V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #12,812 of 23,366
Quote:
Tool does sound exceptional on M-100s. It's that driven bass guitar and the ever energetic drums; very well mastered, and the M-100s showcase it rather well. Maynards vocals are a liiiittttle distant, but the vocals aren't mixed in very upfront to begin with.

I really liked The Pot and 46 And 2 on the M-100s. If you dig Tool on M-100s, Pelican, Isis, and Mastodon are some other great bands on the M-100s. These bands kinda vary in style, but fans of Tool will find Isis easy to get into.

Bro...I really liked Pelican and Isis. Mastodon was ok, but a little to heavy? for my taste. Thanks again.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #12,813 of 23,366
The only thing holding me back from getting the white ones is how easily dirty the headband and case will get...

The headband doesn't dirty easily, but the case does. I put my case inside a plastic bag before I throw it into my backpack. Weirdly, the white case doesn't get grey when it gets dirty. It turns a bright green color when it gets rubbed or dropped.

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #12,815 of 23,366
Quote:
Is it easy to clean the headband/case when it gets dirty?

The headband seems easy enough. The material is similar to that of a woman's fancy shoe and soap and water should be fine. The case is made of this rubbery material and appears slightly porous so it's easier to stain. Soap and water clean away most of the smudges, but deeper stains don't come out. I'm having trouble finding a material to compare it to. The closest I can come up with is tightly-packed foam rubber like the kind used on racquetballs. The M-100 case is a like a giant, hollow, unbouncing, zippered racquetball.

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #12,817 of 23,366
Quote:

Think this photo's sold me on white when I get a pair of M100s, at least if white pads are offered.

Am I the only one turned off from white V-Modas because of the dark gray pads (and stripe on the band)? If the stripe was silver (like the V-Moda plate) and with white pads.. 
tongue_smile.gif

lol thanks.  But like mentioned before, the gray pads are not that dark compare to some of the pictures.  And since every M-100 comes packaged with a plastic bag for the case, you can just use it to keep yours clean.  Marks on the white case are easy to clean off with a standard pencil eraser.

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #12,818 of 23,366
Ahhhhhhhh im getting my vmodas in 2 weeks everyday I will track! I upgraded from weak ath m-50s. In no way I will add another equipment amp to my mobility! Lets hope these vmodas are a keeper ! Im so hyped and excited straight research with free time to make my mind up! I want the theatre soundstage so ima do one of those mods! I love the word mod btw !! Cant wait!! Was going to buy solos and mod it but I wanna rep m-100s!

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #12,819 of 23,366
Quote:
Ahhhhhhhh im getting my vmodas in 2 weeks everyday I will track! I upgraded from weak ath m-50s. In no way I will add another equipment amp to my mobility! Lets hope these vmodas are a keeper ! Im so hyped and excited straight research with free time to make my mind up! I want the theatre soundstage so ima do one of those mods! I love the word mod btw !! Cant wait!! Was going to buy solos and mod it but I wanna rep m-100s!

I wouldn't say the sound stage is movie theater-like but it's not bad for a closed headphone.

Speaking of theaters though, during a study session at school yesterday, my friend randomly grabbed my portable rig (iPhone 4 -> FiiO L3 -> JDS Labs C5 -> M-100) and started listening to his music via YouTube. I had the bass boost on since I was previously using the rig on the bus.
Long story short, my friend suddenly exclaimed "HOLY C$#@ it sounds like I'm in a movie theater!". I then turned the bass boost off and he exclaimed "wow, this actually sounds pretty good".

So I guess I'm not the only person who thinks of the bass boost as "movie theater bass-boost". :D

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #12,820 of 23,366
I wouldn't say the sound stage is movie theater-like but it's not bad for a closed headphone.

Speaking of theaters though, during a study session at school yesterday, my friend randomly grabbed my portable rig (iPhone 4 -> FiiO L3 -> JDS Labs C5 -> M-100) and started listening to his music via YouTube. I had the bass boost on since I was previously using the rig on the bus.
Long story short, my friend suddenly exclaimed "HOLY C$#@ it sounds like I'm in a movie theater!". I then turned the bass boost off and he exclaimed "wow, this actually sounds pretty good".

So I guess I'm not the only person who thinks of the bass boost as "movie theater bass-boost". :D

Loooooooooool, iono man but when i hear stage sound i think theatre like but thats pretty cool! Im rocking a lightning to 30 pin adp. On my 5 and the fiio volume control for amp but it aint do me good with the m-50s.

Btw why didnt you get Objective2 instead of c-5?

Is because the c-5 is portable with battery? Id love to have the ob2 and odac to my home theatre soon!

Btw whats the next upgrade headphone that has the portability and flexibility and durability from the m-100s?

Another note for anyone with iphone 5 looking to go thru the filtered dac with the wolfson lightning to 30pin adapt, it disables volume control from the headphone cord. Only way to decrease or increase would be with the amplifier volume control like the fiio that i have or those 4 few on amazon.

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #12,821 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

So I guess I'm not the only person who thinks of the bass boost as "movie theater bass-boost".
biggrin.gif

Loooooooooool, iono man but when i hear stage sound i think theatre like but thats pretty cool! Im rocking a lightning to 30 pin adp. On my 5 and the fiio volume control for amp but it aint do me good with the m-50s.

Btw why didnt you get Objective2 instead of c-5?

Is because the c-5 is portable with battery? Id love to have the ob2 and odac to my home theatre soon!

Btw whats the next upgrade headphone that has the portability and flexibility and durability from the m-100s?

If you look at my signature, I do indeed have the O2 and it pairs quite well with the M-100 (really opens-up the soundstage).
I purchased the C5 since:
  • It's significantly more portable than the O2 and the toggles/volume control are much easier to access
  • I bought it expecting to sound similar to the O2, and it does (not as large of a soundstage, slightly more forward mids, slightly brighter sound)
  • The volume control has practically no channel imbalance (difference between the L/R channels) at low volume levels, whereas the O2 does, so it's helpful for low-volume listeners such as myself
  • It has a bass boost feature which I thought would come in handy for noisier environments and it might sound good with the K 701's I use at home
  • The digital potentiometer/volume control is adjustable through an external program, so it's a cool D.I.Y. mod, and it will help me somewhat for an extracurricular school project (the programming aspect that is :wink: )
  • You can get a free custom laser engraving on the C5, so I thought it would be cool to match a custom-engraved amp with the M-100's custom-engraved shields :D

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #12,822 of 23,366
[*] The volume control has practically no channel imbalance (difference between the L/R channels) at low volume levels, whereas the O2 does, so it's helpful for low-volume listeners such as myself

[/LIST]

Nice that number two is what ive trying to explain with the m-50s i have to turn it up to make it sound alright which hurts my ears. Hopefully these are comfortable during long uses and well i might be thinking of c-5 now. But i am on mobile disabled everything from sigs and ava. Ahha but dam youre packed! Gotta save my money for a retina mbp quad when jt comes out then ill buy the odac and c5. C-5 first of course.

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #12,823 of 23,366
Here is an idea I wish V-MODA will take up on: offer independent custom colors and logos for the left and right shields.  I think this will get a lot more interesting colors and logos combo options for people.

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #12,824 of 23,366
Quote:
Here is an idea I wish V-MODA will take up on: offer independent custom colors and logos for the left and right shields.  I think this will get a lot more interesting colors and logos combo options for people.

Hey that would actually be pretty cool. I have 1 of my custom shields installed so I have 2 colours of shields.
I've seen some people with a different logo on the same colour and those are always intriguing to see; people have some really good artistic skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back