V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 5, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #887 of 23,366
So M-100's come with custom cut outs and 24k gold shields? Sweet deal
o2smile.gif

But seriously, it would be interesting to see custom cutouts on shields available to all, although it doesn't sound like it'd be a very plausible option. 

edit: ^I vaguely remember a post saying that cups with joints aren't happening yet until V-MODA finds a way to keep the durability with their design.

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #888 of 23,366
Quote:
edit: ^I vaguely remember a post saying that cups with joints aren't happening yet until V-MODA finds a way to keep the durability with their design.

True, but remember what Val said just a few minutes ago?

Quote:
sorry about delays, tooling had to undergo a second round for durability.  

Apr 5, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #890 of 23,366
2014 for a hihgh end headphone eh? By that time hopefully I'll be working my butt off making some good cash... maybe I'll have enough to pick up one of those haha

Quote:
in my next post, I'll share the main secret feature... however, I'll be celebrating my BDAY on the 8th (Easter) in the Florida Keys without internet for my co-producer, Lee Kalt's, wedding.  it'll be MONDAY when I post, so see what ELSE you can come up with!

CABLE
HEADBAND
CASE

all are a lil different...  sorry about delays, tooling had to undergo a second round for durability.  that's the way it is, I'm in same boat as you!

PS - if anybody has a spare $500k-$1M for tooling and NRE, I designed the ULTIMATE future mother of all headphones for 2014 called "MILANO".... we have too many products in queue to kick it off, imagine what V-MODA could do in so many new product categories if we had funding backing!  

But we'll grow organically, and keep it artistic and laser focus on a few star products to nail perfectly.  Thanks for your support...

-val

Apr 5, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #891 of 23,366
YAY UPDATES!!!!! Thanks, Val :) Happy early b-day, btw!

I SPY THE SUPER MIC!!! (#28 & #34) Cool design, having the mic placed closer to the ear cup where the person's mouth is located, and the remote control located farther down the cable, more in convenient reach. Also, yeah, cut out shields as hinted at by the zip pull. What, no YKK on yo zipper?!? Name that Outkast song! (without googling the lyrics.) lol.

And what's #42 all about? Looks like a flat cable attached to a 1/4" adapter (by the looks of it, the flat part, which has V-MODA written on it, is simply the attachment and not an audio cable--it has the look of being able to nest with a round cable much like Apple's earbuds clasp together with one another.) So you can keep your adapter attached to your cable and close at hand to engorge the 3.5 mini at a moment's notice!

And I think Val intentionally let part of #38 exposed so we could see that there's a 3rd cable option--the coiled! Woot! Of course, I may be reading too much into his photo-crop job.

Lastly, let it be known 
evil_smiley.gif
: I was the first on this thread to predict swiveling cups and a folding band (post #735): http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/720#post_8253103

Quote:
ok here is a big hint from our CMF file (colors, materials, finish).  still isn't the BIG feature.

NEW ZIPPER

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #892 of 23,366

Quote:
ok here is a big hint from our CMF file (colors, materials, finish).  still isn't the BIG feature.

NEW ZIPPER

Happy Birthday, Val!

It looks like #42 is a cable loop attached to 1/4 TRS adapter. #28 and #34 are the super mic. That zipper appears to be toothless (though hard to tell from low resolution picture).

I am really interested to know how is M100s' headband different from M80s. I guess it is NOT just a bigger, broader version?

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #893 of 23,366
Sad face 
triportsad.gif
 http://www.head-fi.org/t/603052/v-moda-vamp-development-reviews-pics-etc/30#post_8281108 

BUT happy face 
atsmile.gif
 for the fact that Val won't put anything out to market that isn't 100% awesome and reliable. So it balances out! 

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #894 of 23,366
Personally i hope there will be an entry point for the trs connector on the left and right ear cup. for me thats a huge factor because i like the microphone and 3-button remote to the right ear cup when I'm just listening, but when i'm DJ'ing or Drumming i use the cable on the left ear cup. 

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #895 of 23,366
Hey I knew that! I was the guy on Facebook who guessed the cut out shields!! Ghoose=ghossein lol
Anyways I'm going for design on the headband (awesome!!)
And super mic,
And cut out design,
as far as the "big" feature goes then I'm pretty clueless... It pretty much has everything I think I need. But then again that's why I'm buying these they go above and beyond!

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #896 of 23,366

Quote:
Don't cut my gold plates. 
o2smile.gif

I want the whole pieces. 

Wait... So are all those "We Buy Gold" people working for Val?
I see what you're doing. I'm gonna sell some gold to help this production process along.

Apr 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #898 of 23,366

Quote:
in my next post, I'll share the main secret feature... however, I'll be celebrating my BDAY on the 8th (Easter) in the Florida Keys without internet for my co-producer, Lee Kalt's, wedding.  it'll be MONDAY when I post, so see what ELSE you can come up with!

CABLE
HEADBAND
CASE

all are a lil different...  sorry about delays, tooling had to undergo a second round for durability.  that's the way it is, I'm in same boat as you!

PS - if anybody has a spare $500k-$1M for tooling and NRE, I designed the ULTIMATE future mother of all headphones for 2014 called "MILANO".... we have too many products in queue to kick it off, imagine what V-MODA could do in so many new product categories if we had funding backing!  

But we'll grow organically, and keep it artistic and laser focus on a few star products to nail perfectly.  Thanks for your support...

-val

Thank You, Val!! Why does nobody ever say thank you?? D:

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #900 of 23,366
Nice to know Val! Also loving these hints you are dropping us!!!!

As to the delay on the M-100's, is there a chance of them still releasing before the end of July or is it completely up in the air now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back