V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #14,552 of 23,366
The m100's should do fine on a long flight right? I don't mind if I hear the planes rumble a little bit but my music should cover up the most part of the engine noise.

I guess that depends on how much you can tolerate. I find them acceptable while others here don't. I have a high tolerance level for most things though, as long as they aren't drugs or alcohol.

May 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #14,553 of 23,366
*Double post*

May 14, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #14,555 of 23,366
Quote:
CIEMs cost a fortune though (I'm looking into a pair myself but they have poor resell value compared to universal in-ear earphones).

If he's looking for an over-ear headphone, either noise cancelling (Bose QC15) or well-isolated headphones (MrSpeakers Mad Dogs, or any Fostex T50RP) would probably be a good bet. I haven't had the chance to try the Sony 1RNC yet.

Thanks for the recommendation, I've read some good things about the Mr Speakers Mad Dog modded headphones. I'll look into it. By any chance do you have a pair?

But to stay on subject, I wonder if Val and the folks over at V-moda have considered building a headset specifically for use in aircraft noise environments?

May 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #14,557 of 23,366
Thanks for the recommendation, I've read some good things about the Mr Speakers Mad Dog modded headphones. I'll look into it. By any chance do you have a pair?

But to stay on subject, I wonder if Val and the folks over at V-moda have considered building a headset specifically for use in aircraft noise environments?

Val has said he made prototypes of noise cancelling and Bluetooth headphones, but they weren't up to his sound quality standards. They are locked away in one of his drawers somewhere.

May 15, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #14,558 of 23,366
Quote:
Soooo...

NO XL Pads yet huh?

hahaha... yeaa, not to bring up the same topic again, but i am wondering if we could get an updated estimate of when XL pads may be released. it's been a while (3+ months methinks)

also, just curious. what is v-moda working on now? since it seems like the coilpro, xl pads, and even the boommic pro (the "vtf" that you could buy disappeared from the website) all are kinda forgotten.

May 15, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #14,559 of 23,366
Noob question that's probably asked tons of times, but how do these compare to the M-80s in terms of sound signature/sound quality and isolation. I bought the M-80s and am really interested in getting the M-100s as well. It would be great if someone can answer or direct me to a post which answers this.

May 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #14,561 of 23,366
Quote:
so i hear these do well with monstrously sized heads vs. the m-80?  and would they appear that much bulkier on the head vs. the m-80?  already awaiting arrival so bit of cart before the horse...

Check out this post. 
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/517576/headphones-worn-new-thread-no-nudity/1410#post_7543248

May 15, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #14,562 of 23,366
Quote:
You guys are pretty hardcore about your isolation. I find that a few hours with a bit of engine noise is totally tolerable with the M-100. Sure, you still hear stuff but it's very muffled. Plus you don't miss out if you close your eyes and the refreshments come around.

The M-100 is fine unless you need total isolation chamber noise blockage. The thought seems terrifying to me.

Quote:
leave it to people on head-fi
redface.gif
to take stuff way out of hand

My favourite 2 step response on head-fi yet. Had to log in just to say so. Priceless.

Also, Matte Blacks with custom shields inbound! 

May 15, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #14,563 of 23,366
Quote:
Soooo...

NO XL Pads yet huh?

I emailed V-Moda and asked their customer support a few times over the past 2 weeks. I spoke with a girl named Heidi and specifically referenced Val talking about them on here and then asked her what he said the status on them was. The final answer I got from Heidi about the XL Earpads was from a week and a half ago

"The only update we have on XL earpads is that they're 'in the works."

I assume she's referencing Val here, or at least someone in the know in the R&D department. Anyway, that tells me there's some time to go and it's not going to be any kind of rush order. 
Just thought I'd let you guys know.

May 15, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #14,565 of 23,366
My favourite 2 step response on head-fi yet. Had to log in just to say so. Priceless.

Also, Matte Blacks with custom shields inbound! 

I agree, but when I was talking about flights, I was thinking in spending more than 10h, not a few... Even 3h is reasonable, but 10h without a good isolation headphone, can be a pain in the ass. If I had the chance to choose cans, I wouldn't go with the V-Moda's for long flights. There are much better options. Specially if you flight regularly, which I suppose is the case of aerodrew.

That doesn't mean I am not in love with them thought. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back