V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #7,052 of 23,366
...well until they ship there isn't really anything new to talk about....i just hope they ship soon, since the item that is holding them from shipping right now(boom mic) is something i will probably never use anyway lol

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #7,054 of 23,366
Good thing I got Borderlands 2, Black Mesa, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 Episode 1, and Half-Life 2 Episode 2 to keep my mind off the M-100's until they get to me. It'll feel a lot better to not expect much, and get them randomly one day - rather than wait for them endlessly.

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #7,055 of 23,366
:frowning2: ETA on boom mics arriving in LA is mid next week ...via customer service. I've waited this long, what's another few weeks.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to swap my matte blacks for the whites (if that's still an option). The whites look so snazzy, but I'm thinking the blacks will be better for everyday wear at the office.

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #7,056 of 23,366
Quote:
:frowning2: ETA on boom mics arriving in LA is mid next week ...via customer service. I've waited this long, what's another few weeks.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to swap my matte blacks for the whites (if that's still an option). The whites look so snazzy, but I'm thinking the blacks will be better for everyday wear at the office.

D'aww, I was hoping that the M-100's would be in time for my trip to Disney World over my Fall Break. Alas, nothing can be perfect. I suppose I'll just have to enjoy my super awesome trip with friends to florida without the M-100's.

On the other hand, new headphones when I arrive back.

Prolly still an option given that we still have a week or so if we wait for the boom mics. For me, stealthy classy matte black goes with my general wardrobe of suits better.

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #7,057 of 23,366
What So now what boom mic's delayed the monday shipment!?!?!?! Then next week packaging delay, week after that another bs delay??? We went from a july 4th launch- a mid august ship- an early sept ship- a freaking early-mid october ship date??? Come on with the freaking delays holy ****!!!!!

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #7,058 of 23,366
What is a boom mic in this contex? It almost makes me think of the kind of mic that david clark and bose aviation headsets use(flexible arm that protrudes from left can that keeps mic in front of your mouth)

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #7,059 of 23,366
Quote:
What So now what boom mic's delayed the monday shipment!?!?!?! Then next week packaging delay, week after that another bs delay??? We went from a july 4th launch- a mid august ship- an early sept ship- a freaking early-mid october ship date??? Come on with the freaking delays holy ****!!!!!

Try to find a happy place......lower expectations.  Many may feel this way, but I for one don't want to experience the venom and wrath that lubczyk received yesterday for expressing his frustration and disappointment.

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #7,060 of 23,366
As much as I understand that you can't know what will happen, and as much as I side with Val & V-MODA on striving for perfection, I can honestly say that any more delays may force me to cancel my pre-order and wait for the impressions.

I love the way the company works, as well as the customization, and the build quality of the headphones - thing is, I already feel like those may not be good enough for me to get over potential flaws. (At this point, flaws I can see would be Isolation/Leakage - for my uses - as well as fit, and style.) There are so many potential winners for me coming out (see sig), I don't feel like jumping in with a headphone I'm currently unsure of (M-100) is the best thing I should be doing. 

Thoughts?

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #7,061 of 23,366
Quote:

If you want, you're free to cancel your order if you're so dissatisfied. After all, these delays suck. What did he delay for? Oh, those earlier dates were our presuppositions so that Val could get a number to produce? Oh, okay. But that 21st deadline! Oh, I guess Val wanted his own personal check on the headphones and his own handwritten thank you notes to every member. But now we're waiting for those boom mics! It's not like he hinted that we'd get a secret surprise that got leaked but was hinted when he said we were waiting for a part from a manufacturer!

Chill out, dude. They're just headphones. Finely crafted time dedicated headphones, but still headphones. I mean, even Tyll hasn't even received them yet.

From InnerFidelity's October update:
V-Moda M-100 - Seems that Val has pushed the button on these, and has told me a pair will be showing up shortly. Been waiting quite a while for him to be happy with this new baby. My fingers are crossed.

As much as I understand that you can't know what will happen, and as much as I side with Val & V-MODA on striving for perfection, I can honestly say that any more delays may force me to cancel my pre-order and wait for the impressions.

I love the way the company works, as well as the customization, and the build quality of the headphones - thing is, I already feel like those may not be good enough for me to get over potential flaws. (At this point, flaws I can see would be Isolation/Leakage - for my uses - as well as fit, and style.) There are so many potential winners for me coming out (see sig), I don't feel like jumping in with a headphone I'm currently unsure of (M-100) is the best thing I should be doing. 

Thoughts?

Only one way to find out.

And there's no way to find out for quite a few months if you drop the order. It be only a few weeks more, and you still have the V-Moda test drive guarantee. But again, you did mention those alternatives, so it is up to you.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #7,063 of 23,366
What hurts most is that val has come to new york on 2 occasions and well I live so close and it just hurts that it's been delayed so much and that its also being shipped from across the country from cali. via ground. I was hoping on bringing these to comic con but that won't be happening :frowning2:

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #7,064 of 23,366
Only one way to find out.

And there's no way to find out for quite a few months if you drop the order. It be only a few weeks more, and you still have the V-Moda test drive guarantee. But again, you did mention those alternatives, so it is up to you.

Thing is - it wouldn't be months, it would be a week or so at most for Anak-chan and Tyll's reviews. But thing is, at that point, mine would be in the mail, and I don't want to find out they're not for me, with them already being sent to me...

This is troubling me - why must all these headphones come out at once?

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #7,065 of 23,366
Quote:

Thoughts?

BRS- We are probably close to a tie for posts in this forum.  Val has done a fantastic job of buildup and generating excitement for a product he is clearly passionate about.  Many of us have enthusiastically come along for the enjoyable ride.  Having direct discussion with the CVO has been enlightening and frankly, flattering.  It would be a shame for Val's hard work and effort building buzz and excitement for the M-100 to be undermined by creating legitimate frustration and negativity among his most rabid supporters this close to the launch. 

Val, thank you for including us in this process.  No matter how long this takes, there is no way I would cut off my nose by cancelling my preorder.  However, the delays have been so long and numerous, I see a shift among some from anticipation to resentment.  It's time to toss the fledgling off the cliff and let it fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back