V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 21, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #6,541 of 23,366
Quote:

Did Val say that?

I remember the post below:

But, I don't remember how that went in the end.

This post was made in January. The M-100 has gone through a number of revisions since. So it's quite possible this is no longer true. I'm pretty sure there was at least one significant revision that was released in June. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the prototype that was made around June is the one that first used the 50mm drivers that Val finally decided to use for the M-100s. Prior to that he was undecided between the 45mm and the 50mm drivers.

However, if memory serves right (don't have time to search this for you at the moment, sorry), Val mentioned that the latest M-100 still benefits from a headphone amp.

You can have a look at the CNET review that was posted a few pages back to get an idea of how the 'final' M-100 sounds. 

And in a few weeks (maybe/hopefully), we should have some user reviews out! 
beyersmile.png

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #6,542 of 23,366
Quote:

This post was made in January. The M-100 has gone through a number of revisions since. So it's quite possible this is no longer true. I'm pretty sure there was at least one significant revision that was released in June. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the prototype that was made around June is the one that first used the 50mm drivers that Val finally decided to use for the M-100s. Prior to that he was undecided between the 45mm and the 50mm drivers.

However, if memory serves right (don't have time to search this for you at the moment, sorry), Val mentioned that the latest M-100 still benefits from a headphone amp.

You can have a look at the CNET review that was posted a few pages back to get an idea of how the 'final' M-100 sounds. 

And in a few weeks (maybe/hopefully), we should have some user reviews out! 
beyersmile.png

Thanks for trying to help, but, I think that doesn't confirm miceblue's quote on my post. If you read Val's quote on my post, he mentions he had several options: use different drivers (which idk if he already was using 50mm at the time of that post), or go for a different sound signature)

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #6,543 of 23,366
Quote:
I hate that vmoda added the midnight blue shields last minute :frowning2: I contacted customer support to go from blue to midnight blue they are just SEXY with the white m80's and will be perfect for my m100's. Hopefully they will change the order!

I believe the Midnight Blue were available with VTF-100 preorders as I think that is the color shield I ordered.

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #6,545 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah really the purple and blue shields were there with the preorder. I think the only missing shield colors we have now are Brushed Metal Black and Silver

Midnight blue wasn't an option when I did my pre-order.  The reason I know is that my engraving is a picture of my bike and I wanted it on a midnight blue shield to match, but there was a single blue color and it was really bright.  I ended up going with the dark red instead though, which I am sure will look great.

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #6,546 of 23,366
Quote:
Midnight blue wasn't an option when I did my pre-order.  The reason I know is that my engraving is a picture of my bike and I wanted it on a midnight blue shield to match, but there was a single blue color and it was really bright.  I ended up going with the dark red instead though, which I am sure will look great.

Strange, I def remember there being two different blue colors. The darker shade I believe was on the second line of colors, but that might've just been me.

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #6,549 of 23,366
Val,
Please say it isn't so.......

They might be shipping from the factory, but not our offices. Once they leave the factory, it will take a week or two to get to our warehouse. From our warehouse they will come here for processing and shipping.

We won't have the M-100 for likely 1-2 weeks.
Rock On,

(from customer service specifically asking about my VTF-100 order)

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #6,550 of 23,366
Val,

They might be shipping from the factory, but not our offices. Once they leave the factory, it will take a week or two to get to our warehouse. From our warehouse they will come here for processing and shipping.

Rock On,

wat 
triportsad.gif

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #6,552 of 23,366
Quote:
Val said they were almost there - so I think the support is talking about the full release, not the pre-release "vtf-100's",

I certainly hope so, but I even specified it was the VTF-100.  I was actually willing to pay a generous surcharge to add rush shipping, but I guess they weren't interested. 

I was willing to do a reverse Priceline where V-Moda names the price.  That's how badly I want these yesterday!

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #6,554 of 23,366
Quote:
Val,

Rock On,

We already know they've left the factory, they've also left NY and are headed over to LA for testing by Val. It's safe to say this is misinformation, probably because he thinks it's to do with the public-release versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back