V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #8,058 of 23,366

Quote:
The Pro Coil cable though does have the locking mechanism as you've quoted - I've seen the Pro Coil cable. I didn't ask him why only the pro cables do but not the other home-use/personal cables don't.

This is purely speculation. But I would guess that the coiled cable has a lot more slack than the normal straight cable. So if you did bump/yank the cable, the coiled cable could absorb some of the tension by uncoiling. And if it was intended for DJ use, perhaps the headphone disconnecting in the middle of a song is a lot worse than for someone who was just listening to music on the go.

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #8,059 of 23,366
Quote:

I talked to Val about this actually (quoting the Sennheiser Momentums as an example). In short (and this makes sense) yanking on a chord, it's better for the chord to release. The stress on yanking is not only on the plug also on the jack which, on a bad day, at a bad angle, and cos the planets are all aligned either in conjunction or opposition, could result in an internal damage.

The Pro Coil cable though does have the locking mechanism as you've quoted - I've seen the Pro Coil cable. I didn't ask him why only the pro cables do but not the other home-use/personal cables don't.

I've had them pull out like that before, he's right that it's probably better that way!

Oct 17, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #8,061 of 23,366
Hm, so I won't receive my PPU's until the the MP2 versions available in England anyway :S

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #8,063 of 23,366
Quote:
Val can you update us on the pre-order package tomorrow morning? What it includes? If the boom mic is going to be a part of the 310$ pre-order package or not? If not, how much extra will the mic be?

I'd be interested in this information as well. If the mic is included as an extra I would go for the pre-order but, unless it's absolutely necessary, I don't like having my credit card charged for something that is potentially a couple of months away from shipping, so if the mic isn't included I'd hold off until there's stock available.

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #8,064 of 23,366
Quote:
I'd be interested in this information as well. If the mic is included as an extra I would go for the pre-order but, unless it's absolutely necessary, I don't like having my credit card charged for something that is potentially a couple of months away from shipping, so if the mic isn't included I'd hold off until there's stock available.

It even says on the page: "THIS IS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE", and under the mic it says "MIC AND COILED CABLE NOT INCLUDED."

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #8,065 of 23,366
Quote:
It even says on the page: "THIS IS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE", and under the mic it says "MIC AND COILED CABLE NOT INCLUDED."

Yes, and this looks to be the actual M-100 page not a pre-order page like it was for the first M-100 pre-order, but in at least one post a few pages back regarding sales to Europe Val mentioned that Europeans would be able to pre-order from V-Moda's site and that the "extras" would be included. This suggests to me at least the possibility that they are still planning to include something beyond the standard package in this pre-order.

This brings up another couple of questions, how much will the mic be separately? And will it work with the M-80's as well?

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #8,066 of 23,366
I was waiting at Midnight to Pre-order, but not yet available. I woke up at 5:45am this morning and Pre-order a Matte Black with extra croc skin shield... Thanks Val for giving us opportunity to experience this! =)

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #8,067 of 23,366
Quote:
Yes, and this looks to be the actual M-100 page not a pre-order page like it was for the first M-100 pre-order, but in at least one post a few pages back regarding sales to Europe Val mentioned that Europeans would be able to pre-order from V-Moda's site and that the "extras" would be included. This suggests to me at least the possibility that they are still planning to include something beyond the standard package in this pre-order.

This brings up another couple of questions, how much will the mic be separately? And will it work with the M-80's as well?

You get a set of Faders, not the boom mic

From the looks of the boom mic it will work fine on the M-80.  There's nothing magical about the M-100 to support it.

Also, don't forget guys SAVE post 8080 for Val, we are almost there (and it seems that nobody goes back to read the last page)

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #8,068 of 23,366
Quote:
You get a set of Faders, not the boom mic

Where did you get this info from? Did Val post it and I missed it along the way?

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #8,069 of 23,366
Quote:
 Where did you get this info from? Did Val post it and I missed it along the way?

It's on the website this morning - right at the top it says V-Moda.com Value: Faders VIP Included

EDIT - He also mentioned a few hundred pages back that there was a surprise accessory that was definitely only for the first round of pre-orders.  We later learned that surprise was the boom mic.

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #8,070 of 23,366
At this point, I just want to know when the M-100 specific pads will be sent out. I got white, thinking they'd work fine, but if Val himself is telling me not to use them because they're LP2 pads, I want to know why I wasn't sent the right pads the first time, and if I will get the right ones in the end.

Loving the rest of the M-100's though. They've got such a good mix of detail, clarity, musicality, aggressiveness, features and build quality. They set a high bar for other headphones.

PS: My ears seem to be back to normal. I hope I'm not jynxing anything, but I think I'll be able to do 100% proper impressions now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back