V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #12,721 of 23,366
No that link was for the right track but I didn't get to preview it before posting cuz I was at work and soundcloud is blocked, the intro I'm talking about is missing from that clip, but i believe its on spotify

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #12,722 of 23,366
I have a question... I saw sometime ago one guy that modded the LP/LP2 pads to velour, and I have trying to find some info about that without success. Is that possible? I think I recall they were covers?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind... I think I found it... ¬¬

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #12,723 of 23,366
Quote:
No that link was for the right track but I didn't get to preview it before posting cuz I was at work and soundcloud is blocked, the intro I'm talking about is missing from that clip, but i believe its on spotify

Oooooooh I see now!
The SoundCloud link is only 50 seconds of the song, so I really confused when you mentioned the sirens and tractor at the beginning of the song. Yes, the depth perception is pretty good with the M-100's. The K 701's have less depth but the sounds from left and right sound more spacious and realistic. When I first heard the beginning of the track with the K 701's, I thought it was my mom watching Wheel of Fortune in the background (coincidentally the television is in the same direction too).

Quote:
After testing with that track and with my music for a while, it started to sound less like the music was behind me, and just kind of to the side of me. My ears may interpret the headphones as sounding behind because I'm so used to having surround sound in my car, where I listen to music 45-90 minutes a day. I've had the M-100 for almost two months now, but I am just off of two days without using them so perhaps my ears were unaccustomed to the sound of my M-100 after a short hiatus.

Anyways can you give some opinions On the M-100 and the C5 miceblue?

The M-100's sound great out of the C5! The C5 has a similar sound to the O2, so the soundstage is pretty spacious for the M-100 and the midrange is actually a bit more forward than with the O2. The bass boost switch is pretty handy when mobile listening with more background noise. Also, there is no channel imbalance with low volume levels, so it's great for low-volume users, as opposed to the O2's channel imbalance at low levels.

While not at home, I usually use iPhone 4S (256 kbps V0 MP3) -> FiiO L3 -> C5 (high gain and bass boost while mobile listening in very noisy environments, high gain no bass boost while mobile listening in less noisy environments, low gain no bass boost in quiet areas)

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #12,724 of 23,366
Yeah! I just got home and found the youtube link, and was JUST about to post it, you beat me to it :wink:

Also, miceblue, could you describe the sub bass with the C5/M-100 combo on that track, with/without the bass boost on? I have another track to test for sub bass texture/extension.... give me a minute

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #12,725 of 23,366
Sub bass test track number two. The Amoss Remix is a better track all around, but the original has some serious bass pressure. 

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #12,726 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah! I just got home and found the youtube link, and was JUST about to post it, you beat me to it :wink:

Also, miceblue, could you describe the sub bass with the C5/M-100 combo on that track, with/without the bass boost on? I have another track to test for sub bass texture/extension.... give me a minute

The bass region of that song is around 45 Hz and the C5's center bass boost is at 80 Hz, so it sounds pretty fantastic to me. The main 'high-hats' of the song can get quite fatiguing and kind of drowns out the lowest bass notes. Turning on the bass boost makes the bass notes more on-par with those loud 'hits' and gives the kind of reverberation/rumble sound one would hear in a movie theater, at least to me. Sounds pretty good to me even though I'm not a fan of the 'high-hats'. With the bass boost on or off, the song sounds really good and spacious for the M-100. The synthesiser sounds are a bit more up-front than with the O2, but just a tad bit, and the O2's soundstage sounds a bit larger next to the C5.

^ awesome rumble right there when the bass starts to kick-in with the bass boost!

^ bass gets more balanced with the high treble energy when the bass boost is on

Quote:
Sub bass test track number two. The Amoss Remix is a better track all around, but the original has some serious bass pressure. 

With the bass boost on, you get some pretty low lows there, hahahaha. With the bass boost off, you pretty much miss out on the lowest of notes; they're audible, but they're really quiet and the "wobbly" bass is more in the background. With the bass boost on, you realise how much of the rumble you lose with it off. XD

Mar 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #12,728 of 23,366
Quote:
Just received my m100's, Man they are small, I was expecting them to be huge when I watch all the videos etc. How long should I let these headphones to burn? Is there any preferred method?

I found burn-in to make little to no difference for the M-100's, but pink-noise or just playing your regular 'ol tunes should be fine. Usually people let them burn-in for a good 24-48 hours.

