V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #12,841 of 23,366
Please make cases for the iPhone 4/4S and the iPod Touch 5th Gen... but either way I am ordering one right now.

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #12,842 of 23,366
Quote:
What about

vamp vs O2 amp

which one does better in benchmarking ?

And its also a built in dac ? If so vs odac? Would it be as good? Why or why not? Some graphs and benchmarking please! I know its just released trying not to ask for so much and trying to keep things very portable!

And thats awesome no lightning to 30 pin connector adapter! Love the look on it and i agree it does look sexy!!!

V-MODA lists that they use Burr Brown DAC's, with the model unlisted. The ODAC uses a ESS Sabre ES9023, which is highly regarded around here and is used in the tiny UD100 DAC.

For the amps, they're unspecified as well, but they list the distortion as < 0.05% at 50 mW. The highest THD+N measurement for the O2 is [size=x-small]0.010%, and it [size=x-small]goes lower[size=x-small] from there.[/size][/size][/size]

Output power of the O2 trumps the VAMP ([size=x-small]613 mW [size=x-small]@ 33 [size=x-small]Ω) [/size][/size][/size]and offers about the same battery life (~7 hours).

I'm guessing the O2 beats the VAMP in benchmarking tests.

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #12,844 of 23,366
Someone should start a Verza thread.  Here are two quick initial thoughts:

Cheers:  Metallo- an incredibly unique and innovative alternative solution to rubber bands, customizable and compatible with new and upcoming phones with stellar looks.

Jeers: Underpowered.

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #12,845 of 23,366
Quote:
Someone should start a Verza thread.  Here are two quick initial thoughts:

Cheers:  Metallo- an incredibly unique and innovative alternative solution to rubber bands, customizable and compatible with new and upcoming phones with stellar looks.

Jeers: Underpowered.

I know it's not the point you are trying to make, but there is a thread already.
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/655315/v-moda-vamp-verza-metallo-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-crowdsourcing-ideas/15#post_9255733

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #12,847 of 23,366
I have heard about their being an issue with the European S3's (i.e mine in the UK), and the digital audio output NOT WORKING on the latest Jelly Bean update.
Its a fault that has not yet been corrected.

Can anyone confirm this as not being true?

I first became aware of the issue when researching a car dock, that used a digital line out to connect to an AUX line in of a car, and the product failed to work after the updates to Jelly Bean.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #12,848 of 23,366
I have heard about their being an issue with the European S3's (i.e mine in the UK), and the digital audio output NOT WORKING on the latest Jelly Bean update.
Its a fault that has not yet been corrected.

Can anyone confirm this as not being true?

I first became aware of the issue when researching a car dock, that used a digital line out to connect to an AUX line in of a car, and the product failed to work after the updates to Jelly Bean.

Does the standard multiple headphones work on your s3? If not then its the device (s3). If not then its your car. Try another music source to your cars aux input and see if that works. S3 has antenna issues too, has a recall. Altho I would get something less generic. Pardonme if im rude.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #12,849 of 23,366
Quote:
Does the standard multiple headphones work on your s3? If not then its the device (s3). If not then its your car. Try another music source to your cars aux input and see if that works. S3 has antenna issues too, has a recall. Altho I would get something less generic. Pardonme if im rude.

No, this is taken from this source:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/635949-ibolt-dock-doesnt-work-since-jellybean.html

The iBolt car dock uses a digital output to get audio out, and it no longer works on UK S3's.

I haven't tried personally, but I have a UK S3 so I'm guessing not.

Its a Jelly Bean issue.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #12,850 of 23,366
hey Val, i have a quick question. The design of the CoilPro, would it be able to lock into the headphones like the little rubber nubs that come with the head phones which locks into the groove? If that was the purpose of the design of it as well?  just cause you know how rowdy it can get when you're jamming up and down. Was just wondering. Thanks!

And of course!

(NSFW)
LOL
ph34r.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #12,851 of 23,366
I feel bad for both of them.

One bought awful headphones that got stolen from him.... And the other now owns a pair of awful headphones.

Still, This is something that worries me, having a 'loose' headphone that can just be grabbed and ran away with. I think of this often actually. My friend's Shure cans lock in at the headphone.... So the only things I'm really missing on the M-100s is the 'lockable' headphone end of the cable, to make it a little more thief proof, and swiveling cups. Minor gripes. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #12,852 of 23,366
Quote:
I feel bad for both of them.

One bought awful headphones that got stolen from him.... And the other now owns a pair of awful headphones.

Still, This is something that worries me, having a 'loose' headphone that can just be grabbed and ran away with. I think of this often actually. My friend's Shure cans lock in at the headphone.... So the only things I'm really missing on the M-100s is the 'lockable' headphone end of the cable, to make it a little more thief proof, and swiveling cups. Minor gripes. 

Wat. You must be psychic or something.
I was walking around campus an hour ago, in the dark, and I was thinking to myself: "hm...if someone were to suddenly pop out of nowhere and grab my headphones, the cable would break free, they would have my headphones, and I would be left with the cable". >.>

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #12,853 of 23,366
Quote:
hey Val, i have a quick question. The design of the CoilPro, would it be able to lock into the headphones like the little rubber nubs that come with the head phones which locks into the groove? If that was the purpose of the design of it as well?  just cause you know how rowdy it can get when you're jamming up and down. Was just wondering. Thanks!

Know what? That's never occurred to me, how badly I could use the CoilPro cable. I wonder if it'll be coiled kevlar? And the locking mechanism would be nice, for the same reasons. Rocking out to dnb on stage get intense. 

I'll be rocking my M-100s at the deck next week actually. I use the black SharePlay cable for gigs at the moment - At home it's most useful for when my buddy go back to back, but otherwise it's too long for general use. CoilPro would be a nice replacement.

Quote:
Wat. You must be psychic or something.
I was walking around campus an hour ago, in the dark, and I was thinking to myself: "hm...if someone were to suddenly pop out of nowhere and grab my headphones, the cable would break free, they would have my headphones, and I would be left with the cable". >.>

Yep. I might try to DIY something onto the hp end of the cable to lock it in. I have NO idea what yet though. 

I'll just use my MacGuyver Engineer's degree (imaginary) to fandangle something up... I'm thinking a twist tie might work, or rubber cement a doohickey onto it. 

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the LP/2 and M-80 also have removable (on one side only) cables, which don't have a V-Cork, right? So the V-Moda cables would have to fit all models; which is likely why the M-100's don't have a lockable cable, and probably why they CoilPro might not have it either. 
I don't know what the female end of the LP.2 and M-80 looks like, but I'm betting its a little different from the M-100 considering the M-100s were designed to have a V-Cork locked in. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #12,854 of 23,366
I dont know that a cable lock would save your HPs either if someone snatched them as abruptly as that.

I'm keen to learn more or see a cheeky photo of the coilpro however. Most of my HP listening is at a fixed console so I'm a big fan of coiled cords.

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #12,855 of 23,366
Oh and while I still love these HPs I noticed something last weekend that makes me think they're not great as a DJ HP. I played at a party where the rig was really loud where the DJ was setup and found that their open'ish design didn't give me enough isolation in my cue ear to drown out the room mix. I ended having to crank the cue volume to ear splitting levels in order to mix. It was enough for me to mourn for my old (stolen) HD-25s.

Anyone else notice this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back