V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #7,606 of 23,366
Finally got my unit. Can't believe V-Moda approve my shield design :p

That design is superb!! I want one of those logos now!! Mine should be here any day now but I will save my photos for the full review.

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #7,607 of 23,366
Quote:
That design is superb!! I want one of those logos now!! Mine should be here any day now but I will save my photos for the full review.

xD nice that's pretty cool man

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #7,610 of 23,366
Quote:
just wondering...why are so many people concerned over the bass? IMO the M-80 already had very good bass, better bass quality sounds great, but more quantity? I want an audiophile sound signature with slightly boosted bass for mobile listening, and thats what i'm expecting from M-100, not bone shaking quality drowning bass cannons hahah
beyersmile.png

I've never said I wanted more bass than the m80's, I'm just getting the feeling the quantity is less and I don't want that.
Second, why is "an audiophile headphone" and "bassy headphones", two different things? 
I'd like a slight bump in the bass area from the m80's (I don't mind boosting it myself, as long as they can handle it, I'll be happy).
But I'm not looking for fartcannons, I love my M80's for a reason and I'm not too fond of the LP/LP2's.

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #7,611 of 23,366
Quote:
I've never said I wanted more bass than the m80's, I'm just getting the feeling the quantity is less and I don't want that.
Second, why is "an audiophile headphone" and "bassy headphones", two different things? 
I'd like a slight bump in the bass area from the m80's (I don't mind boosting it myself, as long as they can handle it, I'll be happy).
But I'm not looking for fartcannons, I love my M80's for a reason and I'm not too fond of the LP/LP2's.

Well that really isn't the case though, there are a few well respected "audiophile" headphones that are quite bassy - the D7000 for instance, and the LCD-2 (though I haven't heard that one).  Some people just get all prissy about having bass in their music for some reason. :p

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #7,612 of 23,366
Quote:
+1   
 Specifically the lower frequency response.  I expect them to have 'louder' bass than the M80 but does it reach deeper? is there more texture?  I don't want bass cannons. I was just hoping for more dimension vs the M80.

Bass goes deeper than M-80, they purr and shake a bit like LP/LP2s.  I don't think we'll see much dissapointment in bass once we get more reviews, I think it may be quite contrary long-term!  They aren't pure bass cannons but they definitely hit hard yet are clean and controlled and it doesnt bleed into the mids.

Fit/seal is important w bass, so be sure to have it adjusted properly arm-length wise on your head!

Quote:

And here's where the M-100 will not fail to satisfy. To me the bass on the M-100s is absolutely magical - let's just say that because of this single feature, I'm actually finding myself looking for new tracks that will emphasise on that feature. Is it deep? Yes. Is it controlled - very much so. Is it smooth & textured, h3ll yeah. And finally, is it addictive? Yes it is.

No I'm not a basshead but if liking the M-100 bass (specifically 'cos I don't really like the bass in the other bass-heavy headphones) means I'm a basshead, then I guess I am - an M-100 basshead.

Final closing keyword: Rumble!!

Yup, I feel they are "VIBRANT"...  and they do vibrate.

Quote:
Haha...

Go for a drunken review mate...should make for an interesting read! 

2X this one "DRUNKREVIEWS.com", a revolutionary new tech blog.  Reviewer discloses alcohol consumed then the test process:  6 shots of tequila and a bottle of red wine.  Product:  ____ Verdict: ____

Quote:
Darts was fun though.

Darts+Drinking=Dangerous!  Bulls everywhere are watching out.
Quote:
just wondering...why are so many people concerned over the bass? IMO the M-80 already had very good bass, better bass quality sounds great, but more quantity? I want an audiophile sound signature with slightly boosted bass for mobile listening, and thats what i'm expecting from M-100, not bone shaking quality drowning bass cannons hahah
beyersmile.png

People love bass, I think we'll see that we have a good balance of bass yet "modern audiophile" just like M-80, but  a bit deeper.  Don't underestimate the importance of genre, music recordings, masterings in judgment.

Quote:
My M-100s just got here 
beyersmile.png
 I'm taking a lot of pictures and listening to them. Even though it doesn't mean much coming from me, I will be posting impressions and reviews shortly.

