V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #991 of 23,366

Quote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/08/BU741NVLHQ.DTL
"We don't care about the headphones." Well there you have it folks. I only wish Jimmy and Dre were as honest as Mr. Chou.
wink.gif

I wonder what the hell "Beats Technology" is. Something that makes a lowercase worth $300 million? I'll take an uppercase V any day. How about an iPhone with V-MODA technology? I might have to buy my first Apple product if that happens.

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #992 of 23,366

Quote:

I wonder what the hell "Beats Technology" is. Something that makes a lowercase worth $300 million? I'll take an uppercase V any day. How about an iPhone with V-MODA technology? I might have to buy my first Apple product if that happens.

Basically they just make a special equalizer app for it to mean anything. Other than that its mainly just the branding rights. When you have the brand of something trendy it will attract those who want to be trendy too. Since the android market is taken over with Samsung and soon possible Moto since google bought them HTC is losing ground being the majority in the market. It had no choice but to find something to make them seem of worth in this world. This is only a band-aid however, and anyone with half a brain in the android world knows this is just crap. Hell I loved HTC at one point but now I am looking forward to the Galaxy 3 by Samsung.

But lets get back to the matter at hand, The M-100.

The wait is killing me as usual, ever had one of those dreams where you were in reach of something and were about to have it in your hands to use but never could because of something stupid? I had one of those with the M-100 the other night...

*edit* We are reaching 1000 posts?! Hot damn!

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #993 of 23,366

BEATS/HTC/MONSTER talk IMO should move to the large thread on Head-Fi as to not overtake this thread as I am sure it could go on and on...

VEXING INDUSTRY
The industry is vexing right now and I have a lot to say, I just don't want to say it here and I don't like to bash the competition.  I'd rather be a classy competitor and speak about our virtues while giving credit where credit is due.  I wish I could review all headphones, but I know people would think it is biased.  But I do tell DJs, if you don't DJ with a LP/LP2, use a Pioneer HDJ-2000 (but not the case).

I personally know many of the competitors employees AND most of their factories in-depth.  Also, some of our employees and our competition through the years have churned (esp with three of us), so it is intriguing to me to see what happens.  In fact, because of this industry turnover, I change our biz plan HOURLY and I also give newer employees, especially contractors, misdirected info (past hour) on purpose as pure research and to test them for NDA breaches - although I do phrase it to never lie. We've been so burned in IP breaches, I am forced to do this.  True innovation is critical for all successful brands long-term.  

JUKE POLICY
In case competitors read these threads, I will occasionally have to juke on the forums, but I'll keep track and maybe we can turn it into a game and I'll come clean when the products launch... This way I can disclose some more real stuff, test new ideas (misdirects) and throw in some hidden gems.  For the record, I haven't done any misdirects externally yet.

I thank Apple and Beats for helping us to create this new category of lifestyle headphones. While V-MODA may have kick-started this trend with the first colored-cable headphone, aptly named REMIX M-CLASS (originally for METAL), we wouldn't be here today without them.  Well, actually, REVOLVER was conceptualized nearly 8 years ago so maybe extra $ would have gotten us here faster, but we would have fd it all up on QC and ergos without a LOT of R&D investment and TIME.  I have many more theories on time and products I'll share later....  

M-100 FOCUS, NEW TEASER
To re-focus on M-100, let me give you some updates- the case is smaller...  Also, the next shipment of LP/LP2 to Amazon + V-MODA.com has a smaller case.

CMF
CMF is COLORS MATERIAL AND FINISH.  What do you think of doing the following 4 CMFs for M-100?  We may not be able to make them all, but these are our prototypes I'm making:

1) GOLD/BLACK (like the protos in the wild CHUCKIE, ERICK MORILLO and I are testing at gigs)
2) WHITE/BLUE
3) SHADOW (like M-80)
4) WHITE

here is a snapshot:

gold

blue

white

shadow:

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #994 of 23,366
I like the shadow and the white. Not sure about the blue as there seem to be very small differences with white. Maybe change the blue to red and also the VMODA on the headband to red so that it will stand out more?
Gold is not a colour I like so I'll pass.

