V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #9,181 of 23,366
Quote:
I really really love my M-100's now that they're burnt in and such, but there's only two nagging issues that my OCD says I need fixed asap.

1. Thicker pads. They don't need to be wider or a different shape - but they do need to be upgraded from a 2cm depth (as measured by miceblue) to something like 3cm. Maybe 2.5cm or so.
  2. White Pads. Also, white. I need white for my designs, and LP2 white doesn't match M-100 white. I have my money ready V-MODA.

PS: I would love it if Head-Fi could help me decide on my second design. I need to decide between these. Any help?

Your biggest worry before receiving your pair was the noise isolation. You said it was a deal breaker and concerned to the point where you wanted to cancel your order after they have shipped. You haven't said much about noise isolation since getting them. How is the noise isolation working out for you? 

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #9,182 of 23,366
I was expecting the actual wires to be thicker connecting the ports to the headphone, and the same with the connecting wires to the driver itself... I would have thought if the bass is too heavy, you can simply EQ it down on bass level, and still retain the mids and highs, surely? When I recieve mine, I will probably be surely doing a review as well, so you will have to check it out for anyone still on the hedge. I consider myself someone that will give something a fair go, and even though I don't have much experience in the audio field, I will be able to give a critical look, without anything to counteract what I think, so it will be what I hear, and not what I have heard from other headphones in general. It will be from my specific experience with them

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #9,183 of 23,366
Quote:

Your biggest worry before receiving your pair was the noise isolation. You said it was a deal breaker and concerned to the point where you wanted to cancel your order after they have shipped. You haven't said much about noise isolation since getting them. How is the noise isolation working out for you? 

Hahaha - It turned out to be fine in that regard. It leaks a bit less than my Audio Technica ATH-M50's

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #9,186 of 23,366
Quote:
I was expecting the actual wires to be thicker connecting the ports to the headphone, and the same with the connecting wires to the driver itself... Check out this review. What do you think?  I would have thought if the bass is too heavy, you can simply EQ it down on bass level, and still retain the mids and highs, surely? When I recieve mine, I will probably be surely doing a review as well, so you will have to check it out for anyone still on the hedge. I consider myself someone that will give something a fair go, and even though I don't have much experience in the audio field, I will be able to give a critical look, without anything to counteract what I think, so it will be what I hear, and not what I have heard from other headphones in general. It will be from my specific experience with them

I don't think think a headphone can be "cold" and have a really deep bass response at the same time. Those are completely opposite. My Shure SRH940 can be described as a cold and analytical headphone as the bass output is very weak in comparison to most other headphones out there.
Quote:
cold The same as "cool," only more so. Having somewhat excessive upper-range output and weak lower-range output.

And contrary to what was mentioned, my Clip Zip plus the O2 amp creates a much more spacious sound with more chest-thumping bass. Call me crazy or not, but I just brought along the O2 with me to school today (yes the O2 fits in my jacket pocket) and I can easily hear the difference in soundstage and bass thump.

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #9,191 of 23,366
Pardon my question, but why go into the M-100 thread asking about boosting it to LP2 levels of bass when the LP2 itself is insufficient for bass for you? You may as well get the Skullcandy skullcrushers which features a subwoofer for bass (and little else regarding build quality and sound), but the M-100's are tuned to have a more controlled and refined bass than the LP2's at the cost of some thump.

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #9,193 of 23,366
Quote:
I have the l.p.2 but I want more bass than that

Don't be myopic in your thinking, my friend. Get a digizoid ZO and you can get all the bass on anything you want.

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #9,194 of 23,366
My m100s are slightly loose on the area where the fork connects with the earcups. Actually, the entire fork gives an annoying creaking sound when I press on them. Should I return them?

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #9,195 of 23,366
Quote:
My m100s are slightly loose on the area where the fork connects with the earcups. Actually, the entire fork gives an annoying creaking sound when I press on them. Should I return them?

Mine does that too.  Might be due to how they swivel...the cup fell out once for mine and I noticed they had a slightly different design.  Up to whether it bugs you enough, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back