V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 17, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #4,878 of 23,366
Do you think I would get hit with customs ordering to the UK, and would I be able to decline delivery if it was allot?

Not sure if I should wait for it to be available on Amazon UK :-S

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #4,879 of 23,366
http://tariff.businesslink.gov.uk/tariff-bl/export/heading.html?export=false&simulationDate=17/08/12&id=8518300000&additionalCode1=&additionalCode2=&additionalCode3=&countryCode=

It looks to be 2%, but usually they only get it if it's really expensive and/or large. It also depends on what V-Moda labels it as when they send it, I've had some stuff from Hong Kong that the supplier just listed as 'other' and I didn't get charged any duty.

Good news is, AFAIK you can refuse and return to sender if you are charged.

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #4,883 of 23,366
Does anybody know how long the pearl white m-80 preorders shipped to the people to ordered them? we might be able to estimate a more realistic date of shipment from that.

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #4,887 of 23,366
There seems like there's a lot of apprehension on a lot of topics, so here's my two cents on some of them.

1. No need to worry about the pre-order status of these, as even people who've ordered before the item name change still have "this product is preorder only" in their order status at the moment. It's standard practice for many industries to have a head count before release, and even more so for V-Moda so that they can get a head start on their engraving

2. Pics'll be coming soon enough. Val just came back from China after getting off the assembly line, so I think we can assume in good faith that the units themselves are just out of the testing, which means that marketing comes next. They'll obviously be ready come MPU release time, but right now I'd imagine that they're in the middle of getting those snazzy pics.

3. Coming from an engineering school, I have no qualms about starting a numbering system at 0, and I'm not quite sure why certain people are offended at the notion that these are "Batch 0", the PPU's when they've been clamoring for months to get their hands on a preproduction unit. Wasn't the whole point of us getting these units in the first place a) so that we get our grubby hands on them first b) that the units would otherwise go elsewhere that Val doesn't know what happens to them (my guess would be refurbishing, but who knows), so he's offering them to us as an inside look into the process. Having them tested by personel makes me feel that the chances are they're unlikely to be flawed, but there's always, always the 1% chance that something might happen. But still, I'm confident enough that these PPU's or Batch 0 or what have you are going to be fantastic.

4. Release date claims to be 45-60 days, but I'm confident that these are just for sheer coverage. I'd be very much surprised if they don't ship after two weeks at the latest

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #4,888 of 23,366
Quote:
Has anybody actually confirmed that these are the actual ppu's ?

It wouldn't cost $310 and offer you free of charge custom shields (and coming with some extra accessories) if it wasn't. Val stated these things would be for PPU units only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back