V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #6,151 of 23,366
Wow, I feel so stupid. I thought the cork was some sort of plate u covered the airvents with.
Haha, what a bummer, I thought it would be so cool, just didn't know how they were going to pull it off. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #6,152 of 23,366
From the Apple-presentation:

10:37:05 AM PDT
"With wideband audio, we can fill up more of the frequency spectrum. We'll have 20 partners on this at launch."

Probably related to calling, but still, could be interesting

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #6,153 of 23,366
Quote:
Wow, I feel so stupid. I thought the cork was some sort of plate u covered the airvents with.
Haha, what a bummer, I thought it would be so cool, just didn't know how they were going to pull it off.

Don't worry I thought the same thing when I first heard about that haha. In any event, covering up the vents will not make that much of a difference isolation-wise IMO (besides wind-noise of course). Today I was able to enjoy my M-80s just fine on the train so I imagine the M-100 will be just as isolating, if not more.

Sep 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #6,154 of 23,366
Quote:
From the Apple-presentation:
10:37:05 AM PDT
"With wideband audio, we can fill up more of the frequency spectrum. We'll have 20 partners on this at launch."
Probably related to calling, but still, could be interesting

Yeah, they are talking about the new microphones and their ability to give more lifelike calls, which is why carriers have to partner to allow it.

Sep 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #6,156 of 23,366
Quote:
Don't worry I thought the same thing when I first heard about that haha. In any event, covering up the vents will not make that much of a difference isolation-wise IMO (besides wind-noise of course). Today I was able to enjoy my M-80s just fine on the train so I imagine the M-100 will be just as isolating, if not more.

Sorry for the double post but yeah, I was just hoping there was not going to be some kind of soundisolation technique as a secret features with batteries on the cable or something, haha.

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #6,158 of 23,366
Quote:
Yep. Lifelike calls through M-100, ok, I can live with that
smily_headphones1.gif

Now let's see iPhone's 5 amp + dac. And LOD's that go with this new Lightning port.

How does the 3 mics on the iphone5 matter if you're using another mic? (the one on the M100's?) 
I really don't get why the iPhone is so popular. I had 4 generations of iPhones until I switched because of the bad sound output.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #6,162 of 23,366
I'm expecting everyone on here who's getting one of the first pairs of M-100s to do A/Bs with all the headphones they own. Looks like Val is going for an Apple style launch: make the official announcement only days before the product will be available. Other tech companies are always criticized for publicly announcing a sweet new product and then giving a hazy release date (I'm looking at you Nokia 920, due out "sometime before the end of the year").

Given Val said he was writing the press release yesterday and also said he opened the first production unit yesterday, and now he says they're only days away, I wouldn't be surprised if the official announcement is tomorrow.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #6,163 of 23,366
Quote:
Ok, in that case I'm interested in your (or anyone else's) best match for the M-100, smartphonewise. 

Right off the bat I'd say the Galaxy S3 with the sound hack, though I've only heard S2 with Voodoo so I'm not sure, I suspect it's quite good based on what people are saying about it. But I'm not really happy with my Galaxy Nexus sound (No mods for it either). That's why I was wondering earlier in the thread if anyone had an idea of if the new Nokias will have the same sound card as the Zune (A great one in my opinion) since Nokia and Microsoft are working together. 
It can't be because of the sound everybody is buying the iPhone? The sound in all Apples devices is below average if you ask me. But I'm no expert what so ever. I guess my macbook is okay, paired up with the FiiO E17. :) 
If you are planning on buying the Vamp I guess an iPhone is the best choice but iPhone is kind of dull in its UI and everyday usage, in my opinion. 
I want the best possible audio in a smartphone paired up with my M100's as well, if anyone have any expertise I'd love to hear it! 

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #6,164 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm expecting everyone on here who's getting one of the first pairs of M-100s to do A/Bs with all the headphones they own. Looks like Val is going for an Apple style launch: make the official announcement only days before the product will be available. Other tech companies are always criticized for publicly announcing a sweet new product and then giving a hazy release date (I'm looking at you Nokia 920, due out "sometime before the end of the year").

Given Val said he was writing the press release yesterday and also said he opened the first production unit yesterday, and now he says they're only days away, I wouldn't be surprised if the official announcement is tomorrow.

This made me laugh way longer than it should have, then I immediately got depressed because of the sad truth
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back