V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #3,766 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm guessing the answer is not very often, but what are the chances of the audio cable connecting the earcups to the headband catching on something? This was my concern for the Shure SRH840 and one of the reasons why I didn't purchase it.

From the picture in the "correct" position, if something in my backpack gets caught on that part of the headphone, I am worried about its durability.

It works well in our tests, plus you get a case!

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #3,769 of 23,366
Quote:
Based on previous pics the hinges look beefy enough to open a beer bottle.  Can you test this out for us on one of the nameless PPU's?

We'll test the hinge on beer.  It opens/closes 5000 times and retains 80% friction as its main test (very high for a hinge). The hinge IS replaceable, but by our team  (or stores in future).  its ULTRA durable and was tough to make, I think you'll LOVE LOVE the result... its like a German car door feeling.

-v

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #3,770 of 23,366
Quote:
We'll test the hinge on beer.  It opens/closes 5000 times and retains 80% friction as its main test (very high for a hinge). The hinge IS replaceable, but by our team  (or stores in future).  its ULTRA durable and was tough to make, I think you'll LOVE LOVE the result... its like a German car door feeling.

-v

Sounds great - now we just need the final color confirmations, pictures, and the PPU release date, and we're set!

.... So whadd'ya say Val? 
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #3,771 of 23,366
Quote:

Hey val, question, (but not to make any pressure), just to be prepared with the money, haha, 

what is the ppu's release day? 

Quote:
Ship/Launch Date
The date they'll ship is "when they are ready, and that my team would buy it, love it and rate it six stars".  That is the only test.  The day is very close now and the parts are looking great.  However, this is such an important project that I am going to go to the factory and will be on the assembly line myself with my #2.  Since the interest is so high in M-100 we are altering our normal PP then MP process and doing a staged approach of PP building/testing individual sections of the headphones first right now.  This allows us not to waste material too.

Also im curious, what was the final color scheme you chose for the M100 Val?

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #3,772 of 23,366
I dont know what a German door closing feels like, but I want it.   AnakChan seemed hypnotized by the hinge, opening and closing it like a 10 year old under the xmas tree with a new toy.  That's good enough for me even if it fails the beer test. 

All these questions about the release date...give it a rest.  He's said repeatedly that they are done when they are done. We've waited this long what's another couple of weeks.  Even if it's another couple months, what's the urgency? How will your life be altered by not having them for such and such number of days?  Just put your money aside and wait. Think of it as a right of passage.

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #3,774 of 23,366
Quote:
All these questions about the release date...give it a rest.  He's said repeatedly that they are done when they are done. We've waited this long what's another couple of weeks.  Even if it's another couple months, what's the urgency? How will your life be altered by not having them for such and such number of days?  Just put your money aside and wait. Think of it as a right of passage.

Well, someone without a pair to hold them over may not be so patient.. I'm currently in talk with someone looking to go semi-serious into HP audio and needs a pair of headphones before September. He already loves my V-80's, so selling him on the M-100's was a easy; but if he cant get ahold of one in time, he's defaulting to the D2k's

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #3,775 of 23,366
These threats of buying competitor headphones only expose a flawed sense of discipline and willpower.  It's your buddy's loss if he can't wait.  Asking when they will be released over and over and over isn't going to speed things up.  Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Shut yer cakehole and make me a samich.   Just be patient and happy knowing the time frame is imminent.

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #3,776 of 23,366
Ugh! Please no more name recommendations. (I already regret bringing the subject back up)
I feel very close to smashing something.
I like the name Val gave it.

I love the recent Shadow pic from Val. Good to see the material (all around) between the cushions and cups is not reflecting chrome. I like the color in the photo. The difference that a good pic can make is amazing. It's so different from the Shadow from V-MODA.com. I love it. Now, to see a pic from White and Matte Black Metal, and I'll know exactly what to get. Right now I like the Shadow. When I see the rest, I'll see what I pick.

About Val's plans on the Smellfect...well, if Eric Morillo's inside side of headband's fabric is porous, and not complete leather (on the inside side that touches the scalp) then I won't be worried.

I hope we can know the PPU release date at least a day in advance. Val, if you release the time in advance, I'm affraid the site could crash...

What else?...

Oh yeah, I too am confused if Matte Black Metal is part of PPU or not.

Can't remember if I had any other question.

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #3,778 of 23,366
Quote:
We will, our fulfillment team is ON IT!  
Sounds good to me! 

What is Addicted to Audio, sounds like an intriguing store we did not know about. 

Val, Addicted to audio is one of the best Audiophile stores in Australia.
They stock all the top brands including V-Moda's.  http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/
The staff know their stuff and they provide great service. 

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #3,779 of 23,366
Quote:
These threats of buying competitor headphones only expose a flawed sense of discipline and willpower.  It's your buddy's loss if he can't wait.  Asking when they will be released over and over and over isn't going to speed things up.  Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Shut yer cakehole and make me a samich.   Just be patient and happy knowing the time frame is imminent.

You cant please everyone; just like everything in this universe, there's always a breaking point. The reason he cant wait for them past September is because its a present for his son(His birthday is on Aug-24, so he legitimately has no grace past september). He really likes my V-80's, but they're out of the question since they cause discomfort after 40 minutes of use. He was really wowed by the D2k's, but feels the styling and long cable wont particularly appeal to his son like the M-100's will. I'm sure the M-100's are worth the wait for many, but some people just cant wait.

PS: if you check my input in this thread, you'll notice I havent asked once when they'll release. I'm okay with waiting 
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #3,780 of 23,366
From everything I've gathered Val is doing his best to get these released in a timely manner without sacrificing quality control.  Even if Val gave a release date for next week, there is no guarantee your friend's son would get it by Aug 24th.  I'm guessing there might be a supply and demand situation given the extreme anticipation of the M-100. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back