V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #13,622 of 23,366
Quote:
Is that problem only on the pretty release models

Mine pre-release unit came with the wingplate already cracked. Since it was a pre-release they didn't have any extra parts to repair it with so I had to wait until the official release before I could get a replacement. V-MODA simply sent me a whole new M-100 and had me mail them back the broken one. I tested them, going back and forth, and noticed no differences between my 4 month old pair and my brand new, out of the box pair.

I don't think it happened a lot. Maybe a handful of us had small cracks here or there due to over tightened screws.

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #13,623 of 23,366
Mine pre-release unit came with the wingplate already cracked. Since it was a pre-release they didn't have any extra parts to repair it with so I had to wait until the official release before I could get a replacement. V-MODA simply sent me a whole new M-100 and had me mail them back the broken one. I tested them, going back and forth, and noticed no differences between my 4 month old pair and my brand new, out of the box pair.

I don't think it happened a lot. Maybe a handful of us had small cracks here or there due to over tightened screws.

Lol I said pretty release haha

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #13,625 of 23,366
You can multi-quote you know? :wink:

---

Well it looks like that wingplate crack has got to me too. I haven't touched the screws since around October.

Now you get to test a brand new pair next to your "burned-in" pair like I did. I should have recorded my experience with that. You should make a video when you get your replacement.

Maybe, if V-MODA covers cosmetic damage. Their warranty specifically says cosmetic damage isn't covered but peope here have had their units replaced due to cosmetic damage. I inquired about my cracked earcup earlier and they basically said don't worry about it unless it affects the sound or gets worse, and I'm not too worried about it at the moment.

Another LP2 sighting today. I got excitied thinking it was a M-100 again. >.>

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #13,626 of 23,366
Well. This is just awful. I was bought a pair of V-moda M-100 and what's now? Left side of headphones doesn't work. It's can sound only when I randomly bend the headband. I spent 310 dollars for "indestructible" headphones and they just broke after 4 months of caring attitude. All my previous headphones were cheap but they worked minimum for a year. I saying about Audio Technica ES7 and even Pioneer MJ5. I am very disappointed.

P.S. Somebody who has used already M100 please advise me which headphones I can take as worthy replacement of these? I need balanced (with more mids than in M100) headphones with strong construction and durable (and it would be nice - replaceable) wire.

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #13,627 of 23,366
Quote:
Well. This is just awful. I was bought a pair of V-moda M-100 and what's now? Left side of headphones doesn't work. It's can sound only when I randomly bend the headband. I spent 310 dollars for "indestructible" headphones and they just broke after 4 months of caring attitude. All my previous headphones were cheap but they worked minimum for a year. I saying about Audio Technica ES7 and even Pioneer MJ5. I am very disappointed.

P.S. Somebody who has used already M100 please advise me which headphones I can take as worthy replacement of these? I need balanced (with more mids than in M100) headphones with strong construction and durable (and it would be nice - replaceable) wire.

Sorry to hear about this! Check your PM's. We'll get that replaced for you quickly.

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #13,629 of 23,366
Quote:

Make absolutely that you cable is not only plugged but CLICKED in also.  This is a common mistake / problem to people new to the M-100, as if you don't have the plug completely sitting right, your sound will go in and out at random.

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #13,630 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

Make absolutely that you cable is not only plugged but CLICKED in also.  This is a common mistake / problem to people new to the M-100, as if you don't have the plug completely sitting right, your sound will go in and out at random.

After using the M-100's for 4 months, I think the user would know that by now. XD

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #13,631 of 23,366
Well. This is just awful. I was bought a pair of V-moda M-100 and what's now? Left side of headphones doesn't work. It's can sound only when I randomly 
bend the 
headband. I spent 310 dollars for "
indestructible" 
headphones and they just broke after 4 months of 
caring attitude. All my previous headphones were cheap but they worked minimum for a year. I saying about Audio Technica ES7 and even Pioneer MJ5. 
I am very disappointed.

After using the M-100's for 4 months, I think the user would know that by now. XD

You never know.

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #13,634 of 23,366
Quote:
I was interested in the M-80s, but then I found out that they aren't so comfortable if your head's too big. Since that puts those off of the table for me, how are the M-100s if you've got a big head?

My head is huge and I have no issue.  All you have to do is bend the band out and it will fit fine.

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #13,635 of 23,366
Guys this is weird, I just got my v80, and I notice the v80 has more bass than my m100. Is it because I just switched earpads on m100 since my old one was damaged? The new ones I got from V-MODA did some what fit, one tab didn't fit, but the pads were way softer, did I get the lp pads? This so weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back