V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #7,366 of 23,366
I never said you were a troll, but I still don't really think it's necessary or a good idea. Given we've got

-V-Moda Shield Discussion!
-V-Moda M-100 Discussion!
-V-Moda M-100/VTF-100 Discussion!

That's way more threads than necessary.

But hey, I don't really care.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #7,367 of 23,366
Quote:
I never said you were a troll, but I still don't really think it's necessary or a good idea. Given we've got

-V-Moda Shield Discussion!
-V-Moda M-100 Discussion!
-V-Moda M-100/VTF-100 Discussion!

That's way more threads than necessary.

But hey, I don't really care.

I think the "shipping posts" will subside once more people get their units, we're trying our hardest!  I'll do an unboxing and intro video this week.

And it is true, our team is using the models that went through the destructive test labs, drop tests, scratch tests, environment and various phases.  We are sending the people the models that passed!  I'll have to wait until the next production run, but we always beat ours up thoroughly for accelerated real-life testing.

M-100/VAMP/VAMP VERSA
I'm testing M-100 now with the Vamps as I have been using the iPhone 5 for the last few days, holy smokes.  The soundstage and clarity is unreal compared to stock output, I am shocked.  Now I remember why I was tuning M-100/VAMP together months ago (I then had to tune to stock output as that will be most consumers).  

I hope to see some of you @ Canjam!

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #7,368 of 23,366
Quote:
Although I too would be pissing myself with excitement, PLEASE go thru the steps with prepping these for review e.g. burn in & proper allowed usage time. You may be putting one of the first impressions on head-fi and it is paramount that your impressions be well founded as A LOT of people will be reading it. no pressure.

Hopefully I'll be home in a hour so as soon I get there will be like Christmas morning 
biggrin.gif
 I'll be doing my best and then sharing with everyone here 
wink_face.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #7,369 of 23,366
I'm hoping this was just a typo in my email, but it says:

Express should be 3 - 5, and priority should be 6 - 10, from what I've heard. Should I assume a typo? When I follow the tracking number, it just says: 

I chose express as well and I must say it it quite a bit faster. my M-100's will be delivered on late Tuesday or Wednesday which is 3 or 4 buisness days not including today as its not getting moved today due to Canada Post not collecting or delivering packages today (Thanksgiving). But with that message you were getting I had that until Saturday night when it finally updated the status saying that it left LA that morning. And with priority it can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks so I think express was the right choice.

Hope this helps,

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #7,371 of 23,366
Quote:
I think the "shipping posts" will subside once more people get their units, we're trying our hardest!  I'll do an unboxing and intro video this week.

And it is true, our team is using the models that went through the destructive test labs, drop tests, scratch tests, environment and various phases.  We are sending the people the models that passed!  I'll have to wait until the next production run, but we always beat ours up thoroughly for accelerated real-life testing.

M-100/VAMP/VAMP VERSA
I'm testing M-100 now with the Vamps as I have been using the iPhone 5 for the last few days, holy smokes.  The soundstage and clarity is unreal compared to stock output, I am shocked.  Now I remember why I was tuning M-100/VAMP together months ago (I then had to tune to stock output as that will be most consumers).  

I hope to see some of you @ Canjam!

Val, I wouldn't worry too much, there will be lots of unboxing videos etc... in the days to come.  I am planning on videoing mine, but not posting my horribly unqualified review until after the weekend...probably after my long airline flight a week from today.

Those of us that can't dump the coin (yet) on a VAMP would love to know though, would you say the M100 benefits from something as simple as a FiiO and LOD?  I know you don't want to talk up/down the competition, but it'd be good to know if there is something small we can do to get the most out of (what I will take the liberty of calling) your masterpiece.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #7,375 of 23,366
Quote:
as Val said, once people start getting their units the conversations will thankfully shift from "my are shipping" "mine aren't shipping" into impressions and eventually reviews
beyersmile.png

Of course it will. Except this thread is peppered by so many irrelevant posts, including mine. This makes it difficult for new people to follow key discussions and reviews.
For example, someone will post his/her review, and then someone will follow up with, "Mine has not arrived", or "Mine is coming tomorrow". 

Perhaps all reviews should go here then: http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-crossfade-m-100

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #7,376 of 23,366
Of course it will. Except this thread is peppered by so many irrelevant posts, including mine. This makes it difficult for new people to follow key discussions and reviews.
For example, someone will post his/her review, and then someone will follow up with, "Mine has not arrived", or "Mine is coming tomorrow". 

Perhaps all reviews should go here then: http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-crossfade-m-100

What about the 5 other threads related to the M-100? Including this "Discussions/Feedback, Reviews" thread and the "appreciation thread".

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #7,377 of 23,366
Quote:
Why do you think that? According to the tracking info it did start shipping out on thursday, and and got as far as Ontario, California by Saturday. Theres been no new update except to give me an estimated reciept date.

Well I'm just saying, if it were three day shipping it'd be three days after the beginning of shipment (barring weekend & holidays of course, but if it shipped thursday that's thursday and friday added to the tally)

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #7,378 of 23,366
Quote:
Well I'm just saying, if it were three day shipping it'd be three days after the beginning of shipment (barring weekend & holidays of course, but if it shipped thursday that's thursday and friday added to the tally)

You'd think that right? Shipping is always interesting when ordering close to the weekend, even moreso a long weekend. Apparantly they're only counting Friday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and the estimation may or may not be long just to give them a buffer zone in case of delays.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #7,379 of 23,366
Quote:
You'd think that right? Shipping is always interesting when ordering close to the weekend, even moreso a long weekend. Apparantly they're only counting Friday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and the estimation may or may not be long just to give them a buffer zone in case of delays.

Americano, si? Then hopefully it shouldn't take that long. I live in MA, and whenever I've ordered from V-Moda I always get them only about four days max after they ship. But there is a reason why columbus day is one of my least favorite holidays (besides the fact that my college doesn't give me a day off =.=) I don't think the processing and delivery stuff halts on the weekends though, so we'll see.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #7,380 of 23,366
Quote:
What about the 5 other threads related to the M-100? Including this "Discussions/Feedback, Reviews" thread and the "appreciation thread".

None of these threads are shipping specific. We could have easily organised better by having threads for different purposes.
M-100 Development, M-100 Shipping, VTF-100/M-100 Pre-release Reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back