V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #13,051 of 23,366
Hey Michael woo. I saw your whole half hour video on m-100s. Very in depth and the Verza was funny when you put one of the amp/sac behind it and described the measurement. Hey A little off topic but what's your twitter

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #13,052 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey Michael woo. I saw your whole half hour video on m-100s. Very in depth and the Verza was funny when you put one of the amp/sac behind it and described the measurement. Hey A little off topic but what's your twitter

Well I'm the Michael Woo who uploaded the 2 half-hour videos on the M-100, but I didn't mention anything about the VERZA except for the release dates in the comments section.
I actually don't have a Twitter account; I'm trying to limit my "cyber footprint"...even Facebook use for me has been diminishing over the past year.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #13,054 of 23,366
Quote:
Well I'm the Michael Woo who uploaded the 2 half-hour videos on the M-100, but I didn't mention anything about the VERZA except for the release dates in the comments section.
I actually don't have a Twitter account; I'm trying to limit my "cyber footprint"...even Facebook use for me has been diminishing over the past year.

I don't have a smartphone, just a crappy low budget prepaid for emergencies and short "to the point" calls. As far as "social media", I've never had Facebook or Twitter and I never will. 

And I'm doing fine, so I think you'll be ok.

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #13,059 of 23,366
Quote:
You are one paranoid dude.

Lol. agreed. Regardless of crazy ex, potential employers, law enforcement agencies, or educational institutions... no one cares about some random dude's headphone hobby.

The only exception I can imagine is if you are currently undergoing a divorce or are skipping out on child support, those lawyers can really get on your case if they sniff out that you are "frivolously" blowing cash on expensive headphones.

Even back in the day before the internet, private investigators can find out everything they need to know about a person the old school way.

I wouldn't worry about it bro.

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #13,060 of 23,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 and commented by Speakerphile 

I am wondering if you currently have the M100s and if you personally found that you could wear the M100s for extended periods of time without discomfort. I don't think that anyone would disagree that the earcups are extremely shallow.

I do have them and the Momentums.  I do not experience discomfort.  The longest I wear them for is an hour and a half.  

I like your idea of a poll, but you do realize that the only people who would vote in your poll would be head-fi-ers currently following this thread or head-fi-ers very interested in the M100 comfort issue. So the sampling would be inherently biased, and I would be wary of reading too much into the results. For example, right now the poll says that 9 out of 12 people find the M100s uncomfortable, but I don't think you can say that the issue is settled and the majority of M100 users have comfort issues. It just shows that currently more people who are unsatisfied with the M100 comfort voted in your poll.

I think you are focusing on the wrong thing. I don't think it matters "how many people complained about this on Head-Fi" or exactly what is the ratio of M100 owners that experience this issue. I believe the majority of M100 owners probably do not write reviews about their purchases. The majority of M100 owners are also probably not head-fi members and most M100 owners probably do not follow the M100 thread. There are people who tried the M100 and returned it due to comfort issues. There are people who only wear their M100 for 30 minutes at a time. There are people who are choosing between Skull Candy, Beats, and V-Moda. There are people who have experienced comfort issues but decided that overall, the headphones are still worth it. I am sure the majority of M100 owners are satisfied with their headphones.

However, this complaint has cropped up not only on head-fi, but also in professional review websites and consumer-reviews. Don't you think that the fact that there is a vocal group complaining about this problem to V-Moda demonstrates that this is a significant problem that should be addressed?

I do understand the bias of the poll.  It is the same bias I pointed out when we were discussing this earlier.  It doesn't make the data worthless though, it just means that you can't take it at face value.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wooow , hold on ! You are the one who starts the poll and now when it does not turn out to your favour you say the poll is bias ?? OMG am I seeing this wrong or what ?!? By saying this we are beginning to think that you are the one who can't take things at face value. 62% as of now is voting uncomfortable or returned them or triend them before VS. the rest - I think the poll have proven itself enough and should be disregarded now.

Having that said,  I agree with moneyforme247 " I don't think it matters "how many people complained about this on Head-Fi" or exactly what is the ratio of M100 owners that experience this issue. I believe the majority of M100 owners probably do not write reviews about their purchases. The majority of M100 owners are also probably not head-fi members and most M100 owners probably do not follow the M100 thread. There are people who tried the M100 and returned it due to comfort issues."

