V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #10,246 of 23,366
Just got back from a hard day of finals and my M-100 is waiting for me :).  Too bad it was raining pretty bad and the bag was soaked.  Anyway, here is my quick unboxing of the white M-100:

The V-moda logo on the custom shield is really too small...

It pains me to have to CUT the red ribbon to open the box.

Notice the part top left of the V-moda logo is already dirty from the box.

Totally tiny package for a full size headphone.

I never know that you can have your cable plug into either the right or the left side, hence the 3.5 mm jack plugs.

Fully opened and extended.

I am now burning it in with my DragonFly.  For me the bass right now is a bit on the heavy side but not much, however, I am getting a MUCH clear and forward mids compare to my UE900.  I am not sure about the trebles yet but I do think it is somewhat weaker compare to my B&W C5 and UE900.

p.s. I CANNOT register my M-100 with the V-moda site, anyone else is having the same problem as me?

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #10,247 of 23,366
Quote:

Just got back from a hard day of finals and my M-100 is waiting for me :).  Too bad it was raining pretty bad and the bag was soaked.  Anyway, here is my quick unboxing of the white M-100:

The V-moda logo on the custom shield is really too small...

It pains me to have to CUT the red ribbon to open the box.

Notice the part top left of the V-moda logo is already dirty from the box.

Totally tiny package for a full size headphone.

I never know that you can have your cable plug into either the right or the left side, hence the 3.5 mm jack plugs.

Fully opened and extended.

I am now burning it in with my DragonFly.  For me the bass right now is a bit on the heavy side but not much, however, I am getting a MUCH clear and forward mids compare to my UE900.  I am not sure about the trebles yet but I do think it is somewhat weaker compare to my B&W C5 and UE900.

p.s. I CANNOT register my M-100 with the V-moda site, anyone else is having the same problem as me?

With most dirt, I've found it's relatively easy to wipe-off with a damp cloth. The zipper part is the only part that's hard to clean since it's a fabric material instead of plastic-ish. Does anyone else have a stiff zipper with their case? As I mentioned a few weeks ago, the fabric part of the zipper is busted probably as a result of the stiff zipper.

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #10,248 of 23,366
Quote:
With most dirt, I've found it's relatively easy to wipe-off with a damp cloth. The zipper part is the only part that's hard to clean since it's a fabric material instead of plastic-ish. Does anyone else have a stiff zipper with their case? As I mentioned a few weeks ago, the fabric part of the zipper is busted probably as a result of the stiff zipper.

Yeah, mine is pretty stiff as well.  Thank god mine is pretty much for home use only and I do have a stand, so I am not worry about the case too much.

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #10,249 of 23,366
Quote:
Awesome shields, Y260! Did you use the template, or did you just submit an image? 

Thanks man. It was a template that I downloaded from the V-MODA site. I think it's a much better idea to submit the template then to submit some image. You can really customize it to your liking that way (using photoshop or whatever program you like).

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #10,252 of 23,366
Quote:
Thanks man. It was a template that I downloaded from the V-MODA site. I think it's a much better idea to submit the template then to submit some image. You can really customize it to your liking that way (using photoshop or whatever program you like).

My custom shields have the UKF Bass Culture logo on them. I asked because I've heard horror stories of the image/text being too small on the shield if you just upload the image. I did apply it myself on the template, but I got a message when uploading saying the image size was too big :frowning2: I'm praying the logo covers a good portion of the shield like yours.

Dec 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #10,254 of 23,366
Quote:
I didn't use the template but logo size worked out ok for me.

Kitty like orange.

oh hot damn! those are looking sexy! What is the logo of? I like it :D

I cant wait to get my fixed order of Matte Blacks & new shields in. :) They sent me shadow but David helped me right along, so they should be here this week or next week :)

P.S. Thanks David! ^o^

Dec 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #10,255 of 23,366
JUST ordered them off of Amazon. They are in stock :). Just make sure you do it now! Got the one day shipping, and I am very excited to see how they sound! Who knows? Maybe they'll even make me want to get the custom shields with Bonzo's symbol! 

Dec 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #10,257 of 23,366
Quote:
Did anyone get the QR code scan to work yet? It totally didn't work for me to get "free music"

What? I never heard of this... "free music" you speak of. I registered mine just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back