V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #9,127 of 23,366
Condolences Val, RIP!

P.S Looking forward so so much to a UK release for the M-100, can't wait for some info to come out!

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #9,129 of 23,366
What in the...the LP/LP2 pads are more comfortable than that of the M-100's.
blink.gif

Maybe it's because they're stiffer than the M-100's.
Sound-wise the bass seems less clear (things seem muddled up), bass impact is decreased (the bass pedal's chest-thumping sound is missing), the treble is decreased in quantity (snare drums don't have the same snap and cymbals seem quieter), and because of all of the this the mids are actually brought out a bit.

I think I'll be switching back to the M-100's stock earpads even if they're less comfortable. >.>
To tell you the truth, installation of the pads is actually very simple and quick.

Yeah that's better, the M-100's pads do make a difference in sound quality. The bass pedal's thump is back in action, the snare's snap is back, and the cymbal crashes are a tad bit more audible.

........and why did curiosity kill the cat?

Also,

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #9,132 of 23,366
I am pretty surprised that this headphone managed to look extremely good, and topple one of those "all time favourites headphone" like the HD25 series in term of the sound quality , how is it compared to the likes of beyer dt 1350 in terms of comfort and sound quality?

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #9,133 of 23,366
Does anyone with the m-100 know if the hinge in the headphone look like it's going to start to get loosened in the future? That's what happens with most headphones that fold like that, that's why I'm wondering, and its usually why portable headphones are the first ones to break, but I don't know about this one because of it's "click-fold Hinges"

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #9,134 of 23,366
Quote:
I am pretty surprised that this headphone managed to look extremely good, and topple one of those "all time favourites headphone" like the HD25 series in term of the sound quality , how is it compared to the likes of beyer dt 1350 in terms of comfort and sound quality?

Its still a bit early for me to say, but so far I'm liking the M-80 and HD25's over the M-100's. Bass is a tad bit artificial sounding; also, I'm not sure if the timbre is off, or if the midrange sounds too dull, but there's something odd sounding about these cans that I cant pinpoint just yet..
However, please take it for the grain of salt it is; I can be insanely picky when it comes to bass-canons 
frown.gif

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #9,135 of 23,366
Quote:
Its still a bit early for me to say, but so far I'm liking the M-80 and HD25's over the M-100's. Bass is a tad bit artificial sounding; also, I'm not sure if the timbre is off, or if the midrange sounds too dull, but there's something odd sounding about these cans that I cant pinpoint just yet..
However, please take it for the grain of salt it is; I can be insanely picky when it comes to bass-canons 
frown.gif

I thought the same when I first used my M-100s. But when I went back to my M80s, I couldn't stand how congested it sounded when compared. The soundstage is probably the what I appreciate the most in the M100s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back