V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 10, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #7,576 of 23,366
Quote:
BRSxIgnition is only so worried because they want to listen to extra-dirty soundtracks in public.

I'm assuming, of course. 
k701smile.gif

Bahahaha - nah.

If I'm going to be completely honest, it's because I listen to quite a bit of Japanese and Vocaloid, and some people dislike Japanese voices to the point of insulting my choices in music and such. I like what I like, I can't stop that - and I don't want to bug others with it if possible..

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #7,577 of 23,366
Quote:

And here's where the M-100 will not fail to satisfy. To me the bass on the M-100s is absolutely magical - let's just say that because of this single feature, I'm actually finding myself looking for new tracks that will emphasise on that feature. Is it deep? Yes. Is it controlled - very much so. Is it smooth & textured, h3ll yeah. And finally, is it addictive? Yes it is.

No I'm not a basshead but if liking the M-100 bass (specifically 'cos I don't really like the bass in the other bass-heavy headphones) means I'm a basshead, then I guess I am - an M-100 basshead.

Final closing keyword: Rumble!!

Anak,

Seeing that you have the Fostex TH900s (which is similar to the D7000s but more refined... supposedly :wink:) and the Sony MDR-1R, meaning, both end of the spectrum in dynamic headphones (i.e. the most expensive dynamic probably and a DIRECT competitor to the M100s and one in which I'm also interested in -- love the silver/brown combo of the Sonys), will you be comparing them in detail or at least have a section where you compare these 2 guys against the M100s?

Yeah yeah, I know comparing the TH900s might probably not be a good idea (especially at both ends, highs and lows) but REALLY interested in your MDR-1R views...

Thanks.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #7,578 of 23,366
Quote:
Bahahaha - nah.

If I'm going to be completely honest, it's because I listen to quite a bit of Japanese and Vocaloid, and some people dislike Japanese voices to the point of insulting my choices in music and such. I like what I like, I can't stop that - and I don't want to bug others with it if possible..

There's definitely no shame in it, but I definitely understand because I get weird looks when I listen to that kind of music too. I guess it doesn't help that I get most of the music through anime though lol.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #7,579 of 23,366
There's definitely no shame in it, but I definitely understand because I get weird looks when I listen to that kind of music too. I guess it doesn't help that I get most of the music through anime though lol.

Thanks, I should be getting my M-100's sometime around the beginning of the week next week. (Monday-Wednesday) I should be able to check the isolation, leakage, and everything else then. Here's hoping they're great. For now, I look forward to your review Anakchan. 

In the case they are great - I plan on ordering a second set of shields on top of the customs that come with them. Which one of these would you recommend I use?​
 ​

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #7,581 of 23,366
Quote:

And here's where the M-100 will not fail to satisfy. To me the bass on the M-100s is absolutely magical - let's just say that because of this single feature, I'm actually finding myself looking for new tracks that will emphasise on that feature. Is it deep? Yes. Is it controlled - very much so. Is it smooth & textured, h3ll yeah. And finally, is it addictive? Yes it is.

No I'm not a basshead but if liking the M-100 bass (specifically 'cos I don't really like the bass in the other bass-heavy headphones) means I'm a basshead, then I guess I am - an M-100 basshead.

Final closing keyword: Rumble!!

Wonderful to hear!  Thank you for the reply Anak.  

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #7,582 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm going to disappoint. I was going to put it within 24 hrs of my previous post (which you're referring to) but tonight's dinner with Val & friends sorta ran in quite late. Not to mention me being a light weight drinker nursing a headache now after only 2 glasses of red and 1 of white. As such, if I may please say 24 hrs from now (i.e. probably Thursday night Tokyo time).

Val, I don't think I did, but if I said anything stupid tonight, I apologise.

Absolutely, we've waited for so long already, what's another day? :)
A quickie though? Bass vs m80? :wink:

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #7,584 of 23,366
Quote:
Doesn't seem like a problem for all the other designs V-MODA posts to their facebook. I used to be careful with the edges, but I keep seeing finished designs that totally disregard them.

I was going to say the same thing as tus, but he beat me to it. In any case let me know if they're accepted and you get them, I'd like to know about that. Pics too if you can, always cool to show off your custom shields! 
L3000.gif

I do have a question before I can give my opinion on the shield designs though. Is the design Supercell's logo? If it is, I would say go with the supercell one, if not, I would just go with the logo only.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #7,585 of 23,366
Quote:

I wouldn't be so fast to conclude that, I think this is one thing to think of, not to disrespect the reviewer but you do see a great deal of people with 10 - 250 posts ordering M100 here which often also lack experience with testing many different headphones, I don't know how the Stanton compares like but I assume they must be very bassheavy and there skews this reviewers interpretion of what's a lot of bass and not, M100 is said to have a little more bass than M80, anything more than M80 is surely basshead-material in my book.

However, it may be that the bass quality is of very good quality which is what I'm suspecting so it doesn't sound overly bassy for the measured quantity and is more controlled and punchy. I believe Val was speaking about +8-9dB elevated boost at 100Hz compared to 1-2kHz earlier which is a significant amount, similar to that of M-Audio Q40 and Ultrasone PRO900 which I'd personally definitely concider basshead material. :D

I just hope the bass doesn't roll of too much at 20~50Hz, I mean we know it may have a significant boost in the midbass range but how about subbass range? ^^ I do prefer slight roll-off very deep down low personally because it helps to make a punchier and tight bass but everything is relative, too much is bad and too subbass heavy is also bad. :)

Very true, in addition how is the clarity and detail of the mid bass on the Q40 compared to the Dt 990

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #7,587 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm going to disappoint. I was going to put it within 24 hrs of my previous post (which you're referring to) but tonight's dinner with Val & friends sorta ran in quite late. Not to mention me being a light weight drinker nursing a headache now after only 2 glasses of red and 1 of white. As such, if I may please say 24 hrs from now (i.e. probably Thursday night Tokyo time).

Val, I don't think I did, but if I said anything stupid tonight, I apologise.

Haha...

Go for a drunken review mate...should make for an interesting read! 

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #7,590 of 23,366
Haha...

Go for a drunken review mate...should make for an interesting read! 

Lol, by this point I think it would be more of a grumpy hangover review... If the M-100 still came out strong despite the testing "environment," that would sure say a lot! Most of the people I know wish they were in sound deprivation chambers once the alcohol high wears off.

Anakchan,
If you are awake... I know there are tons of homebrew sobriety concoctions and hangover cures, but scientifically the best cure (aside from a blood transfusion) is drinking lots of water and/or juicy foods. The ache is, in simplified terms, due to dehydration. You'll probably have to use the bathroom a bunch, but as long as you replace the water you use doing that, the ill-effects of drinking will be purged even faster.

If you already knew that, then consider it just a PSA for all new drinkers who might be reading this thread :wink: I personally have never had a hangover because I always drink more water (and some mix drinks with Gatoraid are good too, has that sports drink made it over to Japan?), even though I've had waaaay too much to drink a few times (Imagine a guy who is so lightweight that he starts to slightly slur words after 3 cm of a mojito, and is buzzed after one bar-typical serving of Disarrona Amaretto... drinking 3 vodka & cokes, 3 Amaretto & Bailey glasses, and a shot of something 50% pure alcohol and 50% the fires of hell, somehow not puking, yet drinking enough water to not have a hangover and be the first to wake the next day and get my new brother-in-law to his wedding on time. It was that kind of a night.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back