V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 17, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #8,071 of 23,366
Quote:
At this point, I just want to know when the M-100 specific pads will be sent out. I got white, thinking they'd work fine, but if Val himself is telling me not to use them because they're LP2 pads, I want to know why I wasn't sent the right pads the first time, and if I will get the right ones in the end.
Loving the rest of the M-100's though. They've got such a good mix of detail, clarity, musicality, aggressiveness, features and build quality. They set a high bar for other headphones.
PS: My ears seem to be back to normal. I hope I'm not jynxing anything, but I think I'll be able to do 100% proper impressions now.

In early days of production like this there are often not spare parts because every useable pad was likely put on headphones.  You don't order 10s of thousands of them until you get the first couple runs down the assembly line and ensure that you don't need to make any changes.  This is one of the prices you pay for a pre-mass production unit. 

Also, Val said about 8 weeks for the spare parts and the bigger pads.

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #8,072 of 23,366
Quote:
It's on the website this morning - right at the top it says V-Moda.com Value: Faders VIP Included

EDIT - He also mentioned a few hundred pages back that there was a surprise accessory that was definitely only for the first round of pre-orders.  We later learned that surprise was the boom mic.

Sorry, but I don't see anything that says that about the Faders on the M-100 page.

And yes, I'm aware of what was said about the first round of pre-orders but as I posted earlier, Val eluded to there being extras in this round of pre-orders as well, if the extras he was eluding to is the Faders that's fine but I don't see what the problem is with asking him to confirm?

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #8,073 of 23,366
In early days of production like this there are often not spare parts because every useable pad was likely put on headphones.  You don't order 10s of thousands of them until you get the first couple runs down the assembly line and ensure that you don't need to make any changes.  This is one of the prices you pay for a pre-mass production unit. 

Also, Val said about 8 weeks for the spare parts and the bigger pads.
The thing that confuses me, is why they didn't make the white pad for my headphones when they made my set. I put it on my order, it was one of the options. So why was it the wrong type if it was being offered? That's the main thing I want to know.

Also, 8 weeks is past the 60-day test drive period. I highly doubt I will return these, but even so, I want to know how the pads hangs the sound while I have the chance, you know?:xf_eek:

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #8,074 of 23,366
Quote:
Sorry, but I don't see anything that says that about the Faders on the M-100 page.

And yes, I'm aware of what was said about the first round of pre-orders but as I posted earlier, Val eluded to there being extras in this round of pre-orders as well, if the extras he was eluding to is the Faders that's fine but I don't see what the problem is with asking him to confirm?

Not a problem, just trying to help.

Quote:
The thing that confuses me, is why they didn't make the white pad for my headphones when they made my set. I put it on my order, it was one of the options. So why was it the wrong type if it was being offered? That's the main thing I want to know.
Also, 8 weeks is past the 60-day test drive period. I highly doubt I will return these, but even so, I want to know how the pads hangs the sound while I have the chance, you know?
redface.gif

I haven't noticed if they shipped any with white pads, but if so, I am guessing they grabbed the wrong box when packing your order.

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #8,075 of 23,366
Quote:
Not a problem, just trying to help.

Ahh, I see it now, thanks. When you posted that I did a search on the page for fader, all I got was the link at the top to the fader page. Apparently Firefox's find on the Mac version is case sensitive, if I use a capital F at the start of Fader it finds it, go figure.

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #8,078 of 23,366
Quote:
So these are actually bassier than the LP2? I thought it was the other way around considering the LP2 are regarded as bass cannons.

These measurements show that machines are not ears...  I'll explain more later.  The seal is bass, concha is mids and ear canal is highs.  

-V

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #8,079 of 23,366
Quote:
So these are actually bassier than the LP2? I thought it was the other way around considering the LP2 are regarded as bass cannons.

It looks to be about ~9dB or so bass boost in this graph, the LP2 measures about 10~11dB or so. But it probably has much less resonances which is percievable less quantity. Bass isn't worrisome in this measurement and I actually like the shape of the bass but the 500Hz drop, this is a bit worrisome for me personaly as I want MORE forward lower-mids than Q40, not less.

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #8,081 of 23,366
Quote:

These measurements show that machines are not ears...  I'll explain more later.  The seal is bass, concha is mids and ear canal is highs.  

-V

+1 While I don't dismiss the value of graphs, I evaluate headphones on an emotional level purely based on how they sound to me.  To put in the simplest terms, my music moves me more on an emotional level through the M-100 than I have felt with any other headphone.

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #8,082 of 23,366
Yes! The pre-order page is up and just ordered a set of M100. Hopefully have them by Christmas. The wait begins:)

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #8,083 of 23,366
I'm very much regretting that I didn't get the Shadow, they're by far the nicest looking pair in my book.
Just didn't want a copy of my M80's. I want the white M800's and the Shadow M100's. Haha.

Has anyone gotten the brushed metall shields on the white M100's yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back