V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #3,333 of 23,366
Quote:
So any info on the Treble or the soundstaging capabilities? I want to use headphones for movies and gaming and the M80s just won't do due to the decay and lack of good imaging. Female vocalists (Pop, Trance, JRock, JPop) really need that Treble extension to sound their best even with sibilance. Audio-Technica and Koss tend to excel in this area and I really don't know if a DJ can like M-100 will be up to the task.

There's a reason I skipped on the AiAiAi TMA-1 line of headphones and I might have to do the same if the V-modas are not up to snuff.

Monitors if you want something that will guaranteed be good for gaming. My KRK KNS 8400 are ridiculously good for gaming. Can't even describe how much it looks like I'm cheating since I know where everyone is based on footsteps lol. I agree that the M-80s are just slightly not right for gaming, and I fully believe that with the tweaks made to the sound for the M-100s and the simple fact that they are circumaural that they could be good for gaming and movies. Are you going for just 1 pair of headphones to cover both your music listening and movies/gaming? I would say it's worth it to save up to have a cheap-ish pair of monitors (like the 8400s) for gaming and fun cans for music listening, but if you're going for 1 to cover it all, we'll have to wait to see what the M-100s are good for.
Quote:
Val,
How about a special edition matte black with rose gold shields available only at Brookstone?  Right now they have Beats, Klipsch M40 and Able Planet at their listening station.

I fully support the idea of M-100s in Brookstones, but why that particular color? Just to match the Klipsch M40s? I don't know if matching the color scheme of headphones yours will be right next to is necessarily a good thing.

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #3,334 of 23,366
Heh I don't know but I don't think she'd be the one to feature if you're catering to the demographic in Harvard Square 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
I'm familiar with Audio Lab, but I did not know about the new headphone store in Harvard Square. That's awesome -- I'll have to check it out. An M-100 launch event sounds pretty cool, too. Any word on whether Ms. Hilton will make an appearance/spin some discs?
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #3,335 of 23,366
Quote:

I fully support the idea of M-100s in Brookstones, but why that particular color? Just to match the Klipsch M40s? I don't know if matching the color scheme of headphones yours will be right next to is necessarily a good thing.

Agreed, just thinking out loud.  I would be happy if I could simply purchase rose gold shields to go with matte black M-100s.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #3,337 of 23,366
Quote:
Pepper who with PM's? V-MODA support? I've messaged them only once, for the same reason as MusicCrave93. I haven't even sent in my logos either. I really don't know what got your panties in a bunch, but starting fights on the internet - over the color of a pair of headphones, no less - is rather immature..

They're headphones, Bro.

Jul 14, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #3,340 of 23,366
People really need to keep an eye out for thread titles.. Keeping things on topic almost seems like a chore now - it really shouldn't be.

Back to the M-100 though, I have to say that while I like that brushed metal photoshop Vortex made, I prefer 'sleek' looking tech to 'rough/tough' looking tech - same thing applies to my headphones.

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #3,341 of 23,366
Whoa, things have gotten heated in here. Why don't we all just drop all of the "issues" and just end the arguing? It doesn't matter who started what over whatever, just chill. It would really suck if this thread had to be locked and people had to be banned over trifles. And now, for something on topic:

So far my favorite look is the matte black. Usually I don't mind a bit of flashiness (I love my M50 LEs), but for some reason it just appeals to me. It's just sleek and sexy. I don't even think I'd bother using custom shields, unless I came up with a really cool design. And if I did get custom shields, they'd probably just be matte black with a cool logo. I'm very glad V-MODA decided to add matte black. Gunmetal would look good too. I'm not really feeling the Phantom Chrome though. Usually I'm attracted to the chrome (so shiny), but in small amounts. Having an entire reflective plate just seems too much to me. But that's just my taste, I'm sure there are others who would love the design. 

Jul 14, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #3,342 of 23,366
Man oh man looking through the last few pages I've come to realize there's a lot of crappy and gaudy looking headphones out there as well as people with some very thin skins. The following is just my two cents on a few past posts. It's generally meant as a blanket statement and not meant to be targeted at anyone specific.

For the record the M 80 isn't dark. It's treble is all there and quite flat but because of the rest of it's sound signature it feels soft. It's NOT dark like the AiAiAi TMA-1 is which is little more then a bass cannon and a badly implemented one at that. I've had the TMA-1 on my head there's nothing special about it and my XB700 easily slays it. For the people out there who like the TMA-1 more power to you but you're comparing apples to oranges when you put the M-80 and TMA-1 in the same sentence.

