V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #16,696 of 23,366
  I still haven't received a shipping notification for my XL pads. What's up with that? I was one of the first people to order them.
mad.gif

Yeah, I feel ya. I was a pretty immediate orderer too. No shipment notification for me yet, either.
frown.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #16,702 of 23,366
Well... I'll give my initial impressions of the XL Pads in 1-2 days when I get them [with pictures of course]. I'm kinda shocked that mine shipped out and no one elses [that I know of]... I ordered mine rather late (August 28 according to V-Moda). I can't even think of why mine would ship out before anyone else's.

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #16,703 of 23,366
  Well... I'll give my initial impressions of the XL Pads in 1-2 days when I get them [with pictures of course]. I'm kinda shocked that mine shipped out and no one elses [that I know of]... I ordered mine rather late (August 28 according to V-Moda). I can't even think of why mine would ship out before anyone else's.

Where's Val to explain this nonsense? Only 3 people had their XL pads shipped and those of us that ordered when they were still VTF are still waiting. 
mad.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #16,704 of 23,366

Where's Val to explain this nonsense? Only 3 people had their XL pads shipped and those of us that ordered when they were still VTF are still waiting. 
mad.gif

To be fair, they were still VTF when I ordered... I got the Faders coming too... This will be my second set of tuned earplugs that I'll own... I should compare them to the earpeace that I already use for concerts. 

But I really can't account for why mine shipped already and others are still waiting. I figured everyone who ordered while they were VTF would have gotten the confirmation at the same time...

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #16,705 of 23,366
I also ordered mine at the VTF phase on august 21 and still nothing. Contacted customer support who gave me their cool "Rock On" responses without anything solid other than that they're beginning to ship this week. Told them they should honor the timeframes they promised by changing my shipping to express considering I live in Oz and I won't see them for weeks after they've shipped. Hardly impressed!!!

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #16,706 of 23,366
It's been 7 months since I have used this product and I am putting in some updates with regards to the toughness of the product.
We all know these headphones are created and advertised with "Toughness" in mind. Unfortunately I found 4 physical weak spots in this product:

1. The leather"ish" material of the headband can be easily be scratched with your own nails. I could imagine when a cat accidentally scratched it, it would be a disaster and the look can be easily be ruined.

2. The sliding mechanism. Inside the headband that holds/encloses the sliding mechanism can easily snap-out and ruin the sliding mechanism when the headband is accidentally twisted like using the headphone while lying in bed. Also, when putting/wearing the headphones to your head the tendency is you will hold the headphones to the metal part that holds the speakers on both sides. This causes a lot of tension to the materials that holds/encloses the sliding mechanism inside the headband and can cause the sliding mechanism break apart. Also, it could probably "rip-out" from the soft fabric underneath the headband, that would be really ugly when that happens. When I noticed that, I was careful of holding the headphone from there on. But I was annoyed at that so what I did is I reinforced the material that holds/encloses sliding mechanism from the outside of the headband with 2 nylon cable ties at the edge of the sliding mechanism holder. The headphones feel more sturdy now no matter how carefree I handle it when wearing it.

3. The folding mechanism material can rust easily. I use this headphones when jogging and when sweat gets there, it can rust easily. So when I noticed that, I clean the folding mechanism with WD40. Not sure how V-Moda can improve this one in their future or next production of M100s.

4. The replaceable plastic part at both ends of the headband can easily CRACK (The one with 3 screws each where the L and R is printed). Mine has a crack already in both sides.

Of course I can have them replaced free of charge, but I live in the Philippines and it will be a pain to ship it back to have it replaced since there is no distributor here. Anyhow these are the things I noticed about this product and I hope they can address these in their next production or in the future release. I really enjoy these CANS the most and with that I use it the most for the past 7 months and I really love these headphones despite some material weaknesses. I don't abuse these headphones even though it is advertised as "Built like a tank". I just use it normally. But I wish I could be more carefree to handle it.

Sep 25, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #16,710 of 23,366
This is rather disappointing
frown.gif

I know what you mean...I ordered a bunch of stuff when those pads were released, along with the pads themselves, and I have yet to see any information from V-Moda regarding the shipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back