Mar 8, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #12,729 of 23,366
Thanks I will try that out! I am really enjoying the m100's, it just a beautiful headphone plus sounds amazing! I noticed it sound not as clear but very close to the m50, is it my ears or just a burn would fix that. But the m100 is more detailed and of course the low end is much more better and also way better midrange and highs are just right. ( I prefer the rolled off highs)

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #12,730 of 23,366
With the bass boost on, you get some pretty low lows there, hahahaha. With the bass boost off, you pretty much miss out on the lowest of notes; they're audible, but they're really quiet and the "wobbly" bass is more in the background. With the bass boost on, you realise how much of the rumble you lose with it off. XD

size]

See how much fun bass can be!? I remember you mocking me for wanting to try the ZO with the M-100s haha. All good though, just fun to see you enjoying bass boost on bass boosted headphones as much as any basshead 
size]

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #12,731 of 23,366
Quote:
With the bass boost on, you get some pretty low lows there, hahahaha. With the bass boost off, you pretty much miss out on the lowest of notes; they're audible, but they're really quiet and the "wobbly" bass is more in the background. With the bass boost on, you realise how much of the rumble you lose with it off. XD

size]

See how much fun bass can be!? I remember you mocking me for wanting to try the ZO with the M-100s haha. All good though, just fun to see you enjoying bass boost on bass boosted headphones as much as any basshead 
size]

Mhmm, true true. I see for electronic music, having more sub-bass can be better (from the equal loudness contours, sub-bass requires the most volume boost of any frequency, unless you count the asymptote for 20 kHz), but for the majority of the music I listen to, more bass wouldn't really be beneficial with the M-100's.

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #12,732 of 23,366
Very true. I take bass boost off for classic rock, but a lot of the metal I listen to is very bass oriented and having bass boost on is nice to get the bass guitar detail more forward than the bass drum and even a lot of the d-tuned guitar notes. I've yet to listen to Primus or anything like that on M-100s but I imagine boosting the bass might make Les Claypool's bass guitar thud pretty intensely. 

As much as I love the BH, and how much the switches makes some voodoo magic happen, the C5 is just something that's been poking me in the side. They're two entirely different amps I'm betting; the BH's switches are pretty colourful to say the least. So I think having a C5 will be nice to come back down to earth with.

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #12,733 of 23,366
Quote:
I got the m-100 yesterday at the mail (200$ for a few times of use), and... wow! The sound clarity is amazing, excessively bassy IMO but easily eq-able, and heavier than I expected.I'm loving them!

The only thing with them is my ears touching the interior of the cups so much, as already reported.I'll be trying the LP pads as soon as possible as these are by far my less comfortable headphones.Otherwise, they are awesome!

A little bit worried about those cracks that people is reporting thought...

If you bought a pair of used ones, I think that you might not be able to take advantage of the 2-year warranty, so be careful with them. V-Moda said that they are releasing XL earpads soon, so I would just wait for those rather than use the LP ear cushions. The LP ear cushions are slightly stiffer, but the new XL earpads will be at the same price and will (most likely) offer a much more dramatic change in comfort.

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #12,734 of 23,366
Quote:
Hi everyone, long time lurker first time poster here. Hope this is the right place to post my problem. So I ordered my m100s way back in October and long story short, I haven't received them yet. I tried contacting the (non-existent) customer support and they said it might be lost and that they will ship out a new one as soon as I can confirm. I have sent a reply but even 4 days later, there has been no confirmation or update. I tried sending another support request with all the details and they just asked me to call the 888 number which leads me to think that they didn't even bother to read the details as I clearly mentioned the addresd. I live in Malaysia and cannot dial that number.
please tell me what to do. Is there anyone else I can contact or email?I'm truly irritated by their support. 5 months n 350$ later still no headphones. cheers

That is weird. I've found that they are usually very fast with replying to their e-mails. Make sure your email is not filtering it into spam or something like that. Send to "support@v-moda.com" with your order # as the subject. If you made an account at V-Moda, you should be able to send messages through the website (which will send you a confirmation email that they received your message) and you can also view your order status with tracking number, so you can see where the package went to. You need to check that tracking number. You do realize that it has been 5 months since you ordered them?? You should be able to get a hold of CS without having to call.

Worse case scenario, if you purchased it with a credit card, you can just dispute the charge with them.

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #12,735 of 23,366
Quote:
After testing with that track and with my music for a while, it started to sound less like the music was behind me, and just kind of to the side of me. My ears may interpret the headphones as sounding behind because I'm so used to having surround sound in my car, where I listen to music 45-90 minutes a day. I've had the M-100 for almost two months now, but I am just off of two days without using them so perhaps my ears were unaccustomed to the sound of my M-100 after a short hiatus.

Anyways can you give some opinions On the M-100 and the C5 miceblue?

I have never listed to a pair of headphones where the music actually sounded like it was coming from in front of me.  Sometimes in the center of my head, but usually behind.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back