V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #4,787 of 23,366
Quote:
Wonder where Val is... a lot of people have ordered these on the website before he has even said anything about them. I'm assuming official pics will be posted as soon as he gets on here and clears up "yea, we did make them available before I mentioned anything myself".

I don't know if this is intentional or an oversight. I mean, he does have a smartphone after all. Highly suspicious if you ask me, but we'll see.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #4,789 of 23,366
Quote:
While the picture of the white LP with black shields, black wing shields and a black headband underneath is an awesome color scheme. You can't change the wing shields on the M100 so in my opinion from how i imagine the M100 without the black wing shields, it messes up the look. The headband on the M100 for White Silver won't be black either so even more so. 

Has anyone ever attempted to order replacement parts from V-MODA?  It may be possible to order the entire "wing" assembly.

EDIT:

Quote:

Wait, you can't? Why not? Where was this confirmed? First I've heard about it. 
blink.gif

Check the pictures of the PPUs.  They follow the M-80 design choice of eliminating the wing plates.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #4,790 of 23,366
Quote:

Has anyone ever attempted to order replacement parts from V-MODA?  It may be possible to order the entire "wing" assembly.

I think you have to take it to their base at LA for them to make repairs.

BTW. I like how nobody ratted us out on the FB page. Keep it up guys 
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #4,793 of 23,366
Quote:
That, and the teal Y-bars would be going too far. Either way, having the ocean blue shields on a white M-100 would be Miku-ish enough, I think.

I didn't even think of that. XD
I was thinking ocean blue was similar to sky blue based on the photos I've seen.

As for the white colour scheme, I think grey inner headband + grey earpads looks the most fitting since the parts of the headphone that touch your head are all the same colour.

Back to the wing-plates, I'm not sure if it's removable. It doesn't have front screws like the LP/LP2/M-80, but there are 3 back screws...so LP/LP2 wing-plates won't work:

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #4,794 of 23,366
Quote:
You haven't? Well I have seen that around and I am not even keeping up with this thread XD that is weird because you are more active than I am on this. O.o

I didn't even know that the M-80's couldn't change wings.

I never really paid attention to the wings on any of the V-MODA headphones, but I do accept the fact that they're needed to complete any given look - whether it be matte black or B&W.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #4,796 of 23,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly21029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Wait, you can't? Why not? Where was this confirmed? First I've heard about it. 
blink.gif

Check the pictures of the PPUs.  They follow the M-80 design choice of eliminating the wing plates.

Yeah, someone mentioned that Val mentioned that the M100s wouldn't have changeable wing shields.

Its pretty much true since you don't see screws on any of the wing shields from the pre-released M100 pictures.

(miceblue just beat me to the picture while making this post lol)

Quote:

Maybe Val can give an entire certain wing assembly color to M100 owners for replacement of the wing shields, he could make an extra box that asks you put in whether you have an LP series headphone or an M100 on the website when ordering regular or custom shields. Just a thought. :p

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #4,797 of 23,366
It was announced waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in April, and it's been mentioned here and there, but yes, the wings will not work with the M-100's

we are working to finalize dates and content now to take preorders, it's getting closer!  

M-100 Custom Shield Kits Promo "M-100MANIA"
I created a code "M-100MANIA" as a code for 20% off custom M-100/LP/LP2 shields.  The LP/LP2 large shields WILL work on M-100.  We'll send the "wings" too, but the M-100 does not use that part anymore.   PS the first MASS PRODUCTION M-100's will be nearly an identical color as M-80 Shadow.

link:
http://v-moda.com/over-ear-shields/

Win a M-80 Contest on Engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/09/engadget-giveaway-crossfade-m-80/

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #4,798 of 23,366
Quote:
Nice plan!

Do you think I should shoot them a message to change my order? It's either: 
  1. Matte Black (Black everything) + Custom logo
  2. White Silver + Matte Black Shields + Black or Grey Pads + Custom Logo

I don't know which would look better...

could you give them a message and change the order? without cancelling and re doing? cause i might change my custom plates, don't know if light blue shields is good with matte black

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #4,799 of 23,366
Quote:
I am as sure as I can be that the VTF-100 is the PPU based on the product# and pricing.  I ordered white with the extra blue shields, keeping it simple with no design.  I did receive an email order confirmation.  Regarding the 45-60 days, I am confident these will ship MUCH sooner, like a few weeks or less since the same time estimate was initially given for VAMP orders and they shipped very shortly thereafter.

I did not see any posts from Val announcing the PPU preorder.  Who do we have to thank for getting the word out initially about the preorder?

Quote:
Im guessing it was Izeller1070

It's funny, I remember seeing the post by the user who let us know above and thinking, yeah, right, I guess it's time for people to start games, like I'm gonna believe a user with a 4 post count. Val's the one who can only let us know, there's no other way, unless he just put up the website and didn't come here. Whatever that can't be true. And then, another user with a 50 something post count, quotes the post above, and "goes with it", <- 'cause I'm still believing it's just a game, to make us flood V-MODA's website and have a laugh. I'm  like yeah, ok, now someone else decided to go with, that's just great. And then another post...and sooner....let me just clarify that by the time I found out about the code, I had already visited the page like once or twice.

lol So yeah, thanks hahahah :D

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #4,800 of 23,366
Quote:
could you give them a message and change the order? without cancelling and re doing? cause i might change my custom plates, don't know if light blue shields is good with matte black

Only way to check is to ask - the worst they could do is tell you that they cant.

I also agree, blue with matte black wont work - at least I don't think it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back