V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 28, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #3,811 of 23,366
Quote:
Folding Hinge...."The Dirty Sanchez"

Usually your posts in this thread are amusing at most, but this one had me ROFL for a few minutes straight. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #3,812 of 23,366
Don't forget that this building is one of the most photographed buildings in the world..

p.s I would build the main one in la i.e the biggest one with a big red v-moda v sign on it..

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #3,815 of 23,366
Retail stores.  That's awesome!  You know, as you grow and get bigger into this headphone biz, it would be great to see you come up with a quality earbud.  Not an IEM, but just a straight up earbud.  The VBuds.  There are so few really good earbuds out there.  That would be a good challenge!  =)

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #3,817 of 23,366
I'll put a M-100 statue out front of the retail store!

Coiled cable - Viper is good!

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #3,821 of 23,366
Quote:
Patience is a virtue! Unless there's any real pressing reason why you need to buy it now, it wouldn't hurt to wait a few weeks.

We're almost at the finish line!

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #3,822 of 23,366
Quote:
I would like to know the soundstage of the m100.
Most important thing for me. That's why i sold my dt1350 and m80 for a westone4 :p
but im quite interested in the m100...

I'd also be curious to know if soundstage has been improved over LP2 which feature similar cup design. For being semi-closed I think they didn't have overly impressive soundstage but I think the huge bass response greatly obtrued on this aspect. With some EQing it felt a bit better already. Soundstage is the main aspect I'd like an improve in coming from a Q40, it's a relatively closed-in soundstage, all other aspects I'm extremely pleased with though. :)

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #3,823 of 23,366
Quote:
about to pull the trigger on a used pair of ahd-5000 for $350..

Should i wait for the M-100's ?

money be burrning my pockets.

Absolutely wait for M-100s.

I was surprised to find when I first got into headphones not too long ago that this is a strangely slow paced industry. I was amazed when I found that some headphones are basically 10+ year old designs that have been sold just like that the entire time. Many of the highly regarded headphones have been around for so long with only mild modifications over the years. Sure, they may be great products, but I don't see the excitement in something so old. Completely new headphones aren't necessarily uncommon, but they aren't nearly as numerous as new products are in just about every other tech arena. There's great new phones and laptops out all the time, but a great new headphone is harder to come by.

Keep the $50, get something that is both brand new (vs. old) and new (vs. used), and remember that if you end up not liking the M-100s, you can get your money back. Which is something you can't do with the D5000s. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #3,824 of 23,366
Absolutely wait for M-100s.

I was surprised to find when I first got into headphones not too long ago that this is a strangely slow paced industry. I was amazed when I found that some headphones are basically 10+ year old designs that have been sold just like that the entire time. Many of the highly regarded headphones have been around for so long with only mild modifications over the years. Sure, they may be great products, but I don't see the excitement in something so old. Completely new headphones aren't necessarily uncommon, but they aren't nearly as numerous as new products are in just about every other tech arena. There's great new phones and laptops out all the time, but a great new headphone is harder to come by.

Keep the $50, get something that is both brand new (vs. old) and new (vs. used), and remember that if you end up not liking the M-100s, you can get your money back. Which is something you can't do with the D5000s. 

Loving my m80's sofar.

VAL thanks for personally responding. I now going to wait patiently for the m100's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back