V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 16, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #3,437 of 23,366
Quote:
What, does custom shields cost $90? :s

It's $45 for one kit that includes a pair of custom shields with engraving plus the tools and hardware to install it.  MusicCrave said V-MODA told him if he wants a different design on each cup he'd have to purchase two kits = $90.

Jul 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #3,438 of 23,366
Custom shields are $25 for a non-engraved shield, $45 for a personalized, engraved shield, and they are free with PPU Orders. Hope this helps.

I have checked, just message their service, providing the two files up front, and say you want one on each shield. This will only work if they are both the same color, since by doing that, they still have a set of two left over.

Please, ask shield-related questions in the shield design thread.

Jul 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #3,439 of 23,366
I think the discussion on two design elements for the shields is pertinent info for both threads, as well as the M-80 thread.  If a casual non-HeadFier comes browsing through any one of those threads from Google they should have access to as much info as possible without having to search for another thread they probably don't know exists.  For instance, this thread is the top result in Google for for "V-MODA M100" so the more noob-friendly info it contains the better.

Jul 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #3,440 of 23,366
Holy!

Take two and a half days off from browsing the thread (maybe less time, I probably checked since my last post) yet my Head-Fi new posts ticker was at 193 unread posts! What did I miss, another row about Paris or shields?

From this page it looks like blah blah people still don't understand the shields, and we're hoping for a cheaper, universal VAMP. But with almost 200 posts, I would've thought the headphones had been released! Honestly, I don't want to look. Were all those posts by the same 10 people that are always in here?

I think the discussion on two design elements for the shields is pertinent info for both threads, as well as the M-80 thread.  If a casual non-HeadFier comes browsing through any one of those threads from Google they should have access to as much info as possible without having to search for another thread they probably don't know exists.  For instance, this thread is the top result in Google for for "V-MODA M100" so the more noob-friendly info it contains the better.

By the same token, if most custom shields comments were in the shields thread, THAT would be the #1 google hit, and a better catch-all for the options for them across all models of V-MODA that can use them. But what I don't understand is why either would be the #1 hit instead of the V-MODA page on custom shields? That's @ http://v-moda.com/custom-shield-kits by the way. I hope Google points at the mfr page for the M-100 first before here, once V-MODA puts up a site.

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #3,441 of 23,366
Quote:
Holy!
Take two and a half days off from browsing the thread (maybe less time, I probably checked since my last post) yet my Head-Fi new posts ticker was at 193 unread posts! What did I miss, another row about Paris or shields?
From this page it looks like blah blah people still don't understand the shields, and we're hoping for a cheaper, universal VAMP. But with almost 200 posts, I would've thought the headphones had been released! Honestly, I don't want to look. Were all those posts by the same 10 people that are always in here?
By the same token, if most custom shields comments were in the shields thread, THAT would be the #1 google hit, and a better catch-all for the options for them across all models of V-MODA that can use them. But what I don't understand is why either would be the #1 hit instead of the V-MODA page on custom shields? That's @ http://v-moda.com/custom-shield-kits by the way. I hope Google points at the mfr page for the M-100 first before here, once V-MODA puts up a site.

You didn't miss too much. There was some bickering back and forth. Bit of a flame war. Currawong stepped in and cleaned up. Out of those 193 posts, I estimate a third got deleted. We're all just restless and directionless. Maybe later I'll post a .gif of a someone twiddling his thumbs.

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #3,442 of 23,366
Quote:
Holy!

You didn't miss much. Currawong is watching these threads...and that's pretty much all you missed. >.>

I did include a summary post, with photos, of what we know of the M-100's here.

Jul 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #3,447 of 23,366
You didn't miss much. Currawong is watching these threads...and that's pretty much all you missed. >.>

I did include a summary post, with photos, of what we know of the M-100's here.

Different from the one I reposted and you added the hyperlinks?

Jul 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #3,448 of 23,366
Quote:
Different from the one I reposted and you added the hyperlinks?

Yeah I condensed the features, added more description to the colours, and posted relevant photos. I figured people want to see the photos rather than open another tab/window to go see a post with the photos.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #3,449 of 23,366
Which Android would it be, though? Hopefully the next HTC flagship 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I doubt it, Venturecraft and Fiio will only compete more s time goes on, and you wouldn't burn one good bridge on a gamble easily. I do suspect the next VAMP will be based on the Go-Dap x, for several reasons,
  • it can work with PC's which implies USB audio, which will work with Jelly bean, filling a gap in the market, especially with all the SGS3's being sold
  • It is made by a company with which they have a relationship
  • it will be the easiest to configure, coming from the VAMP (Go-Dap 4 variant) and should provide some really good sound
  • AnakChan hinted that Venturecraft don't do things by mistake, which reinforces the Android compatibility theory
  • Val has hinted on facebook about building an Android VAMP.

I win. lol

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #3,450 of 23,366
Quote:
Which Android would it be, though? Hopefully the next HTC flagship?

If V-Moda were to make it specifically for a certain smartphone model that'd be a huge error on their part, especially HTC, seeing as they seem to want to throw in the Beats stuff into all of their phones now. But the big thing is A) the phones are a pretty big size compared to the iPhone and B) the android market moves way too fast with way too many options that it'd be a faulty idea to hedge their bets on a single phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back