V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #7,081 of 23,366
Quote:
After some reactive posts yesterday to similar comments from another, I should have known better unless I was trying to stir the pot, which I was not.  I still feel Val benefits from, and deserves to hear, critical feedback as well as accolades.

Most certainly. Every entrepreneur benefits from critical feedback. But with such a strong word as "resentment" you're just hitting the hornet's nest with a broom. But let me ask you, what does Val and V-Moda benefit from us whining about a product delay? Maybe a few disgruntled impatient customers, but the experience they're delivering is a personalized gift to priveliged members of the community that overall will please the greater community. It benefits the company more to roll out a satisfactory product than to satisfy the impatient minority with a (potentially) faulty product. He gains nothing to gain in terms of changing his design and visionary policies by hearing people complain that they don't have their product yet when it comes in only a week or two more.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #7,082 of 23,366
Quote:
Most certainly. Every entrepreneur benefits from critical feedback. But with such a strong word as "resentment" you're just hitting the hornet's nest with a broom. But let me ask you, what does Val and V-Moda benefit from us whining about a product delay? Maybe a few disgruntled impatient customers, but the experience they're delivering is a personalized gift to priveliged members of the community that overall will please the greater community. It benefits the company more to roll out a satisfactory product than to satisfy the impatient minority with a (potentially) faulty product. He gains nothing to gain in terms of changing his design and visionary policies by hearing people complain that they don't have their product yet when it comes in only a week or two more.

I have apologized.  Could someone please cut me some slack and change the subject?

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #7,083 of 23,366
Locking this thread for a few hours to encourage people to calm down.  Unlocked now.

Going to tell you all a story while you wait instead.

I was out with my daughter yesterday (the one in my avatar), quite happily going about things, when she spotted something she wanted.  How quickly she turned from being happy to being sad! I said no, of course, and she was unhappy all the way home. I asked her, What's changed? I'm still here. You're still here. Mum is still at home. So is your brother. The sky is still blue. You haven't lost anything. Nothing has changed. But you are sad? Why? Because you choose to be sad after seeing something you want. If you never saw that toy, you wouldn't be sad! It is all in your mind. Choose to be happy. Be thankful for what you have and not sad for what you don't. It makes for a happier life. 
smile.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #7,084 of 23,366
Hello! I fell asleep after my last post, how is everybody today? Have we continued yesterday's energetic repartee, or have the matching shoes started a whole conversation about coordinating a whole wardrobe to headphones so fashionable and welcoming-sounding as the M-100 pedigree leads us to believe?

Personally, I've been sad to have still been unable to locate my Crossfade LPs for a month (last time I remember having them, I was showing them off to a bank agent, hmm...), and of course I missed the preorder. Luckily, my photo-ad contest voucher is good through the end of the year, so hopefully I'll be able to take advantage of the next chance. I guess I AM becoming a regular head-fi'er, I'm contemplating a stable of headphones for different uses and occasions! But it makes sense to me...

You guys/gals who haven't owned a V-MODA headphone before, it is a unique experience. The construction oozes quality, feels solid without the heavy density of other electronics items. Also, I'm not a showy fashionista guy (that would be my sister, I'm the nerd), but it looked good, and it was actually fun how people would say "ooh what's that?" and I got the chance to play good-headphone evangelist. Yes, yes, the LPs are bass-heavy compared to my reference 'phones, but the sound signature was immediately friendly and impressive to anyone who has never heard better than cheapy Wally-world headphones, and like I said, a good compliment to my reference headphones. The M-100 ought to be better balanced than the Beats beater (IMO in a side-by-side) Crossfade LP, but I still expect that they'll have a warm and exciting tone, perfect for a walkabout headphone.

Roma101, who is the new avatar picture of?

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #7,086 of 23,366
A tidbit of info from Innerfidelity (posted 10/2)

"V-Moda M-100 - Seems that Val has pushed the button on these, and has told me a pair will be showing up shortly. Been waiting quite a while for him to be happy with this new baby. My fingers are crossed."

www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-october-2012-update

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #7,087 of 23,366
Val tweeted this last night, "Chapter 8 of my life starts today."  My body twitched and was marked with a distinct bowel contraction.  But within seconds I quickly reminded myself that Chapter 11 is the one to fear.  Going to buy some clorox now.  Y'all behave and keep this thread open now.

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #7,089 of 23,366
Looks like you own a miscolored Luxray. Thunder be Thundering.
Quote:
While waiting for the thread to open back up, my cat 'Thunder', imposes his own lockout.  He's 25 lbs. of claw, hair and teeth.  I'll wait this one out.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #7,090 of 23,366
Quote:
Hello! I fell asleep after my last post, how is everybody today? Have we continued yesterday's energetic repartee, or have the matching shoes started a whole conversation about coordinating a whole wardrobe to headphones so fashionable and welcoming-sounding as the M-100 pedigree leads us to believe?
Personally, I've been sad to have still been unable to locate my Crossfade LPs for a month (last time I remember having them, I was showing them off to a bank agent, hmm...), and of course I missed the preorder. Luckily, my photo-ad contest voucher is good through the end of the year, so hopefully I'll be able to take advantage of the next chance. I guess I AM becoming a regular head-fi'er, I'm contemplating a stable of headphones for different uses and occasions! But it makes sense to me...
You guys/gals who haven't owned a V-MODA headphone before, it is a unique experience. The construction oozes quality, feels solid without the heavy density of other electronics items. Also, I'm not a showy fashionista guy (that would be my sister, I'm the nerd), but it looked good, and it was actually fun how people would say "ooh what's that?" and I got the chance to play good-headphone evangelist. Yes, yes, the LPs are bass-heavy compared to my reference 'phones, but the sound signature was immediately friendly and impressive to anyone who has never heard better than cheapy Wally-world headphones, and like I said, a good compliment to my reference headphones. The M-100 ought to be better balanced than the Beats beater (IMO in a side-by-side) Crossfade LP, but I still expect that they'll have a warm and exciting tone, perfect for a walkabout headphone.
Roma101, who is the new avatar picture of?

