V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #767 of 23,366

Quote:
Val! Get the thread going again!
biggrin.gif

NO, I want a release thread if anything, most of the stuff has been hinted at already. We just need to be patient.

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #769 of 23,366
Congrats on the store Val...now you know we want one in atlanta or the east coast period....

NOW ON TO THE FEATURES!!???!?!!

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #770 of 23,366
Quote:

Same here, as long as the sound quality doesn't suffer for it. I personally hope there won't be any active electronics in the M100s -- and that they won't require a headphone amp to equal or better the M80s -- but I'm steeling myself for disappointment...

I wouldnt think the sound quality suffers, rather that it changes slightly; much like the bass port on the IE8's. I feel both open and closed sound have their own particular appeal. If there's a system that can pull both off effectively (which is possible, assuming the shield would be more than just a solid or vented piece), I'd wager it would sell very well

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #772 of 23,366
"Val Kolton, founder and CEO, V-Moda: We will continue to our dedication to high-quality sound, luxurious materials and military-grade durability in every one of our new headphone designs in 2012.  You will also see some non-headphone products launching from V-Moda this year that will cause a lot of excitement amongst modern audiophiles. "

I got this quote from
http://www.twice.com/article/481689-Headphones_Firms_Shine_Light_On_Next_Qtr.php

Now if I remember correctly, the only non-headphone product Val has shared about is Vamp, which we barely know anything about anyway.  But this seems to indicate that some non headphone products will be launching in the near future!!! ???

Also, Val any info you can give on the Vamp?  I was looking at the e17 recently because I was thinking about buying my first amp/dac but I have been hesitant since I might end up wanted the Vamp instead.

Oh and Roy G Biv..mind sharing any links to the site where you found your info?

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #774 of 23,366
Doesn't look like it from the pictures and the article was translated pretty badly. More interesting than the folding of the M-100s is this line:

"...the conference released the Crossfade LP2 and the Crossfade M-100 and other variety of new headphones..."

Other variety? New headphones?
We know about Revolver, but what else? WHAT ELSE!!!

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #775 of 23,366

Quote:
I wouldnt think the sound quality suffers, rather that it changes slightly; much like the bass port on the IE8's. I feel both open and closed sound have their own particular appeal. If there's a system that can pull both off effectively (which is possible, assuming the shield would be more than just a solid or vented piece), I'd wager it would sell very well

Our vents our "semi-closed", as some have found out they are more on the looks side to represent our "VENI. VIDI. VICI." slogan than for function, they are delicately balanced just enough to create a 3D sound with minimizing leakage. As you see, we try to have the yin and the yang.  

Quote:
Congrats on the store Val...now you know we want one in atlanta or the east coast period....

NOW ON TO THE FEATURES!!???!?!!

Well, a few of the features for the first time ever have leaked "hear, there, every wear" as we used to say

Quote:

Tell us what the secret feature is pleeeaaaassseeeee?

see above, we love our fans, thanks for the support!   ok one secret feature - SUPER MIC! 

Quote:
"Val Kolton, founder and CEO, V-Moda: We will continue to our dedication to high-quality sound, luxurious materials and military-grade durability in every one of our new headphone designs in 2012.  You will also see some non-headphone products launching from V-Moda this year that will cause a lot of excitement amongst modern audiophiles. "

I got this quote from
http://www.twice.com/article/481689-Headphones_Firms_Shine_Light_On_Next_Qtr.php

Now if I remember correctly, the only non-headphone product Val has shared about is Vamp, which we barely know anything about anyway.  But this seems to indicate that some non headphone products will be launching in the near future!!! ???

Also, Val any info you can give on the Vamp?  I was looking at the e17 recently because I was thinking about buying my first amp/dac but I have been hesitant since I might end up wanted the Vamp instead.

Oh and Roy G Biv..mind sharing any links to the site where you found your info?

we are releasing an AMP/DAC VERY VERY SOON... stay tuned, May 7th should finish mass production...  it is called "VAMP" officially now.

Quote:
Is this the new feature? .."folded, to provide better portability"... I LIKE IT! 
http://www.3cdigitalparts.com/v-moda-beijing-to-release-a-variety-of-new-headphones.html

"I hate quotations" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

ph34r.gif

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #777 of 23,366
oooo so now its an amp/dac ... heres me hoping it has optical-in

super mic? Lol make the other person deaf :p

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #778 of 23,366

Quote:

we are releasing an AMP/DAC VERY VERY SOON... stay tuned, May 7th should finish mass production...  it is called "VAMP" officially now.

Cool thanks for the info on that :) Since I gotta save monies anyway I can wait.  How much of that green would you suggest I be saving??  You should give us some pics, specs, and whatnot as soon as you can!! 
popcorn.gif

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #779 of 23,366
MSRP is a good start so we know what to compare it against.

I would guess $200-$300, which puts it up against Fiio e17, Leckerton audio UHA-6S, iBasso D12

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #780 of 23,366

Quote:
MSRP is a good start so we know what to compare it against.

I would guess $200-$300, which puts it up against Fiio e17, Leckerton audio UHA-6S, iBasso D12

We calculate MSRP based on our BOM price (bill of materials).  In fact, I don't know M-100's final MSRP until it finishes final validation and we lock it down.  It'll definitely be less than or equal to $300.

The VAMP/DAC is also based on BOM and will be ~$600, yet it's well worth it to think different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back