement pads for the M100s?

I bought these about 2 months ago, however i have hardly used them. I love the way they sound however they are so uncomfortable!
After about 20 mins of use, i can't stand them. The pressure on the ears get painful. ( I may need to stretch out the headband).

Get XL pads from V-MODA.com, it's the only way.

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #16,939 of 23,366
T__T why don't Vmoda allow shipping to Malaysia. I want to get the XL earpad:triportsad: I contact the local authorised reseller but they say they have still yet to get any feedback from vmoda. Is there any other ways i can get the XL earpad for my m100. X.X of course don't expect me to fly to US to get the earpad TT.

I'm from Malaysia and I ordered the XL pads directly from V Moda's website.

Oct 5, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #16,943 of 23,366
Hey guys, 

I imagine Amazon will have them at some point, but we are probably talking months away unfortunately.

I'm in the UK and ordered mine direct from V-MODA. I paid for priority shipping at $30, so with the current exchange rate you're looking at about £30 for pads and shipping. I bought other stuff at the same time, so my package got stopped and charged at customs. All still arrived within 2 weeks from despatch though.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #16,945 of 23,366
SWEET! The XL pads are out! I am going to order some, I have the White M100. Should I get the black pads or the grey? I currently have the Gold Shields with them. Also is there any difference in sound with the black pad vs the grey?  I believe Val had mentioned something about that. Yay Mike! Can't wait for the vid!

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #16,948 of 23,366
Sorry to break from all the XL Pads talk, but I was just wandering if anyone does anything as far as preventative maintenance for their m-100's. With talk on here about rusting hinges on some folks's m-100's. I was wandering if it would be beneficial to apply some sort of lubricant or rust protectant to keep them from rusting or would this just hinder the hinge mechanism. I personally haven't had any issues with my headphones and take extra measures in keeping them clean and good condition, only listening to them in home, office or travels; always kept in case and never worn while sweating. But I feel you can never be too safe.

I haven't applied anything to the hinges, yet, as I don't want to hinder there performance. Just wanted to see what you guys think?

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #16,949 of 23,366
  I recently got the M-100 ( absolutely love them and probably the best 300 dollars I could spend on headphones for me) and while the Regular pads don't hurt at all... Is it still worth getting the XL pads ?

If you want a more balanced sound (based on the experiences from people in this thread who have the XL pads) from your M-100s or want even more comfort, sure. If you prefer the original V-shaped sound signature then no.

While I knew changing pads would change the sound signature, I'm a bit disappointed that the XL pads make them more balanced, since I specifically bought the M-100s for their fun sound. If the regular pads didn't cause me any discomfort, I personally wouldn't change, but then again, I have Momentums for a balanced portable so that probably influences my judgment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back