V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #14,581 of 23,366
My m-100 and e11 will be in shortly....I have to decide if I am going to keep them or switch to something else.  I have about 10 flights coming up and they are all pretty much 1-2 hours and I have forgotten my headphones my last 2 flights and when I do remember them it's my Coby NC ones.

Damn forums like this make it so hard to actually pick a product lol.

May 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #14,582 of 23,366
Quote:
I would add the HD-25-1 ii and Beyerdynamic DT1350 to your list as well. I found those two isolate much better than the M-100 in a noisy environment. They are definitely more isolating than the Custom One Pro.

As much as I like the DT1350, I would not want to wear them for a 10h+ flight... On the other hand I would not want to wear any headphone I know for that long. CIEMs might be an option to look into (I have custom hearing protection filters that I can wear for extended periods without discomfort).

May 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #14,583 of 23,366
Quote:
I'M BAAACKKKK...

For the XL cushions, we are on the third round now as the first 2 didn't improve as much as we wanted.

Ok.

Thanks for getting us up-to-date.
Hopefully soon you'll have more details.

Seen you in two months M100 Thread!!! :wink:

May 15, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #14,584 of 23,366
Sooooo I got my e12 yesterday. Paired with the M-100 the sound is nothing short of amazing ! I'm loving it. I recognize that the M-100's sound is colored but I LIKE it that way ..... and now I like it even more .... I love the fullness of the sound being pushed by the e12. I like a lot of old school funk (Rick James, Parliament, Bootsy Collins, Earth Wind and Fire etc) and they came through wonderfully ....

Very pleased
smile_phones.gif

May 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #14,585 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
CIEMs cost a fortune though (I'm looking into a pair myself but they have poor resell value compared to universal in-ear earphones).

If he's looking for an over-ear headphone, either noise cancelling (Bose QC15) or well-isolated headphones (MrSpeakers Mad Dogs, or any Fostex T50RP) would probably be a good bet. I haven't had the chance to try the Sony 1RNC yet.

Thanks for the recommendation, I've read some good things about the Mr Speakers Mad Dog modded headphones. I'll look into it. By any chance do you have a pair?

But to stay on subject, I wonder if Val and the folks over at V-moda have considered building a headset specifically for use in aircraft noise environments?

Nope I don't own a pair, but I've listened to a few of them.

May 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #14,586 of 23,366
I need help! I currently own an iPhone 5 and I was considering of moving to android. I wanted to get either the updated Nexus 4. How would the sound quality change going from the ip5 to the n4? How does it sound with the n4? Also google released the gs4 variant but its 649 bucks, should I save up for that? How would the m100 sound?

May 15, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #14,587 of 23,366
The N4 didn't impress me all that much when it comes to driving the M100s.  I like my GS3 much better (and so does Val apparently since that's what he uses)...so I'm sure the GS4 developer variant will be fantastic.  I'm definitely going to be first in line for the GS4 Google version on June 26th (assuming the Google Play store actually works of course).

May 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #14,588 of 23,366
So after spending a week with the "dynamat mod" I've grown to love it! It really brings more energy to the highs and mids while having a more tight bass sound. I'm finding that it also makes vocals and synth noises much more holographic and more detail just all around . Wish someone else could hear this so I sound less crazy

May 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #14,592 of 23,366
Are the earcups on the M-100's enough to cover the whole ear? Cause I have big ears, but not massive ears. 

They are borderline, which is why the V-Moda folks did testing on XL ear cushions and many of us are anxiously awaiting their release.

May 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #14,593 of 23,366
Quote:
Are the earcups on the M-100's enough to cover the whole ear? Cause I have big ears, but not massive ears. 

I have small ears and the pads sit over my earlobes, which is not uncomfortable but, eah. If you have big ears, you will definitely find your ears touching the pads. If it's uncomfortable or not is gonna depend on you. 

I feel the external top part of my ears touching the pads as well. To be honest, I found out that it is uncomfortable for me during the first 5 to 10 minutes. After that time, I suppose the pads and my ears get warmer, and I feel much better comfort. Again, It's gonna be up to you. I use them with the softie mod though, which already expand the room for your ears gradually, so...

May 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #14,594 of 23,366
I have what I would consider to be average to slightly big ears and I usually manage to squeeze my ears into the pads. They are comfortable but it is a tight fit. The only reason I did not send my M-100 back was the promise of the XL pads, which we have been discussing since January. 

May 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #14,595 of 23,366
Quote:

I have small ears and the pads sit over my earlobes, which is not uncomfortable but, eah. If you have big ears, you will definitely find your ears touching the pads. If it's uncomfortable or not is gonna depend on you. 

I feel the external top part of my ears touching the pads as well. To be honest, I found out that it is uncomfortable for me during the first 5 to 10 minutes. After that time, I suppose the pads and my ears get warmer, and I feel much better comfort. Again, It's gonna be up to you. I use them with the softie mod though, which already expand the room for your ears gradually, so...

So what is the softie mod?  I searched to no avail......................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back