The comfort issue is NOT to be ignored, period !!! 
  1. Will it effect potential buyers ? YES! ;
  2. Do they deserve to know comfort is a major issue ? HELL YEEAAAH !! ( from here on out if they still prefer to dump in 300 dollars for it or not, is entirely up to them)
  3. IS it our duty to defend and cover for V Moda ? As a consumer, I do not think so...... Unless there is the LOYAL SOLDIERS of V moda or have something to gain.  

Lastly , as I have mentioned before :" For those of you who do not have the comfort issue : GOOD FOR YOU !!!" let those who does rise it up; and ultimately it is still helping V moda to improve ! COM'on guys STOP MOCKING EACH ANOTHER Look at the bigger picture we are here to help on making it a better headphone experience.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #13,061 of 23,366
Lol. agreed. Regardless of crazy ex, potential employers, law enforcement agencies, or educational institutions... no one cares about some random dude's headphone hobby.

The only exception I can imagine is if you are currently undergoing a divorce or are skipping out on child support, those lawyers can really get on your case if they sniff out that you are "frivolously" blowing cash on expensive headphones.

Even back in the day before the internet, private investigators can find out everything they need to know about a person the old school way.

I disagree. I would be paranoid these days, type personel can hack you easily with the information they gather! Then sell it to marketers ! I had a samsung galaxy III that had this problem. Downloaded very few apps but still got spammed text to my email phone and my contacts around me I talked with had same problem! This is why privacy is important and should be more than aware about it! Everyones out to get you boo boo!

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #13,062 of 23,366
I think we are getting off topic here, and in actuality I am most likely be the person have the most to worry about due to my job and background.  Let's just say that if you are not doing anything wrong or illegal, no one is going to care what you do.  If you got tagged then just drop phones, go dark, and change your MO.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #13,063 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

I disagree. I would be paranoid these days, type personel can hack you easily with the information they gather! Then sell it to marketers ! I had a samsung galaxy III that had this problem. Downloaded very few apps but still got spammed text to my email phone and my contacts around me I talked with had same problem! This is why privacy is important and should be more than aware about it! Everyones out to get you boo boo!

I received this notification through my e-mail in December.....yay Facebook. And yes this was a legitimate claim, not just spam I received.

