V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #6,196 of 23,366
Quote:
Hi Val,
Just a few quick questions?

Facebook contest winner?
VTF-100 shipping date?
When will reviews appear online?

Thanks.

1) they are "won" and informed, but we can' announce  it public for privacy
2) as soon as I sign them and listen to them, and "I'd use them myself". They are done and shipping to US, I got about 10% of the pre-production units with me right now and I am overwhelmed... Having said that, we should ship about the  21st/22nd.  pardon my french, but m-100 is f$#ing amazing.
3)  reviews? soon!!!

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #6,197 of 23,366
Quote:

They look even better than the pictures when you get a gook look at them in the video. 

Are the first m-100s being shipped from NYC?

I wish they would ship from NYC since I am in Philly.  However, I believe they ship from Los Angeles.  Val was in New York, so final samples were sent to him there for final evaluation/approval.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #6,198 of 23,366
Quote:
I wish they would ship from NYC since I am in Philly.  However, I believe they ship from Los Angeles.  Val was in New York, so final samples were sent to him there for final evaluation/approval.

yes, I are in NYC and I have so many units of M-100s with me, it is quite silly.  I thew away a few packaging boxes to fly home and nearly cried.  

I'll put together a mini-meet in NYC next time in October.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #6,199 of 23,366
Quote:
2) as soon as I sign them and listen to them, and "I'd use them myself". They are done and shipping to US, I got about 10% of the pre-production units with me right now and I am overwhelmed... Having said that, we should ship about the  21st/22nd.  pardon my french, but m-100 is f$#ing amazing.

So your plan is still to personally review each of our units before they ship?  That's awesome if so!

SOOOO hope they ship on time.  I have a 3 week trip coming up that will include over 30 hours of airplane/airport time and that date will give the mail man plenty of time to get them in my hands before I leave.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #6,200 of 23,366
Quote:
3)  reviews? soon!!!

Aww the ship date is a few days after I leave for my trip, but they'll be here in time for my birthday!

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #6,202 of 23,366
Quote:

yes, I are in NYC and I have so many units of M-100s with me, it is quite silly.  I thew away a few packaging boxes to fly home and nearly cried.  

I'll put together a mini-meet in NYC next time in October.

It must hurt to throw out those boxes.  I am literally counting the days until they arrive and am very happy that I am in on the first production run and ordered white with grey pads. 

I was sure you were a vampire until you logged on during the day today.  Maybe you could do an amazing Halloween photo shoot complete with orange shielded M-100s?

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #6,203 of 23,366
I'd like to publicly announce my regret for not buying in white.

GODDAYMN SON!! Fine looking headphones.

That said, they look objectively great, not so sure they'd look good on me.

I'll just have to buy a pair for my girlfriend.

That I'll use.

Every day.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #6,205 of 23,366
Quote:
I'd like to publicly announce my regret for not buying in white.

GODDAYMN SON!! Fine looking headphones.

That said, they look objectively great, not so sure they'd look good on me.

I'll just have to buy a pair for my girlfriend.

That I'll use.

Every day.

Are you trying to say the white are feminine?   Well, maybe with pink shields :)

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #6,207 of 23,366
Quote:
I can't believe your checking them yourself Val! That's dedication and commitment to quality. I'm even more stoked to be getting a pair now, especially the white/silver! They look unreal!

I'll check every single unit right now myself, trust but verify.   I'm "ONCE BITTEN, TWICE SHY".  You see, not every headphone is the same, like twins. IT IS EXPONENTIAL when they are new, but my team/process/patents over the years has mitigated the risks that no other brand can match.  Our quality department is so unique, it has processes that forge the future of electronics.  Our labs and and process even borrows ideas from famous Napa vineyards. Quality is our passion of the present and future.

"DEFACTO QC"
I learned many years ago when I returned 24,000 Bass Freqs.... the first 60 units I tested sounded like **** and were wildly different. Once I got the new batch, it won CNET's Editors Choice and is still 4+ stars on Amazon with thousands of real reviews.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #6,208 of 23,366
I can't wait for these to arrive. I've been using my HD598 (my only headphone ATM) for so long I've forgotten what bass sounds like.

I went to the Apple Store the other day to return my iPod Nano, and stopped to listen to the new Amperior, and even though the headphone was mediocre IMO, hearing that sort of headphone bass again blew my mind.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #6,210 of 23,366
Quote:
3)  reviews? soon!!!

Pre-Mass Production Units?

Those must be some PMPing Units.

Okay I'll go away for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back