V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #8,086 of 23,366
Quote:
I want some M800's. Sign me up for the pre-order in 2086.
wink.gif

Pre-Order in 2086, debuts on Mystery Science 3000 in the year 3000.

Quote:
Haha, at least my wish is possible! :DD

Genie in a bottle (Vodka of cos).

BON VOYAGE, PRESS RELEASE IS RELEASED!

http://v-moda.com/v-moda-unveils-crossfade-m-100/

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #8,087 of 23,366
All of those who have posted full reviews, please PM me with link(s) to the post/page/site that contains your review. That way I can compile them for the other thread and the closed portable battle.

In other news, false alarm, ears not clear yet.

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #8,088 of 23,366
I am kind of regretting that I got my design engraved onto the brushed metal shields since through wear, there would probably be lines in the design that shouldn't be there.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #8,089 of 23,366
It looks like mine have finally arrived!  But instead of getting the Matte Black I was sent the Shadow??? No big deal I guess, they probably just ran out of matte black or something!  But it'd have been nice had they mentioned that before I got them!

I shall hopefully post more about how they sound once I get a chance to really use them. :p

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #8,090 of 23,366
Quote:
It looks like mine have finally arrived!  But instead of getting the Matte Black I was sent the Shadow??? No big deal I guess, they probably just ran out of matte black or something!  But it'd have been nice had they mentioned that before I got them!

I shall hopefully post more about how they sound once I get a chance to really use them. :p

When did you order yours?

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #8,094 of 23,366
Val, is there a future possibility to add more pieces of Orange trim to the headphone e.g. at some parts of the wings to compliment the beautiful orange cable? 

EDIT: I have seen the LPs with orange shields as a custom option, and that also includes orange wings so it must be a possiblity

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #8,095 of 23,366
Quote:

Ouh, let's hope I get the shadows instead too! :) 
My blue shields would look ridiculous on them but I'd just keep the brushed metal plates in that case. :)

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #8,096 of 23,366
Quote:

Pre-Order in 2086, debuts on Mystery Science 3000 in the year 3000.

Genie in a bottle (Vodka of cos).

Quote:
a remastered SpeakEasy microphone cable

I like the terminology used. :wink:

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #8,098 of 23,366
M-100's journey into pr-stratosphere picking up pace. Gizmodo writes: Indestructible Headphones You’ll Either Love or Hate

[,,,]snip[...]

Great text and pic's. Ordered the Shadow myself, but that white combo of V-Moda/Apple-tech is exquisite. Then again, iPhone 6 should be M-100-inspired (Shadow!) :cool:

Design crowdsourced by the collective brain trust of audiophiles, editors, producers, and DJs

Like we say at our workplace: that's #nextlevelsh*t!

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #8,100 of 23,366
edit (ipad-related double post)
edit 2: might as well add a visual salute to one of the signature design elements of the M-100, taken from the Gizmodo-gallery:

XD
The fatal flaw was the $300 price tag. I have to wonder what they think of other closed-back headphones at a similar price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back