V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #8,761 of 23,366
Quote:
Wore these on the bus today for close to 2 hours, while my ears were uncomfortable most of the time, they didn't hurt after I took them off. I must say though, that I did have a headache about halfway through the trip, a bad one.

Not sure why that is - but I haven't worn them enough to really break-in the headband. Maybe that's why? I think it's mainly the clamping force.

All I know is thicker pads would really help the comfort, and other than the comfort - these are amazing headphones

It's interesting to see people's responses. I've worn these for way longer than I probably should per day. They're super light and are magical to almost everyone I've shown them to (one person had their ear sticking out a bit but I feel he should've adjusted them better. Maybe the pads are a bit small for him) has been like, oooh! super comfy!

I guess those puffier pads should alleviate some problems with everyone else though.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #8,762 of 23,366
Quote:
Wore these on the bus today for close to 2 hours, while my ears were uncomfortable most of the time, they didn't hurt after I took them off. I must say though, that I did have a headache about halfway through the trip, a bad one.

Not sure why that is - but I haven't worn them enough to really break-in the headband. Maybe that's why? I think it's mainly the clamping force.

All I know is thicker pads would really help the comfort, and other than the comfort - these are amazing headphones

If you're getting a headache, I don't think pads will help.  Sounds like you need to do like me and flex the headband flat a bit to reduce clamping pressure.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #8,764 of 23,366
Quote:

V THE PEOPLE
^I've read every syllable of every sentence and I am overwhelmed by the positive feedback overall on the sound especially (which is mostly what matters). .......   I got your back and ears, don't worry...

Val - I just want to say it's this level of commitment to excellence that has made me stick through the comfort issues I have had (and more importantly have sold a pair of M-80s and probably another 3-4 pairs of M-100s in my circle of friends, with more surely to come).  It's a much easier decision when I know that it's just a matter of time before all of my problems are solved and I have a headphone that is almost like it was built specifically for me, shields and all.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #8,765 of 23,366
Quote:
I meant the pads will help wih the ear comfort while I'm wearing them. I'm more than sure the clamping force will sort itself out as I wear them.

If you really need to make some adjustments to clamping force you could adjust the headband by bending it/twisting it. Despite its elastic and bounces-back-to-its-original-shape nature, it's quite easy to make adjustments (much to the chagrin of my brother when I decrease the clamping force on his M-80's. 

Bop it! Twist it! Pull it!

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #8,766 of 23,366
My full review'll be coming up soon enough. For now, Let's just say that the sterility of the DT1350's is as present as ever in comparison to the vitality and musicality of the M-100, yet its neutrality gives a more accurate and better experience with jazz/bossanova/classical. But the DT1350's never groove. They never purr, and switching back to them feels rather cold.

That's good stuff, thanks for the quick comparison.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #8,769 of 23,366
Quote:

Clamping force was an issue for me at first. Stretch/flatten the headband out a few times and I think you should be fine. If you noticed in my unboxing video, flattening the headband made the earcups looser/spaced farther apart.
If you have angled ears like me, twisting the headband away from you (take the top of the headband with both hands and twist the back of your hands towards you) can help with that too.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #8,772 of 23,366
I've been using DigitalFreak's mod the past few days, and I feel the M100's are perfect for me like this, I can wear them for hours while wearing glasses and even listen lying down with no discomfort whatsoever and it still sounds excellent.  Still very pleased with these headphones.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #8,774 of 23,366
Let's just say I have some very strong issues with FOXXCONN and more specifically the CEO Terry Tai-Ming Gou and his labor practices. Luckily FOXXCONN only does electronics (smart phones, laptops, computer towers etc) and as far as I know has nothing to do with headphones. The closest they come as far as I know is they have something to do with the Apple ear buds and even then I don't think they completely manufacture them. Most headphone manufacturing to my knowledge is mostly automated.

Taken directly from Wikipedia concerning only one of his many bonehead comments

Quote:Wikipedia
Gou drew controversy when comments he made during a board meeting about employees were translated into English as "Hon Hai has a workforce of over one million worldwide and as human beings are also animals, to manage one million animals gives me a headache

I think that quote speaks volumes as to why I don't like the guy or his outfit.

@ Enki
If you want to try playing around with positioning of the stuffing ( sliding them along the cup further forward or back) you can get the fit to feel perfect. When I first had the padding in I was getting the very top tips of my ears feeling weird due to them making contact with the hard padding. Once I slid the padding slightly forward all issues were resolved. Rather weird now that I stop and think of it. With no padding in I also have no fit issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back