V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #5,086 of 23,366
Quote:
I mentioned this earlier, we're a minority. We may prioritize sound, but others don't.

And this has always been the most backwards logic I've ever known for a product line in which the primary purpose of the device is to produce music, but as they say, common sense isn't common.

And this brings up the "up on website before official announcement" thing. *sigh*

Indeed. Makes me wonder if Val planned for it to explode this way, if the website team didn't get a memo from him to have him announce it, or if they saw that the preorders exploded and thought that people knew anyway. Regardless, searching for "100" on V-Moda gets you the VTF-100's, so I'm sure they're getting a few more preorders in now.

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #5,087 of 23,366
The reason I mention DT1350 is to let desmoface know that while they great sounding headphones and isolate subway trains noise a little bit better they are NOT adjust headband put on and enjoy music headphones but rather are play to make them work you ones and only by trying them you will find out if you found the sweet spot to get proper seal for high quality bass and comfort at the same time so no any reviews will be able to help with this and while other headphones you tried didn't work for you maybe M-100 will be the on that do and trying is the only way to find out cause 'for every rule there is an exception'. While i prefer sound quality of D600 and DT1350 are for sale I hope that M-100 will isolate as good as DT1350 since they considered noise canceling and also will sound great so trying is the only way to find out if they will work for me that's why I preodered them knowing that i can easily return or sell them

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #5,088 of 23,366
Quote:
While i prefer sound quality of D600 and DT1350 are for sale I hope that M-100 will isolate as good as DT1350 since they considered noise canceling and also will sound great so trying is the only way to find out if they will work for me that's why I preodered them knowing that i can easily return or sell them

"considered noise cancelling" is a very very loose term here, and I don't actually recall that showing up in this thread. What I do know is that the M-100's will come with the general V3 ports just like its older brethren, which allow for a larger soundstage and driver breathability at the cost of some isolation. They'll still isolate well, but there's a cost to every addition.

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #5,089 of 23,366
Quote:
Eeek :D pre ordered my pair in shadow with a bull engraving on the stock shields ^ ^ cant wait for them :D.

eek.gif
Oh my God! You too!!!??? Post pics when they arrive :D I'll post mine up when MY shadow with bull engravings arrive lol!! (Red Shields, Black Pads)

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #5,090 of 23,366
Quote:
The reason I mention DT1350 is to let desmoface know that while they great sounding headphones and isolate subway trains noise a little bit better they are NOT adjust headband put on and enjoy music headphones but rather are play to make them work you ones and only by trying them you will find out if you found the sweet spot to get proper seal for high quality bass and comfort at the same time so no any reviews will be able to help with this and while other headphones you tried didn't work for you maybe M-100 will be the on that do and trying is the only way to find out cause 'for every rule there is an exception'. While i prefer sound quality of D600 and DT1350 are for sale I hope that M-100 will isolate as good as DT1350 since they considered noise canceling and also will sound great so trying is the only way to find out if they will work for me that's why I preodered them knowing that i can easily return or sell them

That was only 2 sentences. Impressive.

Since moving to New York a month ago, I've been using my V-80s on the train on a daily basis. You still hear the train noise and the loudspeaker announcements and such, but not too much. If you're really lost in your music it almost, almost, fades the noise away completely. Loud conversations will still interrupt your music, though. Then again, even my IEMs don't block noise as much as I thought they would either. If the M-100 isolates as well as, or better than, the M-80s then no complaints.

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #5,091 of 23,366
According to Tyll's measurement the LP2 has -11dBr isolation which is fairly average closed headphone performance (I'd say -12dBr is quite average for fully sealed) with the M50 for example which I concider having good isolation measuring -12dBr. GREAT fully sealed closed headphones usually have about -15dBr, only a few passive headphones, for example Beyers go a bit above that with -17dBr for example and Sennheiser HD25-1 II for example -16dBr which are generally concidered excellent passive noice cancellators. For me anything below -10dBr is poor and above -10dBr is fairly usable in public environment. I think -11dBr is fairly good concidered the V3 port design, that's a very fair balance between soundstage benefits VS isolation I'd say.

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #5,092 of 23,366
Quote:
"considered noise cancelling" is a very very loose term here, and I don't actually recall that showing up in this thread. What I do know is that the M-100's will come with the general V3 ports just like its older brethren, which allow for a larger soundstage and driver breathability at the cost of some isolation. They'll still isolate well, but there's a cost to every addition.

Thanks a lot for info since I'm completely new to V-Moda headphones but as I sad trying is the only way to find out if they will work for me

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #5,093 of 23,366
Quote:
That was only 2 sentences. Impressive.

Since moving to New York a month ago, I've been using my V-80s on the train on a daily basis. You still hear the train noise and the loudspeaker announcements and such, but not too much. If you're really lost in your music it almost, almost, fades the noise away completely. Loud conversations will still interrupt your music, though. Then again, even my IEMs don't block noise as much as I thought they would either. If the M-100 isolates as well as, or better than, the M-80s then no complaints.

Thanks for real life experience so we both gonna hope M-100 will isolate better

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #5,094 of 23,366
Quote:
Thanks a lot for info since I'm completely new to V-Moda headphones but as I sad trying is the only way to find out if they will work for me

You're in Brooklyn? The Radio Shack on 23rd near Park Ave. right off the 6 train has a pair of M-80s you can listen to with your own music. You can also go the HBO store in Midtown and hear some V-80s, but you have to listen to their music. You won't get the circumaural feel of the M-100, but at least you'll hear the M-series sound signature.

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #5,096 of 23,366
Quote:
According to Tyll's measurement the LP2 has -11dBr isolation which is fairly average closed headphone performance (I'd say -12dBr is quite average for fully sealed) with the M50 for example which I concider having good isolation measuring -12dBr. GREAT fully sealed closed headphones usually have about -15dBr, only a few passive headphones, for example Beyers go a bit above that with -17dBr for example. For me anything below -10dBr is poor and above -10dBr is fairly usable in public environment.

Oh I didn't notice the "Broadband Isolation" measurement. -11dBr is pretty good then since I find the Shure SRH940 to have pretty decent isolation (at -12dBr according to Innerfidelity).
And I think you meant to say "anything above -10dBr is poor and below -10dBr is fairly usable in public". :p

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #5,097 of 23,366
Quote:
You're in Brooklyn? The Radio Shack on 23rd near Park Ave. right off the 6 train has a pair of M-80s you can listen to with your own music. You can also go the HBO store in Midtown and hear some V-80s, but you have to listen to their music. You won't get the circumaural feel of the M-100, but at least you'll hear the M-series sound signature.

Thanks a lot ,definitely will go there to try M-80

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #5,099 of 23,366
After listening to the M-80s for a bit, I sure hope the M-100 has far better treble extension and sparkle. The M-80s just roll off way too early. I don't want a smooth Sennheiser sound. I want an Audio-Technica or Grado treble extension.

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #5,100 of 23,366
Quote:
After listening to the M-80s for a bit, I sure hope the M-100 has far better treble extension and sparkle. The M-80s just roll off way too early. I don't want a smooth Sennheiser sound. I want an Audio-Technica or Grado treble extension.

If that's what you want then get AT or Grado headphones!  Even if they do go higher, I highly doubt the M-100 will be like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back