V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #5,911 of 23,366
I have to ask, Will the M100 case zipper be possibly made more durable than the M80 zipper?

I went to class this morning and when i was putting away my M80s in their carrying case and i tried closing it the little zipper hook and the zipper itself just broke off after it got stuck and i tried to move it back to try and go forward again. .__.

Before i had sent in my M80s once when the left driver stopped working the zipper hook also got pushed a bit from the case itself so whenever i tried closing it regularly the zipper would slip out. After i sent it in they either fixed it or gave me another case (I believe it was the former).

100th Post :D

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #5,912 of 23,366
Quote:
I have to ask, Will the M100 case zipper be possibly made more durable than the M80 zipper?

I went to class this morning and when i was putting away my M80s in their carrying case and i tried closing it the little zipper hook and the zipper itself just broke off after it got stuck and i tried to move it back to try and go forward again. .__.

Before i had sent in my M80s once when the left driver stopped working the zipper hook also got pushed a bit from the case itself so whenever i tried closing it regularly the zipper would slip out. After i sent it in they either fixed it or gave me another case (I believe it was the former).

100th Post :D

The chain loop sucks. you will either have to be very gingerly with it, or just take a pair of pliers and crimp it so the ends overlap the circle.

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #5,916 of 23,366
Sorry for the extended silence, I have been making huge back-end strategic deals for V-MODA, moving houses and I hadn't seen my girlfriend in nearly a month because I was so busy travelling.

MP OF UNITS/QC DONE
The first units are now done and pass all the reliability and audio standards.  Now we are just waiting for the "little" things like final packaging and accessories.  We also perform "drop tests" in the packaging and do all the regulatory testing like "ROHS".  I'll have the first few in my hand by mid next week to do a press tour and the pre-order units HOPEFULLY will be shipping 9/21 once we verify the packaging is perfect.

Please do not get sad/mad when dates slip a bit, many items our out of our control and it is just a part of product development and keeping quality #1.  Many things happen that I cannot disclose publicly because of NDAs with our partners, etc.

Pictures are almost completed, I'll post some soon!

-v  

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #5,917 of 23,366
Quote:
Sorry for the extended silence, I have been making huge back-end strategic deals for V-MODA, moving houses and I hadn't seen my girlfriend in nearly a month because I was so busy travelling.

MP OF UNITS/QC DONE
The first units are now done and pass all the reliability and audio standards.  Now we are just waiting for the "little" things like final packaging and accessories.  We also perform "drop tests" in the packaging and do all the regulatory testing like "ROHS".  I'll have the first few in my hand by mid next week to do a press tour and the pre-order units HOPEFULLY will be shipping 9/21 once we verify the packaging is perfect.

Please do not get sad/mad when dates slip a bit, many items our out of our control and it is just a part of product development and keeping quality #1.  Many things happen that I cannot disclose publicly because of NDAs with our partners, etc.

-v  

Pffft, no need to apologize. It's like Shigeru Miyamoto said about video games (substitute words where needed about headphones): "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is forever bad." Besides, maybe they'll come in at the same time as my suitjamas xD

You know, besides Vaporware, which will forever be nonexistant.

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #5,918 of 23,366
Quote:

MP OF UNITS/QC DONE

-v  

Awesome timing val! Just a week before my Bday :wink:
Hope for the best~

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #5,919 of 23,366
Should arrive in time for college 
basshead.gif
 SO EXCITED 

Sep 6, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #5,920 of 23,366
Quote:

MP OF UNITS/QC DONE

-v  

Aw.. hopefully they'll ship a few days earlier! I leave on a trip a few days before the anticipated ship date, really wish I could have them for my trip!!
Thanks for the update, Val!

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #5,921 of 23,366
Quote:

MP OF UNITS/QC DONE

-v  

Hmm….. a fruit company from Cupertino perhaps?

I think somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I still believe that V-Moda has something related for the new iPhone. 

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #5,922 of 23,366
Thanks for the update Val! Congrats with the new house and girlfriend :wink: 
IMHO, people who get mad after hearing about a date slipping should get a life and should try harder imagining what it takes to develop a product like this. 
BTW, I'm glad I don't have to do these drop tests 
ph34r.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #5,923 of 23,366
Quote:

MP OF UNITS/QC DONE

-v  

Don't worry, it's beyond your control and we understand that. However I personally appriciate getting status updates like this instead of being left out in the dark without any info so thanks for keeping us updated!

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #5,924 of 23,366
Quote:

Are we still a go for the custom shield group shot?  If so, I'm looking forward to it!

An aside, that shipping window integrates perfectly with my schedule.  My workload should be tapering off that weekend and, with it, my perpetual grumpiness.  A new portal to my tunes should quickly pull me from the gloom.

Thanks for the update and no apologies necessary for any delays, Val!  From my perspective, they've only served to reinforce confidence in quality standards.

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #5,925 of 23,366
Thanks for the update Val!

I need to change my shipping address as it took a lot longer to ship than expected and I won't be in the US. After a lengthy e-mail correspondence with the customer services representatives it seems that changing the shipping address isn't possible without re-ordering (!). If I were to re-order now would I lose my place in the queue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back