V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 7, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #7,246 of 23,366
Quote:
I've been on this thread for months and I haven't said anything but I can't hold it back anymore. Whats with all the people on this thread being into My Little Pony?!?!?!?!?!?!? Not that there's anything wrong with it but seriously, whats up with that? I half expect people on here to start posting pictures of their new M-100's with MLP shields.

I welcome the curiosity. It's a great show, I recommend it, but people still look at you funny when the topic is brought up. Do people get looked at funny if they say they love doctor who? or star wars? or star trek? Part of why I love it is the extremely welcoming and understanding online community, and the tons of fan-art that comes with it(seriously there is a LOT of it). Now I didn't go all the way and get MLP customized shields, I went with a picture I found and my own custom text.

But I did make a MLP design to possibly buy in the future if I feel like it.

It's not "in your face" so people who don't watch the show won't get disgusted, while signaling my brony status to the bronys I haven't met yet in public, win-win.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #7,247 of 23,366
Starting to regret not going with my original simpler shield design idea.​

​
What do you guys think? I'm thinking that if the M-100 sounds as good as Val is touting, then I may get a second set with the above color/symbol. (White M-100's btw.)​

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #7,248 of 23,366
Quote:
Starting to regret not going with my original simpler shield design idea.​

​
What do you guys think? I'm thinking that if the M-100 sounds as good as Val is touting, then I may get a second set with the above color/symbol. (White M-100's btw.)​

Yea, I like this simpler design better also. The other one was a lil crowded but it does represent the things you love. :) A second set will never hurt. ^^

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #7,249 of 23,366
Quote:
I've been on this thread for months and I haven't said anything but I can't hold it back anymore. Whats with all the people on this thread being into My Little Pony?!?!?!?!?!?!? Not that there's anything wrong with it but seriously, whats up with that? I half expect people on here to start posting pictures of their new M-100's with MLP shields.

deadhorse.gif
 Dude lost my sleep here, but you just saved my night 
popcorn.gif
 I almost woke up the neighbors laughing 
biggrin.gif

But yes, that's pretty much possible, and understandable if you look from other perspectives. Like people who loves the super-heroes, super-man, flash, batman and so on would like to engrave these kinda stuff on their shields. I totally got your point of view, which was pretty funny. I believe that anything that we don't expect ourselves engraving on our own shields at all, when we see people doing so it might sound "surprising".

At first I wanted to engrave the thunder from AC/DC logo, got that it wasn't possible right after reading V-Moda's conditions. Then, still trying to connect my matte back with brushed shields to my favorite band "without violating the terms" I thought about the cannon from "for those about the rock", however thought'd be too cliche, so time to move on. Have really no idea if my matte black will come with the brushed shields or with my second option as shiny black, think my new "engraving possibility" worked so I'm just waiting.

Btw I wish I could pick my package up personally, I live in LA and I suspect pretty close from Val's office, got my cans stuck at the UPS center, not far from here, that probably will delivery it only on Tuesday. For me this will work fine too if on Tuesday, neighbors are stealing packages here 
angry_face.gif
 so I must be home all day until the UPS guy comes, dear God 
confused_face.gif

Anyways, it is sure that we'll see all types of shield engravings after everyone starts getting them in hands. Even after all I wanted to get a cooler design, but I got my pre-order on September 2nd, didn't want to take so long deciding what to engrave and have nothing later. There are lots of cool stuffs to engrave if you have time to research your remarkable memories, or/and if you are a creative designer surely a bunch of ideas will come out and you'll want to do all of them 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #7,250 of 23,366
Quote:

There is a whole subculture with conventions that was highlighted on the Howard Stern show.  It is ...................interesting.

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #7,251 of 23,366
Quote:
There is a whole subculture with conventions that was highlighted on the Howard Stern show.  It is ...................interesting.

