V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #14,701 of 23,366
Quote:

So received an automated email from them when I filled out the warranty form. They want me to send the headphones back in via shipping service, and have it insured. Sending it from Australia will cost me at least $70. If I send them, all up I will have paid $420 for a pair of headphones that had to be replaced 7 months in... 

frown.gif

So the moral of this story is to not live in Australia. 
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #14,703 of 23,366
I never posted anything in my life , how do i go about shipping back my v-modas to the US from Canada lol?..I have it all packaged up and now do i just walk into the post office ,choose my method of shipment (tracked packet) and tell them the info, or am i supposed to do something else lol.. ;\

May 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #14,705 of 23,366
yo this whole entire thing has been a nightmare when i really think about it... paid 331 plus shipping when i bought these, but unaware to the fact that UPS charges a ridiculous fee, taxed me anoher 95$ upon delivery do the math there, and now the right side giving me problems...and i  have to pay shipping to send it back!?? thats another 20..and what about when they send it back..will i have to pay iport taxes..yo i may very well just get a refund if this is the case...damn i screwed my self.

May 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #14,706 of 23,366
Quote:
yo this whole entire thing has been a nightmare when i really think about it... paid 331 plus shipping when i bought these, but unaware to the fact that UPS charges a ridiculous fee, taxed me anoher 95$ upon delivery do the math there, and now the right side giving me problems...and i  have to pay shipping to send it back!?? thats another 20..and what about when they send it back..will i have to pay iport taxes..yo i may very well just get a refund if this is the case...damn i screwed my self.

Isn't the "ridiculous fee" UPS charged you your countries' import tax?  Is that usually 30% of the value of the item that you import?    

May 29, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #14,708 of 23,366
I don't find vmodas customer service 6 stars I would give them like 3 out of 6, they don't respond to my emails all the time, and when I talk to them they start out quite and gradually talk louder. And in my opinion if they sell u a product that breaks within warranty they should pay shipping both ways if they wanna consider themselves 6 stars, they should go the extra mile for the customer, but they don't so it's 5 star or less, amazon is 6 stars because they do whatever they can to please me(2 way shipping, ups pickup for package, crediting my account for many kinds of reasons). I've had atleast 100 or more in amazon credit for my troubles I had with amazon. I would give new egg 5-3 depending on who you get as your customer service rep because each one does different things for you(I've had gotten a customer service rep that denied me a promo, than I talked to someone else and they gave me the promo). I've had hp go the extra mile for me once after talking with a manager and they repaired a computer past the warranty period. Even though hp isn't known for their customer service.

May 29, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #14,709 of 23,366
I agree that amazon is the only place to buy anything over the net and have no worries about. I've purchased and sent back like six sets of phones and never had to pay return ups. If v moda charges to return during the warranty period, that is major b.s. 

May 29, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #14,710 of 23,366
Quote:
I agree that amazon is the only place to buy anything over the net and have no worries about. I've purchased and sent back like six sets of phones and never had to pay return ups. If v moda charges to return during the warranty period, that is major b.s. 

Quote:
I don't find vmodas customer service 6 stars I would give them like 3 out of 6, they don't respond to my emails all the time, and when I talk to them they start out quite and gradually talk louder. And in my opinion if they sell u a product that breaks within warranty they should pay shipping both ways if they wanna consider themselves 6 stars, they should go the extra mile for the customer, but they don't so it's 5 star or less, amazon is 6 stars because they do whatever they can to please me(2 way shipping, ups pickup for package, crediting my account for many kinds of reasons). I've had atleast 100 or more in amazon credit for my troubles I had with amazon. I would give new egg 5-3 depending on who you get as your customer service rep because each one does different things for you(I've had gotten a customer service rep that denied me a promo, than I talked to someone else and they gave me the promo). I've had hp go the extra mile for me once after talking with a manager and they repaired a computer past the warranty period. Even though hp isn't known for their customer service.

I fully agree. Some time ago I contacted v-moda service for a cracked earcup and they told me I had to return the headphones and that I had to pay the shipping costs. From Italy it's really expensive so I chose to not send it back. 

May 29, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #14,711 of 23,366

I also have to say the worst customer service I have ever dealt with is coolermaster, they were so bad and I will never ever buy from them, I've bought 8 things from them totalling to 500 dollars (bought a 130 dollar keyboard, 180 dollar computer case, 4 fans totalling 60 dollars, mouse pad for 8 would be 3 but they skimped 5 dollars on my rebate soil cheap, 120 dollar headset). I was what you call a fanboy of their product and if you see my headphone pictures you can see some of their stuff in the background, I can truly say I will never buy from them again, their customer service live chat was extremely rude to me and just left me in chat even after I asked them a question.

May 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #14,712 of 23,366
ive had it pretty bad with sennheiser. bought an 800$ boom microphone and it was broken out of the box. i called them and the person on the phone was rude off the bat and told me that my claim was ridiculous/theres no way there responsible and called me a f$%n idiot also stating that they have no problem losing me as a customer who probably spends 5k a year minimum on there products(i always record conversations with customer service reps). so i called back and reported the smarty pants customer service rep to the manager.
i may be an effin idiot but at least i still have my job haha. they fixed the issue by sending me a new unit and a free pair of HD428s which i happily modded the piss out of.
moral of the story...record conversations with customer service reps/ call back and talk to a manager

May 29, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #14,713 of 23,366
Quote:
ive had it pretty bad with sennheiser. bought an 800$ boom microphone and it was broken out of the box. i called them and the person on the phone was rude off the bat and told me that my claim was ridiculous/theres no way there responsible and called me a f$%n idiot also stating that they have no problem losing me as a customer who probably spends 5k a year minimum on there products(i always record conversations with customer service reps). so i called back and reported the smarty pants customer service rep to the manager.
i may be an effin idiot but at least i still have my job haha. they fixed the issue by sending me a new unit and a free pair of HD428s which i happily modded the piss out of.
moral of the story...record conversations with customer service reps/ call back and talk to a manager

i did that but i could never could get a hold of management with cooler master, their customer service is such trash and they dont wanna ever get me a manager

May 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #14,715 of 23,366
I took the dive and ordered direct from v-moda website (because amazon charges tax now). Since i have not tried them on yet and these are so very expensive, i hope my socks are blown off 
size]
 and that there is no ear pain for me . Anything less and they will be returned.  

For any non-audiophile average consumer  these are most likely the most expensive headphones anyone would normally buy for a long term investment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back