V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 10, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #7,531 of 23,366
Quote:
Well I personally don't have too much experience with closed-back headphones, but from what I've read, the Beyer DT1350 has some of the best noise isolation of any headphone (a whopping -19 dB according to Innerfidelity). Also, it seems that the AIAIAI is measured to be at -10 dB, while the HD25-i-ii is at -14 dB. The AKG K550 is also rated at -14 dB so you might want to check those out too.
Actually I went to an Apple Store recently and the new Logitech UE6000 has pretty good noise isolation (Innerfidelity says it's at -14 dB).
.....or you can try a Beats Solo HD with a measurement of -17 dB (no seriously they have terrific noise isolation, the sound quality isn't very good though)

Someone help me out here.

Does noise isolation refer to the user not hearing the outside world?
What's the term for the rest of the world not hearing the headphones? Leakage?

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #7,533 of 23,366
Descretesound thank you for your input. :frowning2:( it seems like most first testers not impressed with passive Isolation Issue . Now I am wondering if they were really geared towards DJs or more of a cosume hi fidelity market ??? Like I said will have it by Friday . Will bring LPs and 100s to the club and test them out.

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #7,537 of 23,366
Ok. Just tested the leakage in the library. music was played at 50% volume and nobody giving me a killer stare. I think I am just over-reacting on the leakage :)

If it were me, I would have been straining myself to get a good look at those headphones since I've never seen them before. :wink:

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #7,538 of 23,366
Quote:
If it were me, I would have been straining myself to get a good look at those headphones since I've never seen them before.
wink.gif

"Could it be...? That guy has the M-100's...!"

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #7,540 of 23,366
Haha, I've yet to see one single other person here in Amsterdam with V-Moda headphones.

By the way I've always found the leakage on the M80s to be very minimal, so I'm not at all concerned about the M100s.

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #7,541 of 23,366
Quote:
LOVE/HATE CUSTOM RELATIONSHIP 
Head-Fi customers, I talked to customer service again the second I woke up and the issue they said is "customs".  It must of been too early, bc I said "What, WE DIDN'T DO THEIR CUSTOMS" (thinking somehow the laser engraving was not done).  After a quick cup of Jo, I realized they meant customs clearance is stuck and it has been an absurdly long time compared to normal.

Mind you, this shipment was sent like 2 day air!  I apologize, but it is out of our hands for the remaining units.  The only thing we can do is call and bug them over and over... We feel your pain more than you do, trust me!

Now you know what we go through once in a while in product development, random customs hold-ups hitting always at the worst times.

So, let's all take a collective deep breath and curb the shipping talk and focus on the product if we can!    

LOVE custom shields, HATE custom clearance holdups.

-V

trading in their shields at the customs.. to the chant of " VMODA VMODA VMODA...!! "

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #7,543 of 23,366
Regarding all the leakage talk -- IMO it's not just leakage, it's the combination of leakage and isolation such that when you are listening at comfortable levels, those around you can't hear it.  If you're sitting in the library at 85% volume, then I am not sure there are any headphones out there that won't leak that out.  Sitting here right now I turned the volume up to what I would consider above comfortable for me, took them off and can barely make out that there's music playing over the hum of the pc.

Also keep in mind, the 'volume' on the player is totally subjective based on the source material.  In this test the next song came on and I could clearly hear it, so I turned the volume down to where I could not hear it anymore....Put the headphones on and still had to turn it down again for comfortable listening levels.

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #7,544 of 23,366
As far as I can tell, the M-100 seems to have better scalability than M-80, that is, M-100 has a larger room for improvement when amped. Both M-80 and M-100 are highly sensitive, so they can still be driven efficiently by anything, even straight out of an iPhone. I own V-MODA's portable DAC/amp VAMP, and although I enjoyed the M-80 with it, I felt the improvement of an having an amp wasn't significant for the M-80. On the other hand, I can clearly hear a decent improvement with the M-100, comparing un-amped vs. amped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back