V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #11,613 of 23,366
Kind of off topic, but I saw this in the "Headphone Sighting" thread.
Avicii is often seen using V-MODA Crossfade LP headphones while DJ-ing, but here in this studio he seems to use a pair of HD650's?

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #11,614 of 23,366
Would YOU use LPs in the studio? I wouldn't

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #11,617 of 23,366
Quote:
Just got Custom Clearance....ordered it to UK, how long yall think till it arrives?

Where did you order it from, V Moda or Amazon?

With the snow you could be waiting a couple of days. I ordered from Amazon on Monday and my tracking is as follows;

January 18, 2013 02:00:55 PM Sterling VA US Departure Scan
January 18, 2013 01:48:18 PM Sterling VA US Departure Scan
January 17, 2013 01:39:31 PM Sterling VA US Arrival Scan
January 16, 2013 04:49:42 AM Sterling VA US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #11,619 of 23,366
This is related to microphones and headphones in general, but it can apply for the Boom Pro Mic cable.
Is it possible to use an external amplifier with an audio channel (stupid wording, I meant voice channel; of course it will support an audio channel)? When I try to Skype someone with the Boom Pro Mic cable, the microphone doesn't seem to work when hooked-up to the Objective 2.

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #11,621 of 23,366
Quote:
Ok SHOw of hands here. How many people percieve this as most of the instruments being diagonally behind them? I want to know if mine is just messed up or not.

Yeah... I know what you mean. 

With this track, you have to remember where the dummy head is placed though, and that is where I perceive the sound.

The camera is in a different position so its off putting. The sound isn't to be percieved where the camera is placed.

You should be hearing sounds where the head is in the middle of them all, and I do pretty much.

The main guitar is more in the right/centre of my head though than outwards where he is sat.
That rhythm drum that guy has is on the far right though/slightly behind as it should be, and the rythmn guitar is infact behind me on the left, so that is also correct.

The 3D depth isn't there so much so I'm not hearing the shaker further away than the guitar when he moves in that direction.

The bass isn't at fault though because there really isn't much in this.

I do find though that Binaural recordings have a sort of... low quality compression style sound to them all. At least the ones I hear on Youtube (not heard any outside of Youtube)

This actually has better positioning...

The strings if I close my eyes do sound more up front.

As does this (very realistic this one)

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #11,622 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Ok SHOw of hands here. How many people percieve this as most of the instruments being diagonally behind them? I want to know if mine is just messed up or not.

Yeah... I know what you mean. 

With this track, you have to remember where the dummy head is placed though, and that is where I perceive the sound.

The camera is in a different position so its off putting. The sound isn't to be percieved where the camera is placed.

You should be hearing sounds where the head is in the middle of them all, and I do pretty much.

The main guitar is more in the right/centre of my head though than outwards where he is sat.
That rhythm drum that guy has is on the far right though/slightly behind as it should be, and the rythmn guitar is infact behind me on the left, so that is also correct.

The 3D depth isn't there so much so I'm not hearing the shaker further away than the guitar when he moves in that direction.

The bass isn't at fault though because there really isn't much in this.

I do find though that Binaural recordings have a sort of... low quality compression style sound to them all. At least the ones I hear on Youtube (not heard any outside of Youtube)

This actually has better positioning...

The strings if I close my eyes do sound more up front.

As does this (very realistic this one)

Binaural classical albums sound fantastic! I personally don't own any but I've heard a couple at Head-Fi meets.

Rachmaninoff Plays Rachmaninoff: Zenph Re-performance

I tried the paper towel mod again and yeah the imaging and soundstage are much improved with them in. The LP/LP2 pads give more space between instruments and have a wider soundstage.

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #11,623 of 23,366
Quote:
Binaural classical albums sound fantastic! I personally don't own any but I've heard a couple at Head-Fi meets.

I tried the paper towel mod again and yeah the imaging and soundstage are much improved with them in. The LP/LP2 pads give more space between instruments and have a wider soundstage.

Paper towel mod in the LP/LP2 pads? Or just in the standard pads?

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #11,624 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

Paper towel mod in the LP/LP2 pads? Or just in the standard pads?

Paper towel mod in the standard pads. I haven't tried the LP/LP2 pads with the mod yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back