V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 19, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #8,296 of 23,366
Quote:
I don't know how people can say microphonics isn't an issue. I am currently wearing a cotton/nylon jacket and the collar brushes against the cable (left or right earcup). Every movement the cable makes with my jacket is translated through the cable into the earcup. Just a slight annoyance, but it's something to bring up. T_T

I've noticed this, too. The position of the cable and how it's plugged into the earcup affects this. I've found that spinning the cable inside the port helps. You can't totally avoid it, but when the music is loud enough you don't notice it. The M-80 with the one-button, red cable is less microphonic, but I haven't tried swapping cables to see if it's due to the cable of the headphones themselves.

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #8,299 of 23,366
Quote:
Well mine came in the mail today. Fantastic. I probs won't take too many pics because everyone else seems to have that covered rather thoroughly. Probably just the numerous shields I have and whatever.

Out-of-the-box impressions
-Hot damn these things are way smaller than pictured. It's like a softball. You could probably even play softball with it (disclaimer: I'm not recommending anyone play softball with it)
-No note from Val. Sadface.jpg but oh well
-*holds up the headphones* Ah yes, now this is a quality built headphone. No evident defects on mine, either!
-oodles and doodles of goodies.
-I think I spent a good 20-30 minutes putting on my shields. I guess I'll only be swapping shields on a weekly-biweekly basis, lol
-Man, when I put them on I was a bit blown back by the bass, but that's mainly because I've been using the DT1350's for so long. The mids do sound less forward to say the least, but the evident bass emphasis is probably driving that placement.
-soundstage is pretty good for closed back. I do love that club sound for stuff.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand more to come later.

Val sent me a note but he wrote my note wrong haha. Left out a few sentences in the middle. Kinda funny too since it altered the meaning a whole lot. But hey, he worked all night for those so it's understandable.

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #8,309 of 23,366
It will be interesting to see how the M-100 compares to other closed cans in the same price range.

V-Moda M-100 ($310 pre-order price)
Ultrasone Pro 900 ($330)
AKG 550 ($300)
Shure SRH940 ($300)

popcorn.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #8,310 of 23,366
Quote:

It will be interesting to see how the M-100 compares to other closed cans in the same price range.

V-Moda M-100 ($310 pre-order price)
Ultrasone Pro 900 ($330)
AKG 550 ($300)
Shure SRH940 ($300)

popcorn.gif

Being that the K550 has been my go-to can for some time, they will be cited as a point of reference in my forthcoming M-100 review.  I may write it as soon as this weekend.

I've never tried the 940, but had owned the PRO-900.  Save for earpad comfort, the M-100 routes it in every possible way.  Then again, I consider the 900 to be the most sonically offensive enthusiast-targeted headphone that I've ever owned.

Quote:
Do you guys get any discomfort on the top part of the head? Not the pads but the band. Like if i wear it for 30 mins there is like a pain that i feel and it forces me to move the headphones around

Yes, but I've come to the realization that I experience this with headphones more often than not.  You may want try extending the cups to a larger setting if you have not done so already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back