V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 23, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #15,151 of 23,366
I've been making music for this video game called Voidnex (www.voidnex.com) and I'm doing the music for the trailer, I've been making it pretty much entirely on my M-100s, with additional mixing through my laptop speakers. Let me know what you think!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npfpdq0085njxa0/MIXINGv4.mp3

Unfortunately I can't post the video to the trailer yet so some of the noises may seem quite random.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #15,152 of 23,366
Not bad. The treble seems kind of tizzly too me though.

It reminds me of this song that one of my friends helped make:

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #15,153 of 23,366
Jun 24, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #15,154 of 23,366
I've been making music for this video game called Voidnex (www.voidnex.com) and I'm doing the music for the trailer, I've been making it pretty much entirely on my M-100s, with additional mixing through my laptop speakers. Let me know what you think!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npfpdq0085njxa0/MIXINGv4.mp3

Unfortunately I can't post the video to the trailer yet so some of the noises may seem quite random.
I like it ! Purposely listened to it just on my iPad speakers ..... You may want to bring your levels down a hair

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #15,155 of 23,366
Hey guys, just a quick question for those who own both the M-100's and M-80's, does the place where you insert the 3.5mm jack into the headphones, the same for both the headphones? or is the M-100's socket deeper?

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #15,156 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey guys, just a quick question for those who own both the M-100's and M-80's, does the place where you insert the 3.5mm jack into the headphones, the same for both the headphones? or is the M-100's socket deeper?

They use the same cable if I'm not mistaken, (the remote and mic'd one anyway). 

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #15,157 of 23,366
Quote:

They use the same cable if I'm not mistaken, (the remote and mic'd one anyway). 

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I am aware they use the same cable, but I was wondering if the socket where you plug the cables into on the headphones were the same, because I got a custom headphone cable here that I use with my M-80's, but I'm not too sure if it will fit in the M-100's that I have coming.

It's a nice and tight fit for my M-80's, so I was just scared that it might not work with the M-100's, which I'm okay with, but just after confirmation:)

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #15,158 of 23,366
Quote:
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I am aware they use the same cable, but I was wondering if the socket where you plug the cables into on the headphones were the same, because I got a custom headphone cable here that I use with my M-80's, but I'm not too sure if it will fit in the M-100's that I have coming.

It's a nice and tight fit for my M-80's, so I was just scared that it might not work with the M-100's, which I'm okay with, but just after confirmation:)

I haven't measured but they look like they are the same depth to me. I've seen them often enough despite not owning the M-80s

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #15,159 of 23,366
I haven't measured but they look like they are the same depth to me. I've seen them often enough despite not owning the M-80s

Okays, I think it shouldn't be any different anyways:)

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #15,160 of 23,366
Quote:

Well, no matter what you decide to do, just know that if and when the XL cushions become available I will be buying them for sure. The M-100 is comfortable as is, but I still would like the cushions to be slightly thicker and larger. They need more depth to keep my ears from rubbing up against the driver enclosures.

We found the original 3 XL samples didn't work as we had hoped, therefore we had to change the way we stitch the earpads and use a new supplier. Samples are ready today.  Typical problem we see when we are adjusting the nuances of ergonomics for our "greater good" philosophy. I'll send photos and dimensions soon - the team is on it. 

PS on the lighter side, M-100 was featured in Penthouse and didn't even have to strip!  Pretty funny, I have an excuse to buy an issue for the articles, truly as a keepsake.  

Lots of updates on USA sales channels including Brookstone, InMotion and more as well as Europe.  Inbox-wise I have 437 posts to read to catch up on this thread and respond to ~50.  But I just don't have the bandwidth this week to catch up on emails/forums/social media, perhaps this weekend or next! 

Innovate
Trust me I am building something revolutionary, I'll try to give some hints into our roadmap but the M-100 is definitely not going anywhere and we are doubling down on it as it is becoming a huge success to techies/audiophiles, lifestyle and DJ consumers alike.  A new in-ear is our biggest request lately, so I have to innovate and reinvent the in-ear once again!  Not an easy task, its like reinventing the wheel and there isn't much room to play with. But, I'm up for it and can do it.  I'm deeply saddened that our ZINC-METAL alloy on Vibrato wasn't mass producable to meet our plating specifications in a timely manner.  More on that saga later, materials are so crucial in the ID, production, durability and performance.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #15,161 of 23,366
IEM FTW!!! About time Mr. V! 