NOTICE OF PENDING CLASS ACTION AND NOTICE OF PROPOSED SETTLEMENT
ANGEL FRALEY V. FACEBOOK, INC.
You are receiving this e-mail because you may have been featured in a "Sponsored Story" on Facebook prior to December 3, 2012.
A federal court authorized this Notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
Why did I get this notice? This Notice relates to a proposed settlement ("Settlement") of a class action lawsuit ("Action") filed against Facebook relating to a particular Facebook feature called "Sponsored Stories." According to available records, you may be a "Class Member."
What is the Action about? The Action claims that Facebook unlawfully used the names, profile pictures, photographs, likenesses, and identities of Facebook users in the United States to advertise or sell products and services through Sponsored Stories without obtaining those users' consent. Facebook denies any wrongdoing and any liability whatsoever. No court or other entity has made any judgment or other determination of any liability.
What is a Sponsored Story? Sponsored Stories are a form of advertising that typically contains posts which appeared on facebook.com about or from a Facebook user or entity that a business, organization, or individual has paid to promote so there is a better chance that the posts will be seen by the user or entity's chosen audience. Sponsored Stories may be displayed, for example, when a Facebook user interacts with the Facebook service (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, plug-ins, platform applications or games, and mobile applications) in certain ways, such as by clicking on the Facebook "Like" button on a business's, organization's, or individual's Facebook page. Sponsored Stories typically include a display of a Facebook user's Facebook name (i.e., the name the user has associated with his or her Facebook account) and/or profile picture (if the user has uploaded one) with a statement describing the user's interaction with the Facebook service, such as "John Smith likes UNICEF," "John Smith played Farmville," or "John Smith shared a link."
What relief does the Settlement provide? Facebook will pay $20 million into a fund that can be used, in part, to pay claims of Class Members (including Minor Class Members) who appeared in a Sponsored Story. Each participating Class Member who submits a valid and timely claim form may be eligible to receive up to $10. The amount, if any, paid to each claimant depends upon the number of claims made and other factors detailed in the Settlement. No one knows in advance how much each claimant will receive, or whether any money will be paid directly to claimants. If the number of claims made renders it economically infeasible to pay money to persons who make a timely and valid claim, payment will be made to the not-for-profit organizations identified on the Settlement website at www.fraleyfacebooksettlement.com (if clicking on the link does not work, copy and paste the website address into a web browser). These organizations are involved in educational outreach that teaches adults and children how to use social media technologies safely, or are involved in research of social media, with a focus on critical thinking around advertising and commercialization, and particularly with protecting the interests of children.
In addition to monetary relief, Facebook will (a) revise its terms of service (known as the "Statement of Rights and Responsibilities" or "SRR") to more fully explain the instances in which users agree to the display of their names and profile pictures in connection with Sponsored Stories; (b) create an easily accessible mechanism that enables users to view, on a going-forward basis, the subset of their interactions and other content on Facebook that have been displayed in Sponsored Stories (if any); (c) develop settings that will allow users to prevent particular items or categories of content or information related to them from being displayed in future Sponsored Stories; (d) revise its SRR to confirm that minors represent that their parent or legal guardian consents to the use of the minor's name and profile picture in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content; (e) provide parents and legal guardians with additional information about how advertising works on Facebook in its Family Safety Center and provide parents and legal guardians with additional tools to control whether their children's names and profile pictures are displayed in connection with Sponsored Stories; and (f) add a control in minor users' profiles that enables each minor user to indicate that his or her parents are not Facebook users and, where a minor user indicates that his or her parents are not on Facebook, Facebook will make the minor ineligible to appear in Sponsored Stories until he or she reaches the age of 18, until the minor changes his or her setting to indicate that his or her parents are on Facebook, or until a confirmed parental relationship with the minor user is established.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT
SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM This is the only way to be eligible to receive a payment, if the Court orders payment to Class Members. Deadline: May 2, 2013
EXCLUDE YOURSELF This is the only option that allows you to retain the ability to file your own lawsuit about the legal claims in this case. Deadline: May 2, 2013
OBJECT Write to the Court about why you object to (i.e., don't like) the Settlement and think it shouldn't be approved. Deadline: May 2, 2013
GO TO THE "FAIRNESS HEARING" The Court will hold a "Fairness Hearing" to consider the Settlement, the request for attorneys' fees and expenses of the lawyers who brought the Action ("Class Counsel"), and the class representatives' request for service awards for bringing the Action.

You may, but are not required to, speak at the Fairness Hearing about any Objection you filed. If you intend to speak at the Fairness Hearing, you must follow the procedures stated on the Settlement website to notify the Court and parties of your intent when you serve your Objection.
Hearing Date: June 28, 2013 at 10:00 a.m.
DO NOTHING You will not receive a payment, even if the Court orders payment to Class Members. You will also be giving up your right to bring your own lawsuit related to the claims in the Action. You may be eligible to receive the non-monetary benefits of the Settlement, if the Settlement is finally approved. No deadline
Your Class Member Number: OVER 9000!!!!!

I did some more comparisons between the C5 and the O2. In terms of synergy, I think the O2 would be a better pick with the M-100 because the soundstage is really spacious with the O2 compared to the more closed-in sounding C5; instruments are also more separated with this slight addition of space too. C5's L/R placement of instruments in my head seem closer towards the center than the O2. Maybe closer isn't the right word and it's confusing to you guys. Instruments with the C5 seem more diagonally placed from my head (narrower), where as the O2 seems more horizontally placed from my head (wider). O2 has better "synergy" with the M-100 in this sense, opposite of the K 701, since the M-100's soundstage always seemed fairly cramped in width to me.

On the other hand, if you're looking to use the M-100 in road warrior conditions, the C5 is much more portable and pocket-friendly. I personally use the C5 and M-100 whenever I go out of my house for mobile use.

From my tests, having a line-out connection with an iDevice makes somewhat of a difference. Through double amping, I found the sound to have more or less the same sound as from straight out of the iPhone 4S's headphone jack; I couldn't really pick up a difference between the two. Using a FiiO L3 on the other hand, the difference was more noticeable. With the line-out connection, instruments seemed more crisp and better-defined, the instruments were also placed more spaciously apart in my head with better L/R imaging than through double amping or the iPhone's headphone-out connection, and the bass became a bit tighter and better controlled and defined.