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #995 of 23,366

Quote:
VEXING INDUSTRY
The industry is vexing right now and I have a lot to say, I just don't want to say it here and I don't like to bash the competition.  I'd rather be a classy competitor and speak about our virtues while giving credit where credit is due.  I wish I could review all headphones, but I know people would think it is biased.  But I do tell DJs, if you don't DJ with a LP/LP2, use a Pioneer HDJ-2000 (but not the case).

I personally know many of the competitors employees AND most of their factories in-depth.  Also, some of our employees and our competition through the years have churned (esp with three of us), so it is intriguing to me to see what happens.  In fact, because of this industry turnover, I change our biz plan HOURLY and I also give newer employees, especially contractors, misdirected info (past hour) on purpose as pure research and to test them for NDA breaches - although I do phrase it to never lie. We've been so burned in IP breaches, I am forced to do this.  True innovation is critical for all successful brands long-term.  

JUKE POLICY
In case competitors read these threads, I will occasionally have to juke on the forums, but I'll keep track and maybe we can turn it into a game and I'll come clean when the products launch... This way I can disclose some more real stuff, test new ideas (misdirects) and throw in some hidden gems.  For the record, I haven't done any misdirects externally yet.

I thank Apple and Beats for helping us to create this new category of lifestyle headphones. While V-MODA may have kick-started this trend with the first colored-cable headphone, aptly named REMIX M-CLASS (originally for METAL), we wouldn't be here today without them.  Well, actually, REVOLVER was conceptualized nearly 8 years ago so maybe extra $ would have gotten us here faster, but we would have fd it all up on QC and ergos without a LOT of R&D investment and TIME.  I have many more theories on time and products I'll share later....  

Cool.

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #997 of 23,366
Its good to hear about all of this and I also agree that such things regarding the industry changes should be in another thread.

But back onto the topic at hand. YES YES YES YES YES THE SHADOW IS PERFECT. Its just like the M-80 but with MATTE FINISH on the cups! PLEASE keep this version of the SHADOW prototype! Love everything about it!!

The gold, while not my thing also looks very nice! Looks very "PREMIUM" along with the leather headband.

Quote:
Folding Earcups confirmed once and for all? I noticed what seems to be a definitive bracket on the white/blue headphones on the inside which would indicate folding. Also with Val confirming a smaller case, I do so believe this backs it up.

I noticed this as well, Very interesting! Also in the Shadow model you can see front bolt ends perhaps also from the brackets?

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #998 of 23,366
I prefer red + white (instead of blue + white) and shadow. You need to maintain that red.

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #999 of 23,366
That folding plus the smaller case sounds awesome! Since v-moda does the cabling outside, it won't affect the durability of the cables as well and allows for a tighter hinge. That's fantastic. If the durability is as good as the m-80s you have a real nice winning design here Val.

Apr 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #1,002 of 23,366
I've been lurking on these forums ever since a buddy showed up with the m-80s.  I'd have bought a pair of those but he mentioned that there was some new model coming out soon so I'm waiting.  Toss my vote in for the Shadow, its a great look.  

P.S.  Love the community interaction from Val.  The product info and updates are very appreciated and helped me decide to wait for the m-100s instead of getting something else right now.  I will be happier in the long run with my purchase.  

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #1,003 of 23,366

Quote:

BEATS/HTC/MONSTER talk IMO should move to the large thread on Head-Fi as to not overtake this thread as I am sure it could go on and on...

VEXING INDUSTRY

JUKE POLICY

M-100 FOCUS, NEW TEASER
To re-focus on M-100, let me give you some updates- the case is smaller...  Also, the next shipment of LP/LP2 to Amazon + V-MODA.com has a smaller case.

CMF
CMF is COLORS MATERIAL AND FINISH.  What do you think of doing the following 4 CMFs for M-100?  We may not be able to make them all, but these are our prototypes I'm making:

1) GOLD/BLACK (like the protos in the wild CHUCKIE, ERICK MORILLO and I are testing at gigs)
2) WHITE/BLUE
3) SHADOW (like M-80)
4) WHITE

here is a snapshot:

gold

blue

white

shadow:

none of these combinations are horrible but they don't make me overly excited either.  I'd like to see more red and also some grey variations.  I see what you're tryingn to do with the addition of blue to the white, gives it a "ice" feel.

Consider shades of red and grey...I think that'll tickle some fancies.  

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #1,004 of 23,366
grey and red go with more things and are more neutral without giving up styling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back