V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #7,261 of 23,366
Quote:

basshead.gif
 Looks gorgeous!!! 
I've been thinking a silly stuff, but had anyone tried to plug two different cables, one in each port playing different songs?
Would it mix both songs together? Yeah I know it's crazy, I'm just curious to know what'd happen 
blink.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #7,263 of 23,366
Head-Fi Familia:

"V THE PEOPLE!"
So, I was in NYC and finished an interview with Nylon magazine last week.  The Deli shop owner asked me if I was wearing V-MODAs.  I said yes and let him try the M-100s.  He said wow, then I told him I owned the company and he was floored.  He went back behind the counter for a few seconds and then came back to my table...

He said, you know what, every other company hires celebs/rappers, why don't you say "V-MODA is for the people, like Tony from Brooklyn, an aspring musician and normal person", or "this is ____ [forgot] from queens, rocking V-MODAs in between three people on a crowded subway".

I said, WOW, just like the product was developed by listening to everybody, even this campaign was truly developed by the people, not a corporate marketing machine.  I then thought of this saying, "V THE PEOPLE!".

Just thought I'd share this cool anecdote!...

TUNE IN TOKYO
I'm in Tokyo to finish a new VAMP, I'll catch up soon and I am meeting w Anakchan tonight for dinner.  It has been QUITE busy for me with media interviews, M-100 launch plans, travels and moving houses.  

TUNE OUT IN VENICE
I need a break soon, so I am going to take it in Italy in a few weeks and I am sending all my phones and technology to myself via the slowest way I can in the mail. I told Steve Guttenberg from CNET I've been toying with the idea of only launching two more totally new headphones, ever!  I'll be sketching all future V-MODA products while I am in Italy sans technology (except a camera).

-V

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #7,264 of 23,366
Quote:
basshead.gif
 Looks gorgeous!!! 
I've been thinking a silly stuff, but had anyone tried to plug two different cables, one in each port playing different songs?
Would it mix both songs together? Yeah I know it's crazy, I'm just curious to know what'd happen 
blink.gif

Yes, it'll play both sources and acts as a virtual mixer!

-v

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #7,266 of 23,366
Quote:
It's official people. A deli shop owner was wow'd by the M-100's. Best headphones ever

ROTFL. Endorsed by Deli shop owner from Manhattan. 

I'm trying to get a "dead moose" to endorse Revolver. 

-V

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #7,267 of 23,366
Quote:
Head-Fi Familia:

"V THE PEOPLE!"
So, I was in NYC and finished an interview with Nylon magazine last week.  The Deli shop owner asked me if I was wearing V-MODAs.  I said yes and let him try the M-100s.  He said wow, then I told him I owned the company and he was floored.  He went back behind the counter for a few seconds and then came back to my table...

He said, you know what, every other company hires celebs/rappers, why don't you say "V-MODA is for the people, like Tony from Brooklyn, an aspring musician and normal person", or "this is ____ [forgot] from queens, rocking V-MODAs in between three people on a crowded subway".

I said, WOW, just like the product was developed by listening to everybody, even this campaign was truly developed by the people, not a corporate marketing machine.  I then thought of this saying, "V THE PEOPLE!".

Just thought I'd share this cool anecdote!...

TUNE IN TOKYO
I'm in Tokyo to finish a new VAMP, I'll catch up soon and I am meeting w Anakchan tonight for dinner.  It has been QUITE busy for me with media interviews, M-100 launch plans, travels and moving houses.  

TUNE OUT IN VENICE
I need a break soon, so I am going to take it in Italy in a few weeks and I am sending all my phones and technology to myself via the slowest way I can in the mail. I told Steve Guttenberg from CNET I've been toying with the idea of only launching two more totally new headphones, ever!  I'll be sketching all future V-MODA products while I am in Italy sans technology (except a camera).

-V

You really do need a break soon!  We've been giving you enough trouble for the past few months, it's the least you deserve!  Thanks for all of your hard work, we all really appreciate it over here!

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #7,269 of 23,366
Quote:
You really do need a break soon!  We've been giving you enough trouble for the past few months, it's the least you deserve!  Thanks for all of your hard work, we all really appreciate it over here!

It was definitely a learning experience, it was like a "spiral crowd-source product development".  We've never done anything like this before, so next time we'll be able to do it better! Now you know how we feel internally when things get delayed due to quality and changes. 
Quote:
Thanks Val! I live trying to mix audio stuff like different guitar pedals to amps. Nothing really special, it's just nice to see what we can do with songs when mixing distinct devices 
biggrin.gif

Oh wow, didn't think about that.  Can mix your guitar into a song.  Or put classical to spoken audio, or two smartphone virtual decks.  I wonder what other things people will find for use of the dual input jacks.

Apologies for delays
apologies for shipping anxieties, please understand we are negative units from those produced vs the demands and they shipped as many as they could last Friday as we got the boom mics in.  I also am going to be perfectly honest, I did not get to personally inspect each and every unit, only about 15-20%. But I had two LA techs inspect them and I wrote as many notes as those requested by Friday.  It was quite a stressful week, I moved houses, dealt with a lot of contract issues and then went to NYC on the same day as M-100s were ready. It has been the most stressful and busy days of my life, by a million miles.  

I learned I am only human, and I should under-promise and over-deliver even better in the future.

Sometimes I get anxiety to check the forums as I care TOO much about each and every person's opinion!  I know I won't be able to please every person, every time, but if we can get the majority of the time we are good. 

200, then MP2!
After a few more verdicts are in, I'll press the green button to make the second round.  There are only about 200 total units in the wild and they are harder to find than the fountain of youth.  

M-100 1 YR CANJAM ANNIVERSARY CAKE
We should get a cake at the CanJam this weekend to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of M-100  prototype testing with the public.  I fly straight from CanJam to Europe where I'll be mostly offline and refresh for the next project!

It is quite a big responsibility to make everyone happy and although it is exhilarating, it can be nerve-wrecking too.

Cheers!

ADD/EDIT:

MITCH HEDBERG JOKE
[size=15pt]Y'know, you can't please all the people all the time... and last night, all those people were at my show.[/size] 
[size=10pt]Mitch Hedberg [/size]

[size=10pt](R.I.P.)[/size]

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #7,270 of 23,366
Quote:
Apologies for delays
apologies for shipping anxieties, please understand we are negative units from those produced vs the demands and they shipped as many as they could last Friday as we got the boom mics in.

Does this mean it will be a while for the other units to ship?

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #7,272 of 23,366
Quote:
Does this mean it will be a while for the other units to ship?

More ship Monday and I'll have customer service give a full update.  I'm in Tokyo and flew on Friday so I am a few days out of sync w LA team. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back