V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #12,737 of 23,366
Actually, for 3 months they've given us nothing but "In development". 

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #12,739 of 23,366
Quote:
Is there an ETA on the XL pads yet? I've been reading "soon" for about 3 months now.

V-MODA has said nothing that should lead anyone to assume that "soon" is a reasonable expectation.  They are working on it.  I believe Val said recently that they were close to a prototype, but that's it.  They will be here when they get here.  V-MODA has plenty on their plate right now.  

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #12,740 of 23,366
Hello guys:

Went grocery shopping to Walmart today. After I got there and parked my car I opened the skeleton case to put my headphones on and the cable was NOT there (I left it on top of my office desk). So I went inside Walmart, bought a 3.5mm cable and used it while I did all my shopping. After I finished I went to the customer service desk and returned the cable for a refund, then went back home.

Am I a bad person because of this? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #12,741 of 23,366
Quote:
Very true. I take bass boost off for classic rock, but a lot of the metal I listen to is very bass oriented and having bass boost on is nice to get the bass guitar detail more forward than the bass drum and even a lot of the d-tuned guitar notes. I've yet to listen to Primus or anything like that on M-100s but I imagine boosting the bass might make Les Claypool's bass guitar thud pretty intensely. 

As much as I love the BH, and how much the switches makes some voodoo magic happen, the C5 is just something that's been poking me in the side. They're two entirely different amps I'm betting; the BH's switches are pretty colourful to say the least. So I think having a C5 will be nice to come back down to earth with.

On the topic of lowwww bass:

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #12,742 of 23,366
Quote:
Hello guys:

Went grocery shopping to Walmart today. After I got there and parked my car I opened the skeleton case to put my headphones on and the cable was NOT there (I left it on top of my office desk). So I went inside Walmart, bought a 3.5mm cable and used it while I did all my shopping. After I finished I went to the customer service desk and returned the cable for a refund, then went back home.

biggrin.gif

Probably.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #12,743 of 23,366
Quote:
Hello guys:

biggrin.gif

I call it resourceful.

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #12,744 of 23,366
Quote:
On the topic of lowwww bass:

That was great! I'm still super impressed with my CKM500s, their bass extension, speed, and articulation is impressive for $60. I just wish I could have heard it in better quality than 360 YouTube on my HTC Raider........ I'll do that when I get home lol.

Post this one over in the BassHead Club, I'm sure lots of bassheads will appreciate this track for the pressure.

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #12,747 of 23,366
Quote:

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

Thanks. I feel better now. 
darthsmile.gif

you'll probably go to hell for sucha evil deed... but at least it's warm & toasty now there :p

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #12,749 of 23,366
Quote:
Hello guys:

biggrin.gif

I find it pretty distasteful.  If you really NEED to have music while shopping, own up to it and fork over the money for a cable.  You might say it is a drop in the bucket to Wal-Mart, and it is, but sometimes it's the principle that counts.  

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #12,750 of 23,366
Honestly, do what you gotta do.

My step dad is such a frequent 'returning' customer at Canadian Tire they know him by name and his file is huge. They've had PR people call him asking if he's satisfied with Canadian Tire's products and services, but really, he's just SUPER cheap, and Canadian Tire has ane xcellent return policiy. So when he's done using whatever tool he will only ever need for two weeks, he returns it.

I'm gonna call it resourceful. In this economy, you don't NEED an extra cable laying around for your headphones, that'd just be wasteful spendning lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back