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #13,064 of 23,366
V-MODA UTILITARIANISM ETHICS OF ERGONOMICS - "THE FIT IS THE SOUND."  THE GREATEST SOUND FOR GREATEST AMOUNT OF PEOPLE... 
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism

Remember, the masses have voted our comfort among the top and have RARELY complained about fit, comfort, sound, stability or style - they ALL correlate. LP2/M-100 have evolved slightly and the MP from the VTF-MP was improved slightly with the steelflex being less "hard" out of the box.  

In fact...

M-100 is #1 REVIEWED HEADPHONE on Amazon of 33k headphones already, 8 of top 15 customer-reviewed headphones are V-MODA Crossfade series (comfort RARELY is a complaint)
M-100 has a 4.8 average user rating with 100+ reviews on Amazon (and none are fake I can guarantee that!).  Audio-Technica M-50 is next with 4.7, Bose "quietcomfort" is around 4.4.  The LP2 and LP are up there too in top 15 and if you read the THOUSANDS of these real reviews, very rarely does comfort come up as an issue on LP/LP2.  PS - I did find a few FAKE bad reviews from competitors on Crossfade LP, tsk tsk and I know who they are. also there are fake LPs so this hurts us too.

SOUND/COMFORT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR LONG LISTENING, BUT REMEMBER TO TAKE BREAKS FROM LISTENING.  Hearing loss is correlated to length of time, remember!!!

TOP REVIEWED HEADPHONES ON AMAZON
(note they sort by more than just the actual review score in their algorithm, I think popularity is part of it but I don't know)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=headphones&qid=1364185006&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Aheadphones&sort=reviewrank_authority

I have read nearly EVERY review of THOUSANDS including in-ears (even our fakes), reply to many to help them and have talked to thousands of users to improve constantly for over 9 years. If you look at those BIG ear-pads, my oh my would our headphones look ugly and non-conforming to the shape of the head for most people.  MOST IMPORTANTLY - If the cushion was too big for most consumers, it'd cause worse sound for others.  Trust me I tried it all with hundreds of cushions! We first develop to get highest overall satisfaction, then I'll make editions and accessories for the "modders" like us when I can or you can do yourself and I'll learn your preferences for an official accessory.  

TAILORED to "MIND THE GAP"
We aim to "mind the gap" as they say in the subways in UK and it is VERY tough. Why was Tom Cruise wearing V-MODA on the billboards, the pads just look good and conform to the shape of most people's heads, bone structure and ears and it doesn't have an unsightly gap you can fit your fist through like "NECK WEARING headphone designs". This is why I can't understand headphones that come out in less than 6 months created by "marketing plans".

XL CUSHION STATUS
I STRONGLY feel I nailed the size that is best for the masses stock that also works REALLY well for active users such as commuters, DJs and even runners - also more people should try to adjust the headband if it is too tight.  However, for those who want alternative ear cushions in larger sizes - we are nearly done and WILL have it soon.

I have the new prototypes at my LA office Wednesday.  

FREE XL CUSHIONS
The program will be buy a pair of Faders VIP to prevent hearing loss and spread the word that hearing loss is a HUGE epidemic that will kill the future hearing. Send proof you own a M-100 with the serial # and I'll give you to them for free.  

FAMILY BUSINESS
Thanks for your help in supporting this family owned company, we truly care about EACH user's experience and want you to be a part of the V-MODA family as well for life. Help spread the word of V-MODA so I can release more products (in-ear and something totally different). We put our $ where are materials is, so our marketing is your word of mouth! 

-VAL 

BREVITY WARNING
I type these things fast, so excuse mistakes in grammar etc, I am just trying to be active so I can't be perfect here, I have to save that perfectionism time for the PRODUCTS!

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #13,065 of 23,366
Another great update from Val and thanks for all your hard work.  However, since the early M-100 was bundled with the Faders already, does it mean they can get yet ANOTHER pair of Faders?  Please make sure you let your support aware of this, as I emailed them about the VERZA upgrade discount and they had no idea (and I am still waiting for my refund).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back