I hope you keep the mic separate and the remote on a separate connector/adapter/plug so that we can switch between android/idevice/windows without worrying about compatibility and sq.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #15,162 of 23,366
Quote:

Innovate
Trust me I am building something revolutionary, I'll try to give some hints into our roadmap but the M-100 is definitely not going anywhere and we are doubling down on it as it is becoming a huge success to techies/audiophiles, lifestyle and DJ consumers alike.  A new in-ear is our biggest request lately, so I have to innovate and reinvent the in-ear once again!  Not an easy task, its like reinventing the wheel and there isn't much room to play with. But, I'm up for it and can do it.  I'm deeply saddened that our ZINC-METAL alloy on Vibrato wasn't mass producable to meet our plating specifications in a timely manner.  More on that saga later, materials are so crucial in the ID, production, durability and performance.

A new in ear would definitely sound like a good idea. I've actually had quite a bit of misfortune with V-Moda in ears vs the headphones. I've "broken" around 5 pairs so far from the early Vibes to the Vibratos. All seem to be weak around the thinner wire portion. Just normal usage would cause them to eventually crink heavily and result in the cut of sound from one ear. 

I was going to get a replacement, but apparently the Vibrato won't be available until after summer according to customer service. Still 6 star service though. I was given a temporary replacement with the Bass Freq Metal Remote. It is actually more durable than the cloth covered cable in my experience. Perhaps due to its flexibility?

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #15,163 of 23,366
Quote:

Innovate Trust me I am building something revolutionary, I'll try to give some hints into our roadmap but the M-100 is definitely not going anywhere and we are doubling down on it as it is becoming a huge success to techies/audiophiles, lifestyle and DJ consumers alike.  A new in-ear is our biggest request lately, so I have to innovate and reinvent the in-ear once again!  Not an easy task, its like reinventing the wheel and there isn't much room to play with. But, I'm up for it and can do it.  I'm deeply saddened that our ZINC-METAL alloy on Vibrato wasn't mass producable to meet our plating specifications in a timely manner.  More on that saga later, materials are so crucial in the ID, production, durability and performance.

Val,
I have owned my M-100 for nearly a year and can't say enough positive about them.  I have an interest in an IEM that would be comparable to the sound of the M-100 and hope you would crowd source that product as well.  The biggest issue I have with IEM's is a comfortable, secure fit (more than what tips alone provide).  As you know, losing even a bit of seal dramatically impacts the sound, particularly bass.  I think B&W was onto something with their C5 ear loop which definitely checks the box for secure fit, but not comfort.  I am confident you can innovate something unique to secure an IEM for active use similar to the innovation of the click hinges on the M-100 and will look forward to updates.

Jun 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #15,164 of 23,366
Quote:
Innovate

Here's something to inspire you:

Quote:
Lots of updates on USA sales channels including Brookstone, InMotion and more as well as Europe.  Inbox-wise I have 437 posts to read to catch up on this thread and respond to ~50.  But I just don't have the bandwidth this week to catch up on emails/forums/social media, perhaps this weekend or next!

Quite honestly, you only really need to read the ones that start off with "Hey, Val" 
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #15,165 of 23,366
Quote:
We found the original 3 XL samples didn't work as we had hoped, therefore we had to change the way we stitch the earpads and use a new supplier. Samples are ready today.  Typical problem we see when we are adjusting the nuances of ergonomics for our "greater good" philosophy. I'll send photos and dimensions soon - the team is on it. 

Thanks for the update, Val. Much appreciated! I know you won't have a chance to respond to this for quite some time, but: Any plans to make the current M-100 pads available for purchase? One of the pads that came with my Matte Black M-100s was kind of a mess...a number of the edges where it clicks into the earcup are mashed and warped from what looks like rough handling/improper installation at the factory. It's certainly not a huge deal; and I don't know how much (if at all) it really affects the sound; but, still, it shows a level of poor finish I admit to finding bothersome in a headphone of this caliber.

On a separate note, I've been having a hell of a time getting the light of day from V-MODA Customer Service lately. There was a day or two a few weeks ago where I had a good correspondence going with David and Joanna about a warranty issue (after having my cracked earcup housing repaired, I opened the package to find another crack in one of the wingplates). They apologized for the trouble and assured me everything would be taken care of promptly. After submitting a new warranty claim on the website and sending a couple of follow-up emails, all I've gotten is silence. Anyone else here having trouble with e-mail communications from V-MODA CS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back