As for the rose gold Klipsh headphone picture in general I've become quite disillusioned with Klipsh. Their sound is really not my cup of tea and I'm especially not a fan of their build quality. You only have to buy a pair of X10 IEM's which are supposed to be their flagship IEM to see for yourselves what I'm talking about. Rose gold as a color itself is not a bad color. On a watch or piece of metal jewellery for instance I think rose gold can look quite stunning as long as the shape of the objects form factor is smooth and fluid. What I mean by that is if you take a second look at the Klipsh headphone picture you'll see the headphones lines are generally smooth utilizing very circular and elliptical shapes throughout its form factor and the color of rose gold serves to accentuate that fluidity and make the human eye take in the headphones form factor as one complete whole. The M-100 from what I've gleamed from pictures is more rugged and industrial with very clean and crisp lines throughout it's form factor. You put a color like rose gold on the M-100 because of it's crisp lines and industrial look it's not going to have that smooth flow like on the Klipsh can and will only serve to draw the human eye to specific area's of the headphone instead of causing the human eye to take in the form factor as a complete whole. That's why some colors on certain products start to look rather gaudy and overly loud and blinged out. Again this is just my two cents considering there's a few people on here with photoshop skills maybe try throwing the color onto the M-100 and see if I'm wrong.

Finally, this is a thread dedicated to the M-100 that's supposed to be populated by people excited about a product. In the beginning this thread was really fun and generally still is. I really don't see a need for various people on here to be taking jabs at one another over what amounts to a lot of nothing. This is supposed to be fun not a verbal wrestling match. Yuk it up fellow boppers and please don't muk it up.

God Bless

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #3,343 of 23,366
Quote:
Man oh man looking through the last few pages I've come to realize there's a lot of crappy and gaudy looking headphones out there as well as people with some very thin skins. The following is just my two cents on a few past posts. It's generally meant as a blanket statement and not meant to be specifically targeted at anyone specific.

For the record the M 80 isn't dark. It's treble is all there and quite flat but because of the rest of it's sound signature it feels soft. It's NOT dark like the AiAiAi TMA-1 is which is little more then a bass cannon and a badly implemented one at that. I've had the TMA-1 on my head there's nothing special about it and my XB700 easily slays it. For the people out there who like the TMA-1 more power to you but you're comparing apples to oranges when you put the M-80 and TMA-1 in the same sentence.

As for the rose gold Klipsh headphone picture in general I've become quite disillusioned with Klipsh. Their sound is really not my cup of tea and I'm especially not a fan of their build quality. You only have to buy a pair of X10 IEM's which are supposed to be their flagship IEM to see for yourselves what I'm talking about. Rose gold as a color itself is not a bad color. On a watch or piece of metal jewellery for instance I think rose gold can look quite stunning as long as the shape of the objects form factor is smooth and fluid. What I mean by that is if you take a second look at the Klipsh headphone picture you'll see the headphones lines are generally smooth utilizing very circular and elliptical shapes throughout its form factor and the color of rose gold serves to accentuate that fluidity and make the human eye take in the headphones form factor as one complete whole. The M-100 from what I've gleamed from pictures is more rugged and industrial with very clean and crisp lines throughout it's form factor. You put a color like rose gold on the M-100 because of it's crisp lines and industrial look it's not going to have that smooth flow like on the Klipsh can and will only serve to draw the human eye to specific area's of the headphone instead of causing the human eye to take in the form factor as a complete whole. That's why some colors on certain products start to look rather gaudy and overly loud and blinged out. Again this is just my two cents considering there's a few people on here with photoshop skills maybe try throwing the color onto the M-100 and see if I'm wrong.

Finally, this is a thread dedicated to the M-100 that's supposed to be populated by people excited about a product. In the beginning this thread was really fun and generally still is. I really don't see a need for various people on here to be taking jabs at one another over what amounts to a lot of nothing. This is supposed to be fun not a verbal wrestling match. Yuk it up fellow boppers and please don't muk it up.

God Bless

You are right on the money about the M-80,  TMA-1 and the Klipsch line.  I only posted the rose gold Klipsch pic for color since I am Photoshop deficient.  I think everyone is testy and frustrated due to necessary production delays.  There are other headphones I am considering, but have everything on hold until I can audition the M-100, so I share everyone's frustration.

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #3,345 of 23,366
Quote:

Agreed whole-heartedly; I think that everyone is getting testy, since we're at the point now, where it's so close to launch, and all we can do is wait for news and PPU's from Val. There's no longer much we can help with - to the point that anyone who makes suggestions is criticized.

Agreed on the TMA-1 as well, I had mine for about 4 months, and ended up selling it. It needed an EQ to sound balanced at all, and that ate away at battery on my iPod.
Quote:
 I think everyone is testy and frustrated due to necessary production delays.  There are other headphones I am considering, but have everything on hold until I can audition the M-100, so I share everyone's frustration.

Agreed - I'm in the same boat. Looking at the PSB M4U 2's, just like you Craigster75 - but if these sound better for cheaper.... You get the picture.

This wait is killing me!! 
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back