V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #15,137 of 23,366
Quote:
I have both of them in front of me right now!  Great headphones!  Hoping to get my hands on the NAD's pretty soon here as well.  Will let you know what I hear!  

Quote:
Ive tried them in world wide stereo and they were good but they felt like beats studios im terms of build and looks

The build of the PSB could be better.  I am looking forward to trying out the NAD since they have much improved looks and should sound similar to the PSB.

Jun 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #15,139 of 23,366
Quote:
Anything with the NAD brand on it is basically guaranteed to be great, Seems like everyone and their dog are making headphones at the moment.

I see that you have the Sennheiser Momentum and the M100 + you listen to metal. Could you do a comparison of the two headphones in how they fair with that genre in particular? I'm also particularly interested in how they compare to each other as all-rounder headphones. M100 has me sold on the build quality and design, but if it has too much of a colored sound that isn't good with all genres I kind of want to avoid them, which is the impression I pretty much get from reading about them. I listen to a butt load of genres, so I need an all-rounder.

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #15,141 of 23,366
Quote:
are you the guy who makes youtube videos?

I have no youtube videos of myself. I made one for the Sennheiser amperior and I removed it after it got less than 10 views because I decided a written review would be better, and I'm a little shy about showing my face. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #15,143 of 23,366
Quote:
I see that you have the Sennheiser Momentum and the M100 + you listen to metal. Could you do a comparison of the two headphones in how they fair with that genre in particular? I'm also particularly interested in how they compare to each other as all-rounder headphones. M100 has me sold on the build quality and design, but if it has too much of a colored sound that isn't good with all genres I kind of want to avoid them, which is the impression I pretty much get from reading about them. I listen to a butt load of genres, so I need an all-rounder.

Personally I would not use the M-100 for metal, I have not been listening to much metal recently, the Momentums would be better for it but still there are better headphones if you only listen to that genre.... Personally I quite like the Shure Se215 IEM for metal... They seem to work well with that genre... The M-100 have gone now but I still have the Momentums, they are decent for metal as well.

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #15,145 of 23,366
Hey Guys I was wondering, personally for me I actually like the sound of M80 more, but the M100 is much superior headphone. I like the Lush sounds of the mids and the punchiness and impact of the bass of the M80. Is there any headphone that provide better or same lush mids and the punchiness and impactful bass? I heard the Mad Dogs are good but I dont have a good amp. I might consider a combo under 350 but thats my max. Thanks! 

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #15,146 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey Guys I was wondering, personally for me I actually like the sound of M80 more, but the M100 is much superior headphone. I like the Lush sounds of the mids and the punchiness and impact of the bass of the M80. Is there any headphone that provide better or same lush mids and the punchiness and impactful bass? I heard the Mad Dogs are good but I dont have a good amp. I might consider a combo under 350 but thats my max. Thanks! 

From everything I have read, the Mad Dogs don't have punchy, impactful bass like the M-100.  I have not heard them personally.  The NuForce HP800 might be an interesting choice for you.  Also, the PSB M4U1 will have the mids you want, but not quite the punch in the bass, although their bass is respectable.  Yamaha PRO 500 is another I have read good things about regarding their sound (not comfort).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back