V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 31, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #5,747 of 23,366
Quote:
+1, interesting to see that material cost seems very low compared to labor.  It also appears there is a very lucrative markup overall, at least in the AKG demo.

You never really know what they make it out of though - for all you know that diaphragm material could be costing them ~$50 a foot. :p

That assembly line looks quite expensive too!

Aug 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #5,748 of 23,366
Quote:

Val!, after seeing the Morgan Page special delivery video, up on your facebook page, I have to have those shiny forks! Screw Matte forks! I want black glossy cups; with shiny forks; chrome shields, and the headband  of the Matte Black! (not of the Shadow)

******* IT!!!!!!

Edit: On second thought, I think the wing plates color is what makes the shiny forks look awesome, so, wing plates can not be the same color of the forks...and maybe nor of the shields...idk...but definitely forks not the same color of the wing plates. The forks have to be like the ones from Morgan Page. Shiny.

So let's see:

Shiny forks
Glossy black cups
Matte Black headband (was Morgan Page's headband Matte Black? - that headband looks good!)
Wing Plates = ? (definitely not similar to the forks)
Shields = ?

Too much chrome on the Phantom Chrome (wing plates; maybe shields, etc) makes the headphones look tasteless/colorless... compared to Morgan Page's headphone.

So, the wing plates, and shields selection is what is going to make those shiny forks stand out, and make the headphones look awesome!

So the next important step is to select an official wing plate color for the M-100, since it will be not replaceable, that can match with any shield selection, while making the headphone look good.

Val, I'm going to need your feedback on this, because I ordered VTF and I have a feeling it won't be like this!  Thanks!

Edit: I think the only color for the wing plates would have to be black (since it's non-replaceable) assuming the headband and cups are black, of course. (Right?)

So that would leave the selection of the shields...

I think we got a new M-100 contendant!!

Should I cancel my VTF-100 order?!? :p (seriously, though!)

I think you're over-thinking this waaaay too much...I think the shadow wing plates look the best. Personally I really don't like the chrome look because it looks really cheap to be quite frank.

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #5,749 of 23,366
Now I feel as if I'm being followed by a phalanx of miniscule homunculi shouting "Shiny forks! Shiny forks! Shiny forks!" 

But where are their tiny plates?

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #5,750 of 23,366
Quote:

Trust me, matte is always far superior in the long run for something that needs to be touched on a regular basis.

Glossy things aren't so sexy after they're covered in fingerprints and skin oil (has anyone here ever used an iPad?)

Sometimes nice things come with a price...  V-MODA supplies a micro-fiber wipe to wipe off the finger prints, on those type of headphones, though...

Quote:
I think you're over-thinking this waaaay too much...

Reply: Maybe I just found what I want...

Originally Posted by miceblue: I think the shadow wing plates look the best.

Reply: Since those wing plates are black, maybe it would work out... But, Shadow doesn't have the headband I was aiming for, nor the shiny forks of Morgan Page's...

*snip*

^ reply inside quote (sorry)

We'll see how I feel as more videos are posted....and by the time Val replies.

I think that's what I want, though... I've found the formula to make those shiny forks make the headphone look awesome. (Well, Val did...since he made the headphones for Morgan Page.)

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #5,753 of 23,366
Hey all,

I'm still trying to create my design that I want for my VTF-100's, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows how many pre-orders are left. From what I've read, I've seen the M-100's advertised on facebook, and that 350 of them have been produced, and this issue about fork colours, but no indication as to whether or not the pre-order period is done or not.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #5,754 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey all,

I'm still trying to create my design that I want for my VTF-100's, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows how many pre-orders are left. From what I've read, I've seen the M-100's advertised on facebook, and that 350 of them have been produced, and this issue about fork colours, but no indication as to whether or not the pre-order period is done or not.

Last we've been told, the preorders were open for ~99 more. If the preorder page is still open I *guess* they're still taking them, but nobody really knows for sure.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #5,755 of 23,366
When does the email contest end? doesn't have a date on the contest

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #5,756 of 23,366
Quote:
I wonder how the first day of assembly went? Any updates Val?

Getting reports and samples just now, sorry I've been doing lots of back-end business deals and I moved to my other house.   Been a BUSY BUSY week.  I am working a lot on the V-MODA retail/lounge deal too! 
Quote:
Last we've been told, the preorders were open for ~99 more. If the preorder page is still open I *guess* they're still taking them, but nobody really knows for sure.

Still have few more slots available!  But production is looking good.
Quote:
When does the email contest end? doesn't have a date on the contest

Wow, lets say Tuesday.  Enter!

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #5,758 of 23,366
Getting reports and samples just now, sorry I've been doing lots of back-end business deals and I moved to my other house.   Been a BUSY BUSY week.  I am working a lot on the V-MODA retail/lounge deal too! 

Still have few more slots available!  But production is looking good.

Wow, lets say Tuesday.  Enter!

how do we enter the contest if we've already " liked" V-MODA on facebook? Is it only eligible to new "likers"? I received the email but figured I couldn't re-like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back