That would be Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode (my favorite band). Other photos in the past have been of the late Michael Hutchence (lead singer of INXS, Max Q, and a brilliant solo artist and songwriter) :)

I completely agree - when I first opened the box of my M-80s I was not expecting it to be packaged that way to every minute detail (cutting the red ribbon - what a nice touch). It exudes quality all-around and really makes the customer feel appreciated IME. The build quality is stellar and the sound of my M-80s was very impressive to me out of the box and only got better in time. I always wanted to try the LP/LP2, seems like it would be a fun can to own. I've seen people in NYC rockin' matte black LP2s with gunmetal shields and they just look gorgeous to me. It hurts and delights me simultaneously when I see people rockin them - hurts 'cause I can't wait for the M-100 and obviously it makes me happy because thankfully the people have chosen some great-quality cans instead of garbage with a b on the side. 

@ robble, thanks for the shout-out and yeah that's pretty much my story lol. If I hadn't been going through some tough times during the preorder period I would've definitely jumped on it, but it would've been very irresponsible of me. But yeah I've been anticipating this headphone ever since I got my M-80 a year a go (almost exactly) and when Val hinted at a circumaural version deemed the M-100, I sent him a PM about it immediately and we had a nice convo. From there on out, I was set on this headphone and can't wait to get them in my grubby hands
very_evil_smiley.gif
And yes, when there were delays in July and August it was a bit disheartening but I think I would rather wait a long, long time for an amazing headphone than wait a short time for a not-so-great-afterall headphone. That's what has been keeping me positive this whole time. I feel like if I let any negativity come over me for whatever reason, it would probably jinx the sound of the headphones and/or not enjoy them as much (and I am usually not superstitious). As they say, good things come to those who wait. And if I have to wait till December, January, or February, I'll wait.

Especially if these $299 cans are being compared to $1000 cans (eg: Sig Pro). AnakChan's comment to Craig about waiting for these over the Sig Pros has been ringing in my head along with other things I've come to know about the M-100. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #7,091 of 23,366
I have been following this thread for 3 months now. Joined today! I am a resident DJ in North Miami Beach and headphones for me is like a watch accessory for a business man. I am patiently waiting for a pre order checking order status on daily bases for the past two weeks. I love the look, like the sound of my LPs . They are great to DJ in a medium range sound levels like outside pool parties and such. My hope, and that is why I bet $320 bucks with UPS ground delivery, that m 100 will have a much better sound isolation. When I pump that music up during my peak hours I clearly need both, sound quality for pre mix , sound isolation and finally one powerful ear sound in the headphone while the other listens to auditorium real mix sound as I twist high mid and lows during the live mix. During non mixing time I try to wear my headphones to protect my ears. So far the best results from Senh, AIAI and Sony were the AIAIAI. However their style is something to be desired. In Miami it's all about the bling! As soon as I receive my M 100, I will review how well they perform not only INVITRO but iNVIVO.

Oct 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #7,093 of 23,366
Quote:

@ robble, thanks for the shout-out and yeah that's pretty much my story lol. If I hadn't been going through some tough times during the preorder period I would've definitely jumped on it, but it would've been very irresponsible of me. But yeah I've been anticipating this headphone ever since I got my M-80 a year a go (almost exactly) and when Val hinted at a circumaural version deemed the M-100, I sent him a PM about it immediately and we had a nice convo. From there on out, I was set on this headphone and can't wait to get them in my grubby hands
very_evil_smiley.gif
And yes, when there were delays in July and August it was a bit disheartening but I think I would rather wait a long, long time for an amazing headphone than wait a short time for a not-so-great-afterall headphone. That's what has been keeping me positive this whole time. I feel like if I let any negativity come over me for whatever reason, it would probably jinx the sound of the headphones and/or not enjoy them as much (and I am usually not superstitious). As they say, good things come to those who wait. And if I have to wait till December, January, or February, I'll wait.

Especially if these $299 cans are being compared to $1000 cans (eg: Sig Pro). AnakChan's comment to Craig about waiting for these over the Sig Pros has been ringing in my head along with other things I've come to know about the M-100. 

Touché
rolleyes.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #7,094 of 23,366
Not having the greatest of nights plus the headband pad fell off my Ultrasone HFI-2400's.
frown.gif
  Some Nightwish through the HD-555's is helping me fix the mood but I can't wait to listen to Imaginaerum on the M-100.  (Yes, feeble attempt to remain on topic I know, I'm sorry.  May have had one too many beers tonight).

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #7,095 of 23,366
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

Aye aye, that's the case with the friend that got me interested in V-Moda in the first place. He's gonna pass on the M-100's until he saves up money, but he's pretty super excited for them. They're gonna be legen-wait for it-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back