V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #11,596 of 23,366
Quote:
Like its coming from behind me...

Like not a sing sound ever goes in front of me. Is that how it is for everyone? It's annoying.

Well I imagine myself at the front of the stage, facing the audience, so I hear things behind me. It depends on where you imagine yourself in the stage for "behind" or "in front" sounds.

Try giving these tests a try, and especially the Left and Right "wiring tests".
http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

If those don't work, perhaps you have a defective pair?
.......man what's up with these defective pairs lately? I thought V-MODA was going to patent (or whatever the process is for something like this) their production line process/make sure quality control is top-notch.
confused.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #11,597 of 23,366
Quote:
Like its coming from behind me...

Like not a sing sound ever goes in front of me. Is that how it is for everyone? It's annoying.

Did I maybe screw up the drivers with my modding?

Have you tried other headphones under the same output? I remember plugging into an extension that was designed only for a PC mic once; everything was blended together so there was no distinction between channels.. wups

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #11,598 of 23,366
Man...anybody here actually using (and being satisfied) with the M100 without modding it?

I am currently using a modded Panasonic RP-HTX7 (my own mod) and it sounds pretty good for a $25 can.

I really want to buy the M100, but the fact that after spending $300 or more on a pair of headphones and then having to stuff it with gauze or paper towel "to make it sound like it should" bothers me a lot.

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #11,599 of 23,366
Quote:
Man...anybody here actually using (and being satisfied) with the M100 without modding it?

I am currently using a modded Panasonic RP-HTX7 (my own mod) and it sounds pretty good for a $25 can.

I really want to buy the M100, but the fact that after spending $300 or more on a pair of headphones and then having to stuff it with gauze or paper towel "to make it sound like it should" bothers me a lot.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who are; I just didnt like them the way they sounded because the whole presentation sounded unrealistic.. To my ears.

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #11,600 of 23,366
I see your point, but it's preference mostly, not 'how it's supposed to sound' Mine is mainly a comfort thing. Keep in mind that the pads have to sink in, so that's part of the burn in process. And modding is fun. I'm pretty sure Val even made a post somewhere saying "I can't wait for you guys to V-MODDIFY these!"

Interesting though. I think my mod is entirely different form others; I just uninstalled and reinstalled. Some quick impressions using one very familiar track; uninstallation on the intro and first drop, installed it again by the second drop.... With the mod the bass is stronger, but the mids aren't swallowed whole by them, infact they're brought more forward... Detail is greater I think. and it actually sounds louder.. I don't get that... I'll have to do this again when I'm not just recovered from a headache and sleepy. 

I WISH I could find the same gauze squares at work. I tried finding for another user.... I feel compelled to find more and send em off to some people just for comparison sake.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #11,602 of 23,366
fanboyism aside, did anyone compare them to 1r and ue6000? i had the 1r befire so i can only call what i can remember but from that i would say thay sound pretty similar to the m100. the sonys have a wider soundstage and a tad less sub bass emphasis. detail mids and highs seem quite close.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #11,603 of 23,366
Quote:

Me- completely satisfied out of the box.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #11,604 of 23,366
Quote:
fanboyism aside, did anyone compare them to 1r and ue6000? i had the 1r befire so i can only call what i can remember but from that i would say thay sound pretty similar to the m100. the sonys have a wider soundstage and a tad less sub bass emphasis. detail mids and highs seem quite close.

Yes and yes.  1R and UE6000 win on comfort. 1R mids are much more forward than UE6000 and M-100.  However, I consider the mids on UE6000 and M-100 to be smooth with good detail; better detail and soundstage on the M-100.  In terms of treble extension, 1R has the most, followed by M-100, then UE6000 which sounds slightly dark in comparison, but I would not categorize them as a dark headphone.  UE6000 is probably the most genre-specific of the bunch, most ideal for EDM and hip hop with boomy bass.  After listening to M-100 and UE6000, bass sounds lacking on the 1R in comparison, but they are not bass light.  As an overall winner, the M-100 nails my sonic preferences and has earned their "fanboyism".

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #11,607 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm going to be doing a comparison of the M-100, the K167, and the DT770 AE 32ohm.

That would be great! Looking forward to it :)

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #11,608 of 23,366
Quote:
UE6000 has the least.  I didn't spend enough time with the R1 to fairly determine between them and the M-100.  However, I consider the M-100 to be in the top tier regarding soundstage in a closed headphone.

yes, i have to say, they remind me a lot of the dt770 LE. even the treble seems a little overdone for me. there is a small peak somewhere that is always annoying me. had the same problem with other phones like d2000, eph100 and many more.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #11,609 of 23,366
Quote:

Me - although took some getting used to, I prefer them unmodded now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back