V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 5, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #5,896 of 23,366
Hopefully we will be able to get them in our hands by this weekend!

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #5,900 of 23,366
that's sick.
does this need permission to be used on the shields? (CG fan here xP)

Why wouldn't you? You're using a symbol that's not original and is owned by someone else.
NOTE: Please make sure that you have the rights to reproduce the artwork. For instance, you cannot send an image of Mickey Mouse unless you have express written rights from Disney to use it.

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #5,901 of 23,366
Quote:
Why wouldn't you? You're using a symbol that's not original and is owned by someone else.

just making sure..since some symbols are open to use for anyone
so anyways, how would you get permission that's copyrighted so it's allowed to be used on the shields?
the company's from japan so..what about the people that want permission though do not know japanese? (amusing the company wont really respond in english maybe)
how would they gain permission to use the symbol on the shields?
can a normal person be able to contract who owns the rights and be able to use the symbols onto the shields?(someone like me?)

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #5,903 of 23,366
Quote:
But yoy still hear people talking around you while music is playing

If this and the minimal (no?) leakage sentiment is true then I'll be one happy camper!

Quote:

Quick question about the M-100's, from my understanding, their over-ear correct? Does anyone know about the size of the earpads possibly? I have larger ears than most and the LP2's don't quite fit over my ear entirely. I would consider upgrading to the M-100's because lets face it, the hype around them are incredibly positive, if the bass is still there with the punch my LP2's are giving me combined with a better high-range/mids and larger earpads. So can anyone give me some info on the earpads?

I've never tried the LP2, but from what I understand the M-100 uses the same pads.

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #5,904 of 23,366
just making sure..since some symbols are open to use for anyone
so anyways, how would you get permission that's copyrighted so it's allowed to be used on the shields?
the company's from japan so..what about the people that want permission though do not know japanese? (amusing the company wont really respond in english maybe)
how would they gain permission to use the symbol on the shields?
can a normal person be able to contract who owns the rights and be able to use the symbols onto the shields?(someone like me?)

I've tracked down the creators to Sunrise Inc, and I'll send them an email about it (with original English and translated to Japanese) about it.

Their page (translated) appears that they're not overly concerned unless it's on the internet and/or infringing significantly on their profits.

There is, after all, a massive amount of fanart for the series.

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #5,905 of 23,366
Quote:
DJ I remember you too, we've been on a long road since last year anticipating the M-100s as we enjoy our M-80s haha. I'm sure the wait will be worth it. How do you like the E17? I have been thinking about picking up an amp/DAC combo from iBasso lately.

E17 is very nice. Even with the already clear sounds and great soundstage of the M-80, the E17 just kicks everything else up a notch. Connected to my iPhone, the E17 does away with any hiss or muddiness.

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #5,907 of 23,366
Watch what you are doing with them fiio dac/amp combos because there has been some faulty ones going around on amazon..so be carefull!

What type of portable amps would you recommend for low impedance headphones? The M-100 is 32ohm if I remember correctly. I do alot of traveling for work so being portable is a must for me. I've been looking into a PA2V2, would it be ok?

Thanks in advance, I've never used a headphone amp before so it's a little new to me.

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #5,908 of 23,366
I've tracked down the creators to Sunrise Inc, and I'll send them an email about it (with original English and translated to Japanese) about it.

Their page (translated) appears that they're not overly concerned unless it's on the internet and/or infringing significantly on their profits.

There is, after all, a massive amount of fanart for the series.

This is true. However I don't think one should just assume that it is OK to use someone else's symbol/emblem when another party/company is involved in making it. Fanart [like in deviantART] in made by the fan itself, not by another company. In this case that 'other' party would be V-MODA, and I am sure they don't want to deal with copyright issues. *thinking of Apple vs Samsung patent war XD*

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #5,909 of 23,366
Quote:
This is true. However I don't think one should just assume that it is OK to use someone else's symbol/emblem when another party/company is involved in making it. Fanart [like in deviantART] in made by the fan itself, not by another company. In this case that 'other' party would be V-MODA, and I am sure they don't want to deal with copyright issues. *thinking of Apple vs Samsung patent war XD*

As long as someone isn't profiting from it, it's fine. I think he's safe from that too, because:
  1. V-MODA is profitting from their service of putting provided imagery onto shields, not from using that one image in particular. 
  2. He (tus-chan) is not buying them in bulk, and is not going to distribute or profit from the shields he creates using the emblem, other than his own enjoyment.
  3. The emblem is not the only prominent piece of imagery in the series it is from, and is actually one of the lesser known forms of the emblem. (The Geass)

I too am safe with mine because mine is based off a crowd-sourced project, and a DJ. The DJ has given his express permission for me to use his signature by providing it to me in a scan when asked. 

Needless to say, I am excited for mine, and so is everyone else.

BTW - any more responses to this should most likely be made in the shield discussion.

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #5,910 of 23,366
Quote:
As long as someone isn't profiting from it, it's fine. I think he's safe from that too, because:

1. V-MODA is profitting from their service of putting provided imagery onto shields, not from using that one image in particular. 
  2. He (tus-chan) is not buying them in bulk, and is not going to distribute or profit from the shields he creates using the emblem, other than his own enjoyment.
  3. The emblem is not the only prominent piece of imagery in the series it is from, and is actually one of the lesser known forms of the emblem. (The Geass)

I too am safe with mine because mine is based off a crowd-sourced project, and a DJ. The DJ has given his express permission for me to use his signature by providing it to me in a scan when asked. 

Needless to say, I am excited for mine, and so is everyone else.

BTW - any more responses to this should most likely be made in the shield discussion.

^From this logic, an image of Mickey Mouse would be acceptable, when in fact it is not.

But yes I agree that this should be in the shield discussion thread. Copy-pasta away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back