V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 11, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #3,063 of 23,366
what do you think about the smaller package concept and using ORANGE...

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #3,065 of 23,366
Quote:

If that is indeed orange, it looks pretty sweet! Although I'd say keep it on the red side like your logo, which the one in your pic does so no worries. DAMN i wanna hear these already

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #3,066 of 23,366

O_______O

Smaller package = more "green," becomes more likely to keep. Apple keeps making their boxes smaller and smaller. Of course there is a volume shipping benefit too. The downside is the package design needs to overcome the shelf-space dominance disadvantage. My LP box is already smaller than the other boxes I have from full-sized cans.
I like orange, and I think it makes a good cheerful accent color (see the black with orange cable AKG gaming headphones), but on the box alone it doesn't go with any of your headphone color schemes or the tone set by any of your marketing so far. Major use of orange =/= mysterious, contained, controlled, sofisticated, because orange (and lime green like in AKG's green Q701) is a loud color.
http://www.tottenhamcourtroaddirect.co.uk/index.php/catalog/product/gallery/image/806/id/702/

Edit: lol @ "need a quote that's PHENOMINAL."

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #3,069 of 23,366
The smaller box is definitely a great thing I think and should be used BUT the color IMO should be right in-between those so it gets  a more reddish color, maybe "blood"-red or well whatever would correspond right in-between those two in terms of red hue, I think that would be perfect.

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #3,070 of 23,366
Quote:

THREAD THOUGHTS - FIRST SEMI-OPEN SOURCE HEADPHONE?
I think this thread should stay as is and maybe we edit the title to reflect "development/open-source". To me, it has been so special as I've gotten REAL feedback from the community for over a year on M-100 and everyone's input went into this project.  Many Head-Fiers got to try versions dating back from RMAF last year.  We are making new accessories based on feedback that aren't in the packaged units (like larger ear cushions). Let's let it ride for now and continue to give me feedback on some small details that can change final product in the next 40 days.  

This sounds interesting!  Any more details on this?

Also, what do you think of velour pads?  They might change the sound a bit, but they might be a bit more comfortable in more warm/humid environments.

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #3,072 of 23,366
Quote:

Looks very well designed there val, I am all for it!

Also if I am correct, the PPU's are the ones that will be tested and refurbished? To what level is the refurbishing of them if it is true?

I only ask because having this fear of refurbished products not preforming/lasting as well as a new pair. Considering that I am gunning for these and they will more than likely be my only pair for QUITE some time. I want to be able to get as much mileage out of it between normal usage and years of usage (which is not as heavy as my HS days but enough that consistent use over a few years while taking care of them) will still be nice to use 3-5 years after purchase and then upgrade from there.

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #3,073 of 23,366
I'd still prefer this red color personally but yea to me colors on the box isn't such a big deal. :p

r: 135
g: 11
b: 19
(taken out of the "V" red stripe on the headphone)

Also what do people think about:

Here's a quick MSpaint edit of how it would look like roughly <3 :p

It would be important that the red would be dull & dark enough though as it would look odd if it became too shiny & bright looking.

Making the stripe just above the pads which is chrome colored on LP2's matte black theme, similarly red as the "V" on M100 for the Shadow theme?

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #3,074 of 23,366
Hmmm...

I think I'm going with glossy black headphones.

Val, have you tried other than red for the visible part of the shadow M-100, when wearing it? I'm wondering what white would look like, instead of red.

What about Glossy black, with white instead of red, and call it:

Piano M-100

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #3,075 of 23,366
Quote:
RETAIL PLAN
OK - I've been meeting with a lot of retail stores on ideas for launch in stores, everybody wants M-100.  Retail stores make it more complicated. But these are great stores that love V-MODA so I feel we should choose one and our community can show we have purchasing strength to retail!

this like the Sennheiser Amperior's being released exclusively through Apple Stores ?... a lot of people were/are upset with that little nugget on Head-Fi, especially people who placed pre-orders with Sennheiser dealers of repute... no doubt the cost of the product and profits will be maximized by having a sole selling source on release... nothing like competition to keep prices affordable and what about the other dealers/retailers who have been loyal to V-Moda in the past, by-passed like the Sennheiser deal with Apple?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back