V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #12,691 of 23,366
loving the almost daily updates from mr. ceo himself,

p.s. i dont think its the headphone colours, but its probably that orange cord that is catching the eye! from the matte black

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #12,692 of 23,366
My theory for why the matte black sold more heavily in the pre-orders is that many of the early adopters already owned or were very familiar with the shadow M80, and were therefore picking a 'new' colour scheme.  More recent purchasers who are new to V-MODA won't have this bias and might be more attracted to shadow.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #12,694 of 23,366
damn i wanna thank the ppl @ V-MODA, cause i received my headphones(ultra fast) this morning, only took 8 business days, faster than what i expected!!, would of slept earlier if i knew it was coming this early =D. anyways gonna go open it now ^_^

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #12,695 of 23,366
Quote:
I have really been wanting to get the m100 for a while now but as a high school student with no job the price is pretty high. Now I have found the UE6000 for $200 and I just have to ask are the m100 really worth the extra hundred dollars?

Some people have actually said they prefer the UE6000 sound to the M-100 sound if that helps your decision in any way. This is with noise-cancellation off, however. Most Apple Stores have the UE6000 to demo, but the demo units are noise-cancellation only, so it's not a true impression of how the UE6000 actually sounds. Some of the people here think the passive mode is supposed to be very similar, and in some areas stronger, than the M-100.

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #12,696 of 23,366
ok, so just installin the shields took one hour. I dont know if its the allen key that was provided, or mayb i havent ate yet and i str. or mayb im too excited and im all shakey. but that was very very difficult for me, even with my small asian hands. so i cant imagine people with bigger hands holdin that key. For sure that was a harder project than building something from ikea. But all said and done it was totally worth it. but dont tell dad, i put a few scratches on it already.

Some suggestion / Tips.

I'm not sure if it is possible to put that plastic flim that you get from the headphone's original shield. and stick that to the custom ones. That way when we are installing them we wont panic as much.
OR 
which is a tip, and i just thought about right now, pull it off from the original one and stick it to ur custom one and then apply, not sure if its going to stick, did not try.

but yeah that allen key scratches it pretty easily so be careful people.

The Video on the website did not really do justice for me, not sure for other people.
What I found useful was laying the cup on a table and it will clamp to the side of ur table. I found that it was much easier putting on my second shield than the first go.

(yes i used a chair/laptop as a  table)

But remember patience patience patience, dont rush it or it will be a bad job! 

Mar 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #12,697 of 23,366
I love these headphones, the sound is great, but then I found out that the earcups were removable. I took out one earcup, then the other, from the sockets. But, when I put them back in their place, I found that they now felt flimsy, and would move very easily. This caused problems, as now the clamping force is looser than it was before, and slip back and forth on my head when I nod it. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but it is now making it undesirable to listen to them. I think I might have to sell it and get new ones, which I don't want to do. Moral of the story: don't try popping the earcups out.

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #12,699 of 23,366
Quote:
Being able to remove them and actually doing it are two separate things.  Clearly they aren't meant to be removed and now you've taught the forum a $300 lesson.

Unfortunately true. Also, please clearly advertise what you've done to them (and price accordingly) if you decide to sell your now wonky ones off, 9Nein9...

EDIT: Another thought -- As opposed to selling these at a significant loss and then having to re-buy them, you might be better off taking advantage of the Immortal Life Program and simply exchanging them with V-MODA for a new pair at half price.

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #12,700 of 23,366
Quote:

Unfortunately true. Also, please clearly advertise what you've done to them (and price accordingly) if you decide to sell your now wonky ones off, 9Nein9...

EDIT: Another thought -- As opposed to selling these at a significant loss and then having to re-buy them, you might be better off taking advantage of the Immortal Life Program and simply exchanging them with V-MODA for a new pair at half price.

I'm not exactly sure that the Immortal Life program will cover this... it's not as if it is broken, I'm just a bit annoyed :p

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #12,701 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm not exactly sure that the Immortal Life program will cover this... it's not as if it is broken, I'm just a bit annoyed :p

Knowing V-MODA and their customer service reputation, I'm willing to bet they'd allow the Immortal Life Program to cover accidents in judgement, too.
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #12,704 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

Being able to remove them and actually doing it are two separate things.  Clearly they aren't meant to be removed and now you've taught the forum a $300 lesson.

You guys are making sound like it's impossible to reassemble; it really isn't.
@9Nein9, two things come to mind if the cups feel loose:
1) the forks are bent/stretched, and need to be realigned
2) the cup hinges are loose

If you popped the cups off by pulling on a fork(not the best way, really), you'll need to bend the fork back so the cup sits tight on the hinges. Simply disassemble one of the hinges(to pop off the cup) and eyeball the amount of bend you'll need, so the cup sits tight after assembly. When reassembling, make sure you are pinching only the hinges as you tighten them(that way they are sitting closest to the cup).
I've taken my friend's LP's, and my M-80's apart without any issue

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #12,705 of 23,366
I love these headphones, the sound is great, but then I found out that the earcups were removable. I took out one earcup, then the other, from the sockets. But, when I put them back in their place, I found that they now felt flimsy, and would move very easily. This caused problems, as now the clamping force is looser than it was before, and slip back and forth on my head when I nod it. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but it is now making it undesirable to listen to them. I think I might have to sell it and get new ones, which I don't want to do. Moral of the story: don't try popping the earcups out.

Really? That's strange. I've pulled out the earcups a few times since mine are a bit squeaky and I haven't had any of the issues you listed. :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back