Never judge the culture by what you see on the media. The media loves to distort reality to make for the most sensational story. the MLP culture on reddit and 4chan are much more docile and understanding. It's not as sick and disgusting as you're led to believe.

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #7,252 of 23,366
Quote:
Never judge the culture by what you see on the media. The media loves to distort reality to make for the most sensational story. the MLP culture on reddit and 4chan are much more docile and understanding. It's not as sick and disgusting as you're led to believe.

>4chan
>docile and understanding

I never thought I'd see the day when those phrases would be in the same sentence.

Reddit? Sure, although there's obviously some subreddits that are monstrously slanted (r/politics and r/atheism tend to be the biggest culprits). But who am I kidding, I spend way too much time on Reddit.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #7,253 of 23,366
Quote:
>4chan
>docile and understanding

I never thought I'd see the day when those phrases would be in the same sentence.

Reddit? Sure, although there's obviously some subreddits that are monstrously slanted (r/politics and r/atheism tend to be the biggest culprits). But who am I kidding, I spend way too much time on Reddit.

I was talking about the MLP board and subreddit on the sites. Never go to /b/ or /r/spacedicks, you've been warned.

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #7,255 of 23,366
Quote:
I was talking about the MLP board and subreddit on the sites. Never go to /b/ or /r/spacedicks, you've been warned.

He's right. Do NOT go there. I know curiosity and me saying don't do it makes you want to do it, but just don't do it.
The horror!!!

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #7,256 of 23,366
Quote:

I've never really visited reddit, but I've seen a lot of really awful things in the /mlp area of 4chan. I wouldn't cite it as a source, aheh. But for the most part, you're right. I don't know what the 'media' is saying about the new MLP craze/subculture, but I've never heard them say anything along the lines that they're sick/disgusting :L

I mean hey, I'm part of the furry fandom. People just assume that means I get busy in animal costumes. Like you say about your MLP fandom, the truths about it are usually grossly exaggerated and just plain not true. The media doesn't slander the furry fandom nearly as badly as they use to; in fact, many stations realize how much our conventions boost the economy of the area, and that we're very kind, accepting, fun-loving people. So there's that.

What gets me about the MLP fandom now is the fact that it's been almost entirely built on the Gen. 4 show, Friendship is Magic. The show's been on since the 80's technically, but I'd say the fandom was brought about pretty much solely by FiM. That generation of MLP has been airing since 2010, and to see the size of the fandom and the amount of influence it has with meets, conventions, etc, is astounding/slightly baffling to me. Not to say I hate it (the show's enjoyable, but I can't see myself surrounding myself with memorabilia and arguing about who is 'best pony'), but I'm just a little confused on how the fandom completely exploded like it did.

/thread derailment

Come on, only about another week before we should all have these!

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #7,257 of 23,366
It's true, the child-like avatars and adolescent shield designs represented in this thread has given me pause for concern in my quest for the M-100's.  Questioning my own status in the target audience for these headphones. Fortunately, I have chalked it up as a superficial demographic anomaly and trudged onward. 

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #7,260 of 23,366
Quote:
It's true, the child-like avatars and adolescent shield designs represented in this thread has given me pause for concern in my quest for the M-100's.  Questioning my own status in the target audience for these headphones. Fortunately, I have chalked it up as a superficial demographic anomaly and trudged onward. 

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen a whole lot of these "child-like" avatars and shield designs, maybe like 2 or 3 of them, including mine. It is very much in the minority. It does beg the question though, what makes you think that just because some of us like what society has pressured us not to means that these headphones are any less worth you're time? I do agree with your last statement, just because I happen to like a certain show, doesn't arbitrarily mean that I am not going to be interested in other things like great headphones. It a bit disconcerting that, correct me if I'm wrong, you're so close-minded as to suddenly doubt a certain product solely based on what shows that product's fanbase likes. My apoligies if that sounds I'm trying to pick a fight, I really am curious and would like to keep things civil so that this thread doesn't become a flame war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back