V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #1,156 of 23,366
I probably will get an M-100, because I love the sound and looks of my M-80, but the on ear may not be my thing. It's fine for a while, but after more than an hour, it starts to hurt my ears
frown.gif
. It's really a shame because I love the M-80s so much. Unfortunately, the only decent camera I have is unusable because I lost the proprietary charger, and I don't have any headphones to break or cut up, not even any earbuds. So, good luck to everyone.

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #1,157 of 23,366

Quote:
I probably will get an M-100, because I love the sound and looks of my M-80, but the on ear may not be my thing. It's fine for a while, but after more than an hour, it starts to hurt my ears
frown.gif
. It's really a shame because I love the M-80s so much. Unfortunately, the only decent camera I have is unusable because I lost the proprietary charger, and I don't have any headphones to break or cut up, not even any earbuds. So, good luck to everyone.

It doesn't really hurt my ears as much as it makes them warm. 

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #1,158 of 23,366

Quote:

Dude don't hate. I was just having some fun. I think your picture is cool and original, and was just trying to explain a little of my thought process in making my picture. Maybe that aspect of lightheartedness didn't come through--normally I include a smiley face or something along with the words so people don't misunderstand. I don't take this thing very seriously, so please take my posts with a grain of salt. It's called a tongue-in-cheek writing style. Look it up.
I have to respond to your post because I feel like it was done with attitude, which I can't really understand or condone: Stiff competition indeed, if you feel like you have to resort to name-calling and character attacks. I didn't post anything with the intention of "begging;" I have more self-respect than that (and frankly, I can just buy the M-100s when they come out). Also, please don't call me unprofessional, or any other name for that matter. We don't know each other. I didn't attack you or even mention you in my post, other than by implying that I thought your picture was good when I quoted Val's comment about your pic being #1. If you are a professional...contestant, or something...then great, good for you, but I'm not, and I can express myself any way I want, especially when it's in good fun on a relatively tame thread. I'm always amazed at how people can start a conversation or comment, "With all due respect…" and then go on to immediately say something disrespectful. Why not just be honest and say, "Hey jack@$$, here's what I think of you…" Whatever.

Either way, regardless of photo contests, I had always expected to buy the M-100 at full price; it's just icing on the cake that Val's offer of some sort of voucher or discount or promo code is super generous. I'm not really feeling the collective love and excitement for the M-100 in this thread any more like in the beginning--it seems like it's devolving into any other trolling grounds. It's great that people have joined Head-Fi just to talk about the M-100, but the spirit of community has given way to competition, which isn't really my style. So consider my photo rescinded from the contest. Have at it. I'll just wait and check back in June.
L8R SK8RS.

My reply was not meant to be malicious in any way. And I wouldn't say I was calling you names in any way. I never called you unprofessional, I implied the disposition in your post was. If anything this response to what I said was far more malicious however I would hardly hold it against you, as just like you said, I don't know you.

Also, you'll never find me posting something such as whats in bold, as its against my beliefs and how I act in general. Acting like that to me is essentially pointless. And also, in my opinion, even a contest on a forum should have some degree of professional demeanor.

I do agree however that the thread has become a tad more heated, however that's more then likely due to the contest. There's still a plenty of love going around and there will be even more in the future as we near release. Also, I will say this much, please don't rescind your entry from the contest. There's no real point in doing so, and honestly its one of my favorite entries, extremely well done and I'd feel cheated if I didn't get to compete against it :p

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #1,159 of 23,366

Well, I found some earbuds. It may not be as good as the rest of you but, I'll give it a go.

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #1,160 of 23,366
What are you guys using to take pictures? It seems a good many of you have the same pattern with progressive shade around the corners...

Val, about the folding cups of the M-100. Are the hinges held by permanent means or can it be screwed/unscrewed?

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #1,161 of 23,366

Quote:
What are you guys using to take pictures? It seems a good many of you have the same pattern with progressive shade around the corners...

Val, about the folding cups of the M-100. Are the hinges held by permanent means or can it be screwed/unscrewed?

I used an app for my tablet called "Pudding Camera" and used the color setting it calls 'Vignetting'. Then I applied a brush stroke effect on the computer.

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #1,162 of 23,366

Quote:

To be quite honest, I used my phone to take the picture as I have yet to buy a DSLR (Plan to get into photography as a hobby over the summer). I also used Instagram, while loathed by most, to add a quick filter for added effect. Personally loathe instagram myself admittedly, in the right hands it can be quite a useful tool however for a quick picture effect when needed.

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #1,165 of 23,366
Quote:
So who was first, I have a clever idea for this winner to get a M-100.  all you have to do is

RECYCLE PLASTIC PROMO*
1) break a plastic headphone (any will do and its quite easy)
2) put it in a plastic recycle bin
3) take a picture of it there
4) post it on V-MODA Facebook wall
5) I send you M-100

for those that didn't guess the folding earcup, I'll come up with a voucher of $20-50 (I have to check w accounting). There are lots of other little things...

I'm a little confused about the rules myself.  Most of the entries are not even in a recyle bin, which is what I thought the whole point of this was about. Anyhow ,the way this was worded I thought whoever had guessed folding earcups and posted their recycled pic first on the V-Moda page would win and the rest get vouchers?  My entry is pitiful at best (see below) but was first and fulfilled the initial requirements. However, I do realize you were thinking on the fly and this contest was in a 'fluid' state. Such as, adding in artistic rendition and judging panel.  Which means I'm 'bout to get all Andy Warhol'ed up in here.  That's right, epic re-submission forthcoming.   Off in the distance storm clouds gather amidst the faint sounds of shoveled earth. 

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #1,166 of 23,366

Quote:
Quote:
I'm a little confused about the rules myself.  Most of the entries are not even in a recyle bin, which is what I thought the whole point of this was about. 

It was a brainstorm, I put the carriage before the horse a bit on this one.  But that's okay, we like to be quick - agility is a competitive advantage for small companies.

We have thought it out more and will be posting the OFFICIAL program tomorrow on our Facebook.  

yes, get your Warhol-hat on.... I think the artistic submissions so far have been brilliant, it is exciting to see the creativity.  I guess the recycle bin is optional.  If some photographer does something crazy like David LaChapelle, I'll buy some full page ads for it!   

http://www.davidlachapelle.com/

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #1,167 of 23,366

Quote:

It was a brainstorm, I put the carriage before the horse a bit on this one.  But that's okay, we like to be quick - agility is a competitive advantage for small companies.

We have thought it out more and will be posting the OFFICIAL program tomorrow on our Facebook.  

yes, get your Warhol-hat on.... I think the artistic submissions so far have been brilliant, it is exciting to see the creativity.  I guess the recycle bin is optional.  If some photographer does something crazy like David LaChapelle, I'll buy some full page ads for it!   

http://www.davidlachapelle.com/

I had no idea David LaChapelle was an actual artist when you were talking about him. I thought it was the "white" guy Dave Chapelle played in his sketches. Whelp, let us know the contest rules when they come out and when the deadlines and time periods are. 

Possible food for thought, it might be cool for the judges to be the head-fiers that are attending the LA meet. Might be a cool thing to do. 

Apr 19, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #1,168 of 23,366
Quote:
Quoted Part

I'm a little confused about the rules myself.  Most of the entries are not even in a recyle bin, which is what I thought the whole point of this was about. Anyhow ,the way this was worded I thought whoever had guessed folding earcups and posted their recycled pic first on the V-Moda page would win and the rest get vouchers?

My thoughts exactly.
Though I must apologize to have somewhat brought the idea off the original intent.

Apr 19, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #1,169 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back