CONGRATS

MY OFFICIAL TRAX
I am going to post our team's primary test tracks too later, but the songs I used the most during development were:

*1) Carl Kennedy / Tommy Trash - Blackwater (in WAV/AIFF at Beatport by Subliminal http://www.beatport.com/track/blackwater-feat-rosie-henshaw-club-mix/1187625 )
*2) Val Kolton - Once Bitten (WAV http://www.beatport.com/track/once-bitten-original-mix/3716645 )
*3) Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
4) Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

to a lesser extent
5) Ja vstretil vas "I've met you" lossless   Roby Lakatos instrumental
6) Famous Blue Raincoat lossless 5:34 Jennifer Warnes
7) Lucia Di Lammermoor lossless 3:29 Vitas (from 5th element)

1,2,3 are my official "theme songs of' in the making M-100.  LP was by Sharam - Don't Say a Word and Dada Life Let's get Bleeped Tonight.  M-80 was "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.  LP2 was Once Bitten Twice Shy (mine) and Italoboyz Live Mixes 

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #7,614 of 23,366
Well crap.. That's what I was worried about..

If it leaks past 50% volume.. I can't use these in any of the ways I want to.. I wonder if it's possible to cancel the order while it's en-route?

Also, my ATH-M50 officially breathed their last breath today. I have respectfully retired them, and am now can-less.

Do not register the product and I will buy it from you! Seriously!

Put me on your first list of buyer pls.

I do not want to wait for Xmas to preorder the M100. I am so close to pulling the trigger in getting the Grado PS500 which is not good for my wallet...:)

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #7,615 of 23,366
Quote:

Bass goes deeper than M-80, they purr and shake a bit like LP/LP2s.  I don't think we'll see much dissapointment in bass once we get more reviews, I think it may be quite contrary long-term!  They aren't pure bass cannons but they definitely hit hard yet are clean and controlled and it doesnt bleed into the mids.
 I think we'll see that we have a good balance of bass yet "modern audiophile" just like M-80, but  a bit deeper.  Don't underestimate the importance of genre, music recordings, masterings in judgment.

GREAT to hear, thanks a lot for the clarification. Can't wait 1-4 weeks, I'm going to implode.

Quote:
Well that really isn't the case though, there are a few well respected "audiophile" headphones that are quite bassy - the D7000 for instance, and the LCD-2 (though I haven't heard that one).  Some people just get all prissy about having bass in their music for some reason. :p

Read my post again and I think you'll see that what I wrote was the exact same as you just did sir. :) 
He was being all like, "Every audiophile wants neutral headphones with no bass..".

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #7,616 of 23,366
Quote:
Do not register the product and I will buy it from you! Seriously!

I will receive it, listen to it, judge it for myself, in person, and one of either two things will happen:
  • I love the sound and the leakage isn't bad, which would mean I keep it and order some more shields.
  • I love the sound but the leakage is bad, or I just dislike the sound, which would mean I would either sell or return it. 

I highly doubt the sound will be bad, which leaves me only worrying about the leakage. If it really is horrible, I'll either sell or return it to Val. I would honestly feel bad selling them though, as this was such a good-will gesture from Val to the v-moda fanbase.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #7,617 of 23,366
I will receive it, listen to it, judge it for myself, in person, and one of either two things will happen:
  1. I love the sound and the leakage isn't bad, which would mean I keep it and order some more shields.
  2. I love the sound but the leakage is bad, or I just dislike the sound, which would mean I would either sell or return it. 

I highly doubt the sound will be bad, which leaves me only worrying about the leakage. If it really is horrible, I'll either sell or return it to Val. I would honestly feel bad selling them though, as this was such a good-will gesture from Val to the v-moda fanbase.

I noticed you are from Canada... Dang !

Enjoy it and if you travel, pick the bus, train etc, with flock of seniors and retired! They would not mind that tiny little whisper coming from from your M-100 at full blast! :D

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #7,619 of 23,366
Quote:
  • I love the sound and the leakage isn't bad, which would mean I keep it and order some more shields.
  • I love the sound but the leakage is bad, or I just dislike the sound, which would mean I would either sell or return it. 

Leakage will be a non-issue, man. I rock my V-80s everyday with Kpop blasting and no one hears it. I use a cMoyBB and have the volume on my sourse (Infuse 4G) at about 80% and my cMoyBB turn just a notch or two below halfway. I turn it up louder if I'm on the subway, but if they are leaking at that volume, I'm still on a subway. Subway noise > V-80 leakage.

There were only a few times where the leakage was overwhelming and it was when I handed my cMoyBB and V-80s to some n00b friends of mine to try with their iPhones and they immediately turned the volume knob to MAX. With the headphones on their head it sounded like they were playing music through the phone's internal speaker at 75% volume. I doubt you would wear them on your head at that volume. Apple iBuds. Those stupid things leak!

Is it just me, or does it seem like anytime someone's headphones/IEMs are turned up too loud and leaking it's always hip-hop or rap? Are these the only music types that leak?

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #7,620 of 23,366
Id really like to see some more pictures of the M100 on people´s heads...I understand that many wont want to upload to a public website though so perhaps Val could release a couple more...I have a tiny head so headphones look stupid on me :frowning2: 

Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back